NCIS Season 13 Ratings

Ratings: NCIS Hits 11-Month High, New Orleans at Best Numbers in a Year

On the heels of the news that Michael Weatherly will be bidding the show adieu (and with The Voice out of the mix), NCIS returned from its holiday break to 18.7 million total viewers and a 2.6 demo rating, up 21 and 24 percent to hit its best numbers since Feb. 10.

Continuing the crossover event, NCIS: New Orleans (17 mil/2.4) in turn surged 40 percent to deliver its best numbers in a year. Limitless (7.4 mil/1.4) rose 11 percent and a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | New Girl christened its new time slot with 3.4 million total viewers and a 1.,4 rating, up from both its May finale (2.2 mil/1.1) and its Season 4 average (2.7 mil/1.3). Grandfathered (3 mil/1.0) ticked up a tenth. Brooklyn Nine-Nine marked its Tuesday homecoming with 2.7 mil and a 1.2, down 29 percent from its most recent Sunday outing. The Grinder (2.1 mil/0.8) was up a tenth. (Combined, B99 and Grinder pretty much matched Scream Queens‘ finale, which did 2.4 mil/0.9.)

NBC | Leading out of Hollywood Game Night (which with 4.4 mil and a 1.2 delivered about 40 percent of The Voice’s Tuesday average), Chicago Fire (7.4 mil/1.8) and Chicago Med (8.4 mil/1.9) both were down in audience and two tenths in the demo.

ABC | A Shark Tank special did 4.3 mil and a 1.2 (besting Fox’s 9 o’clock comedy hour), while Beyond the Tank returned to 3.9 mil/1.1.

1. DAG says:

Is Person of Interest ever coming back? I just can’t get into Limitless. I need the POI gang back!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Someday!

• ScrubsGuy says:

Bless you for keeping the hope alive for us POIers!

Also, saw Sarah Shahi and Michael Emerson on the TVLine turns 5 video – sweet!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Sarah also did a funny bit on where she was the day TVLINE launched, but the audio simply wasn’t up to snuff.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m with you on Limitless. I finally took it off my DVR as a regular series recording. I really tried but found I was actually forcing myself to watch it. That’s just stupid on my part.

• EllenAce says:

Alas…not even the CBS juggernaut NCIS, can come away unscathed, from what I’m about to predict:

A sure bet, sharp drop in demo numbers, that most certainly will result, regarding the loss of such a significant core character. Although MW, (DINozzo), has all my love, blessings and support, as he is awesome, he will definitely be missed. For example, who will call his partner and friend McGee, all the adorable made up versions of his name, we’ve come to chuckle in amazement about?

Happy for the actor, but truly a sad day for television. 😢

2. ndixit says:

That’s still pretty bad for Limitless. It basically lost 10 million viewers and a full ratings point from its lead in.

• MissEllys says:

Yeah, but the show itself is holding steady to its own ratings, so it’s not doing too bad.

• herman1959 says:

And it’s gotten much better as the season’s gone on. I loved that Sherlock-like explanation at the end (no spoilers here).

• ndixit says:

But it’s not particularly good in context of CBS. Especially for a brand new show.

• herman1959 says:

But,CBS is the network that is more willing to give a show a chance. Plus, Bradley Cooper adds a lot to the it – he was great last night – and since he’s a producer, he’ll probably continue to show up now and then.

• tvjunkie says:

I don’t know about other people, but my DVR had it marked as a repeat that originally aired 12/20 and so did not flag it to record. I think service providers get show info from the same source, so it’s entirely possible a lot of people didn’t realize it was a new episode. Luckily I doubled checked and read the description and realized the guide was wrong about it being a repeat.

3. Mr. Tran K says:

I know how fans of NCIS must feel about Michael Weatherly’s exit from the show.

4. Gerald says:

Tuesday is the most packed TV night of the week and it will only get worse when Flash and iZombie and Agent Carter return. I watched Teen Wolf and Shannara Chronicles. (Curious how their ratings will be.) Limitless, Chicago Fire and B99 are on my PVR. I love all these show and I wish they were not all on the same night.

• MissEllys says:

Tuesdays are packed with goodies. As for cable ratings, I think they are released a couple days later than network ratings.

• Fido says:

My schedule is thus: Mon (3) Tue (11) Wed (2) Thu (6) Fri (0) Sat (0) Sun (1) – so is also Tue-heavy. Will just a couple and save the rest for later in the week. So that’ll be Flash and iZombie…. and The Shannara Chronicles… and Agent Carter, of course… and Limitless, definately… and possibly Shadow Hunters too. :)

5. Boiler says:

Not a regular watcher of the Chicago shows but sort of surprised at their performance. Not a big competition night.

• herman1959 says:

Yes, what about that “crossover effect”?

• kmw says:

Not having The Voice in front of them probably hurt them a bit plus both NCIS’S were way up. I was actually surprised New Girl did so well all things considered on FOX but too bad for Grinder

6. ScrubsGuy says:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine? NOOOOOOOOOO!

In context, did it fare better against it’s previous non-Sunday slot? Fox, don’t Fringe this up!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It’s previous Tuesday outing (Season 1 finale) did 2.6 mil and a 1.3. So… “steady.”

• ndixit says:

I sure hope to god it stays steady. This season already is having me say goodbye to a ton of my favorite shows either due to massive dip in quality (Castle) or due to cast members leaving (NCIS), so I would hate to lose the only comedy I consistently watch, especially when it’s so good.

• Boiler says:

I feel the same way. There are 4 or 5 shows I watch that I am worried will be gone and not impressed with quality of new stuff

7. Toby says:

MTV ratings will come in in a few days, right?

8. John NYC says:

A more balanced crossover pairing than often is presented. Good showing for NCIS: NOLA in particular.

9. Eric says:

To me, Limitless is out of place on Tuesdays after NCIS: NOLA. I think moving it after Scorpion would make more sense, as would putting NCIS: LA after NOLA.

10. Maryann says:

Strange that the Chicago crossover is down — crossovers usually go up.

• John NYC says:

Perhaps because the set the Chicago crossover in New Orleans? Such a blatant error in geography might have put off fans: expecting bratwurst and getting beignets? Shudder.

• John NYC says:

Ah, more than one crossover last night?

In any case; now I’m hungry…..

11. Ginny Reagles says:

Regarding DiNozzo: I know a lot of people aren’t going to like my comment, but here goes. I hope they do kill him off. I loved the Ziva character, but everyone is still whining about her and asking when she’s coming back. I don’t want that to be the case with DiNozzo. If he’s going I want it to be permanent. I love his character, but if he dies everyone will have to accept the fact he’s not coming back. Like the shock in one of the early episodes where a major female character was killed off with no warning. But we had to realize she wouldn’t be back and gradually accepted it. I wish Michael Weatherly all the best and hope to see him on something else at some point in the future.

12. L walden says:

the show will go down hill from here. Cote leaving was bad enough. I hope the producers do a better job at replacing him then they did with Cote. There is no way the show will be as good.