Chicago P.D. Ratings

Ratings: Chicago P.D. Cops 14-Month High, Second-Largest Audience Ever

More like #WonChicago, amiright?

NBC’s Chicago P.D. closed the franchise’s hat trick crossover event-o-palooza on Wednesday night with 8.8 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating (per finals), marking its second-largest audience ever and its best demo number since November 2014.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Mysteries of Laura (6.8 mil/1.0) dipped a tenth, while Law & Order: SVU (7.8 mil/1.8) surged 29 percent in the demo.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | American Idol opened its farewell tour with 11 mil and a 3.0, down just 3 and 6 percent from its previous season premiere.

ABC | The Middle (7.8 mil/2.1), The Goldbergs (6.6 mil/2.1) and Modern Family (8.4 mil/2.8) all returned up, while black-ish (6.3 mil/2.1) rose four tenths to its best-since-premiere rating. American Crime opened Season 2 with 4.7 mil and a 1.2, besting its final seven Season 1 airings and tying ABC’s season high in the 10 o’clock time slot.

CBS | 2 Broke Girls christened its new time slot with 6.3 mil/1.7, up a tenth from its most recent Thursday outing. Mike & Molly returned to 6.7 mil/1.6, down 16 percent in the demo from both its Season 4 premiere and finale. The People’s Choice Awards (6 mil/1.3) plunged 30 percent from last year.

1. Dean says:

Dave is probably having an aneurism right now. Wow 2 broke girls really took a pounding.

2. Bwhit says:

I liked PD’s episode last night and it showed a side of Voight that we haven’t see before. My only thing was since it was the conclusion to the crossover, I wish they would have shown Hermmann at least once. Maybe the intelligence squad stopping by to check on him given their connection through Molly’s and 51. But good for them with those numbers… Happy to see that :).

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I enjoyed the episode but to me it could have just been a stand alone epi. Didn’t feel like a conclusion to the three part cross over at all.

• Natasha says:

Herman! I was waiting to hear an update on him through the whole episode and was so disappointed that they never mentioned him!

3. LADY_in_MD says:

Modern Family was so funny last night!

• dan says:

We thought it was the weakest episode of a relatively strong season. The Phil/Claire storyline was funny until the punch line (a bet about eating crickets? really?), the Mitchell birthday celebration was OK (Ray Liotta was the best part of that storyline), the Cam/Lily set-up/outcome was obvious from the beginning, and the Jay/Gloria plot wasn’t funny or original. I’m still, however, laughing about their Christmas episode with Andrea Martin so I’ll give this mediocre episode a pass.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Didn’t watch the People’s Choice Awards last night but from what I’ve seen, it was a huge disappointment and I was hoping for James Corden to host instead of Jane Lynch. Maybe her new CBS sitcom Angel From Hell is going to flop in more ways than one. As for 2 Broke Girls, how can they survive on Wednesday nights until Survivor comes back in February?

5. Sheryl says:

I usually only watch Chicago Fire, but I let Dick Wolf trick me into watching the other two shows. Never again.

• Jamie says:

Haha Chicago PD is a really good show! Chicago Med on the other hand….

• Ginger Snap says:

All of the Chicago shows are tired old formulas. They’ll never exceed ER in quality.
      Just shows a lack of creativity coming from NBC.

• Rain says:

I really wish they’d knock it off with the crossovers. I’m the opposite of you, Chicago Fire is the only one I never watch and I hate being forced to either watch it hating the whole hour(which is what I did last time) or skip and then be lost as to what’s happening (which is what happened this time around). Just let them be stand alone shows!

6. N says:

Love The Middle!

7. Nick Hayden says:

pd is 1 of the best shows on nbc i like much better than med fire is great to but pd is my fvorite out of the 3 then fire