People's Choice Awards Winners 2016

People's Choice Awards 2016 Winners: Pretty Little Liars, Big Bang and More

Ladies and gentlemen, the “People” have spoken.

Jane Lynch on Wednesday hosted the 2016 People’s Choice Awards, where some of our favorite shows and stars walked away with… well, more awards than they showed up with, that’s for sure.

This year’s PCAs featured a whopping 31 TV-centric categories, so no one can say there weren’t plenty of awards to go around. We’ll add more winners as they’re announced tonight, but here’s what we’ve got so far:

Favorite Cable TV Comedy: It’s Always Sunny in Philadephia

Favorite Cable TV Drama: Pretty Little Liars

Favorite Actress in a New TV Series: Priyanka Chopra, Quantico

Favorite Actor in a New TV Series: John Stamos, Grandfathered

Favorite Dramatic TV Actor: Taylor Kinney, Chicago Fire

Favorite Cable TV Actress: Sasha Alexander, Rizzoli & Isles

Favorite Comedic TV Actress: Melissa McCarthy, Mike & Molly

For a full list of non-TV winners, head over to the official People’s Choice site.

Your thoughts on this year’s winners (so far)? Drop a comment with your reactions below.

1. TvLover says:

Granted this is the PCA awards so i did not record this show. Thank god. Because, clearly it’s the longest waste of time ever. I’d have been fine if it had just been announced on line.
    Hopefully, everyone at the show gets free booze afterwords cause, it pretty much seemed like a complete waste of time for everyone there. I’ve switched between shows and I think a total of four awards were given out? I don’t know, I gave up after a half hour into the program.
    Anyone else stick with it?

• Peggy says:

All the awards show are boring. its just another way of the over paid actors and actress’s to award themselves, Not so much with the PCA, but pretty much all the others coming to a tv near you.. Over priced cloths nobody can afford or would ever wear. When I hear ppl ask on the red carpet what are you wearing? I wanna puke. What the heck does it even matter what you wear? The fashion industry is a joke!

2. matt says:

Don’t watch any of the TV winners. Glad I didn’t watch the whole show. Who was that trying to sing with the fly boys with the half crew of white dancers. There are better shows with better actors. Go johnny.

3. Manu says:

FYeah, Person of Interest. How embarrassing for CBS, though.

• Kate says:

Not as embarrassing as for TNT when “Leverage” won after it had been cancelled.

• Elena says:

Why? Because it won and will most likely get cancelled? Like CBS cares. I even believe they made them win to promote the shows last run ;-)

People are so naive these days…

• A fan of TV says:

Hardly embarrassing since PCA voters can go online and click a button more than once, but can’t give the show double ratings and can’t sell double the ads. The fans of the show really love it, but CBS really loves money, and that’s where the idea they’re embarrassed by keeping the show in limbo falls apart.

4. Mak says:

BATB is Favourite Network Scifi show ….hahaha. These awards are a joke. How many times did the handful of BATB fans have to vote to win…SMH WOW!

• ABG says:

Yeah. I’m sorry but BATB winning basically makes this thing pointless.

But good to see Grey’s getting some awards somewhere.

5. S. says:

Person of Interest got Crime Drama but Stana and Nathan won Crime Drama Actress and Actor. Oh well. I’m not shocked. Too many people who might’ve voted for the show got cranky about the season so far. Personally I’m shocked they won that many years anyway because POI and other CBS crime dramas are sooo huge. As a Castle fan who’s got no problem with the general direction of the show, I have to say props to the POI fans. You deserved recognition as a fandom for awhile and unfortunately had to deal with other popular shows in your genre. Congratulations! At least you know CBS will be super happy to promote it as a thing whereas ABC can’t generally be bothered to mention Castle, even when the show premiered the day after the Emmy Awards that aired on ABC one year. Didn’t even put it in a montage with other shows it was highlighting.

6. wrstlgirl says:

It cracks me up how they all act surprised when they win. What a joke. They already know.

• Just one thing says:

Yes. And everyone there knows that non-CBS shows are going to get crap coverage. I hope superfans give up the ghost on this awards show, because it’s shamelessly biased toward CBS/CW.

7. Barb says:

To many categories and not enough live show. Wish they would have shown Stana and Nathan win their awards for Castle.

8. KLS says:

How many awards were given out on the broadcast? I kept flipping back and forth, but never saw any given out. Did they only show the CBS winners?

9. Jim J. says:

I resent the fact that stars of “Two and a Half Men”, “The Big Bang Theory”, “2 Broke Girls”, and “Mom” have hosted the People’s Choice Awards in years past, but no stars of “Mike & Molly” have hosted, and instead CBS had to get a star from their sitcom which hasn’t premiered yet? It doesn’t help that CBS already canceled “M&M”. If CBS was still using the PCAs as a promotional vehicle for their sitcom division, then I hate that they couldn’t let Melissa McCarthy host instead. I’ll be pushing for Melissa McCarthy to host a future PCAs ceremony in the coming years. At least Queen Latifah didn’t have a current CBS sitcom when she hosted the PCAs years ago.

10. Kate says:

I don’t watch any awards shows, as I find them all rather boring and long-winded. But I don’t begrudge anyone winning, and I’m super stoked Jensen Ackles finally won something for all his outstanding performances on Supernatural. Good for you, Jensen!

11. Guest says:

Omg. I’m so done with all of these award shows. It like the head producers (or whatever they are) all called each other up beforehand and said something like “hey guys you must, I mean MUST, no matter how bad he deserves to win, we must snub Sam Heughan out of every award for every award show this year”. Freaking RIDICULOUS!!!! Love Jensen, supernatural is like on of my first loves of tv shows..but seriously? I’m sorry but you can’t get a better gut wrenching, heart breaking, raw performance than we did from Heughan this year. I get it, its a new show but again..Jesus.

• SamFan says:

I love both but like you said Outlander is a new show and there will be plenty of time for Sam to be showered with awards and he really deserves them but Supernatural is in it’s 11th season, they might squeeze out one more but that will be it and after over a decade playing Dean Winchester I’m stoked Jensen Ackles has finally won recognition for it because he’s awesome to.

12. Says a lot about cable TV if the favourite TV actor is someone from a rality show haha

13. Phun says:

Glad to see SUPERGIRL win best new tv drama. And for all the haters who say this award is meaningless, The Flash won last year! I guess it was meaningless then?????

• Brigid says:

Yes it was meaningless. When no one knows were the nominations come from and you can vote numerous times, it is a ridiculous “Award Show”. Seriously, Beauty and the Beast who have like 900,000 fans won for best Sci-Fi show, you know it’s a joke.

• Phun says:

Actually not! the PCA’s give a chance for shows to be recognized that would otherwise not be recognized. The people have spoken and it looks like Beauty and the Beast has a strong united fan base, who are willing to shell out money to see their actors at cons, etc and buy possible merchandise of the show and will rally behind the show when facing possible cancellation.

14. dancmh says:

Favorite Network TV Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show: Beauty and the Beast

…..tells me all I need to know about this award show…..

15. Reine says:

Wow, don’t watch most of these shows.

16. Lorna says:

Scream queens was beyond awful

17. brandydanforth81 says:

I’m glad Melissa Mcarthy,BBT,PLL( suprised with all the hate it’s gotten recently it won)& Scream Queens,BatB won.Hoped OUAT would win but still glad BatB did.

18. dioxinblues says:

How annoyed is CBS that Person of Interest fans rose up to give the show a win right as their network is actively kicking them out the door?