Bates Motel Season 4 Premiere Date

A&E to Launch Bates Motel Season 4 Alongside New Omen Thriller Damien

As if Norman Bates didn’t have enough problems, A&E is hooking the teen psycho up with Satan.

The cabler announced on Wednesday that Bates Motel‘s fourth season will be paired with Glen Mazzara’s new Omen “sequel” drama Damien on Monday nights beginning March 7.

Bates’ penultimate Season 4 will air at 9/8c, leading into Damien at 10/9c.

Starring Bradley James (Homeland) in the title role, Damien follows the mysterious child from the classic horror movie, who has grown up and must now come to terms with his true destiny — that he is the Antichrist.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Hmmm, missed hearing about that one. I love it!!

2. “Bates’ penultimate Season 4” so, it’s confirmed that 5 is the last one then?

3. It’s weird how Damien is a sequel to the original movie rather than the remake. Timeline-wise, though it would still be a stretch, it would make more sense to have it follow the latter than the former.

• Andrew says:

@ Michael Sacal – To me, both timelines are practically identical. Sure, the remake opened in the Vatican observatory instead of the hospital as in the original, but: After that, everything that took place in the remake followed the original timeline. Damien even ended up with the PotUS at the end of both films. So, I guess it could be argued that the TV Series could be a continuation of either film.

At least, that’s how I see it. Besides a different opening sequence and flashes of the jackal mother, the remake offered nothing new in terms of story.

• If you’ve seen the trailer, you’ll notice a portrait of the family from the original movie with Gregory Peck, so it’s clearly intended as a sequel of Donner’s version, heh.

4. Kate says:

Damien is one of those shows I have been looking forward to. Here’s my quandary. I usually have to sit with Bates a few minutes after I watch it, I wonder if I will be distracted (this was an issue with Limitless last night, I love that show but I was a little distracted by Teen Wolf).

5. Gerald says:

Bradley James (Merlin)
    Looking forward to Damien. Hope it is good.
    Hope it doesn’t get confused with Lucifer on Fox. This one looks and sounds better to me.

6. Guy says:

Seemed like a given that A&E would pair these two shows up the second that Damien was announced (and when The Returned was canceled).

7. Angela says:

That’s got to be one of the most appropriate pairings of shows I’ve ever seen :D. The commercials for “Damien” made it look pretty creepy and interesting, so I may well check that out.
    Nice to have the return date for “Bates Motel”. Can’t wait.

8. Matt C. says:

So excited for Bates Motel to come back! It’s one of my favorite shows, and unfortunately it has the shortest seasons of any of the shows I watch (only 10 episodes between March and May, and then it’s done until the next March!). Plus it’ll be refreshing to enjoy this season without having to worry about ratings/cancellation, since it’s already been picked up for a fifth (and final?) season.

9. Lindsey says:

Finally! I can’t wait for Damien.

10. Joey Padron says:

Happy season 4 of Bates Motel have an air date. Can’t wait to see new season!

• jj says:

just to be clear. . Bates motel is returning march 7th , isn’t it. Don’t want to miss any of that crazy Norma. Love this show.

11. Guess appearance: Donald Trump as Damien’s spiritual father? Sorta like an apprentice from hell, except the Donald says, “You’re in the fire.”

12. Amber says:

I Love this show!!!!!!!!

13. Storm666 says:

Omg I’m so excited!!!! I can’t wait for season 4.I buy the seasons and watch them all. Omg omg I’m soooooo excited.I love bates motel

14. Puerto Rico has been left out of Bates Motel. Why?