NCIS Los Angeles Ratings

Ratings: NCIS: LA Hits 10-Month Highs as All CBS Dramas Surge

CBS’ Monday drama lineup rang in the new year with significant across-the-board gains.

Opening the Eye’s night, Supergirl returned to 8.8 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, up 20 percent from its last fresh outing to hit and match its best numbers since Week 2.

A “chilling” Scorpion then did 11.5 mil and a 2.1, drawing its biggest audience since Feb. 9 and a best-since-premiere rating. Come 10 pm, a highly entertaining episode of NCIS: LA put up 10.5 mil/1.6, its best numbers since March 9.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | Superstore (6 mil/1.7) and Telenovela (4.5 mil/1.3) somewhat improbably more than doubled their most recent fresh episodes, while the rejiggered The Biggest Loser (3.8 mil/1.2) shed 30 and 25 percent from its previous premiere.

ABC | The Bachelor opened its new season with 7.5 mil and a 2.2, matching its previous premiere and edging out Scorpion for the nightly demo win. The aftershow did 4.1 mil/1.1, matching Castle‘s most recent rating though down a good 35 percent in total audience.

FOX | Superhuman averaged 3.6 mil and a 1.2 across its two-hour run.

1. Joe says:

I miss the comedies on Cbs on Monday night , I like that NBc put comedies on hope they make it

• iakovos says:

I agree, Joe. I always liked CBS Monday comedies, going back to KATE & ALLIE, NEWHART, DESIGNING WOMEN, RAYMOND… although in recent years, they pale to those 1980s and 1990s winners. I am cheered NBC is taking a gamble here. I love how Eva Longoria can be funny. And A good ensemble workplace comedy is always welcome.

• Boiler says:

I agree also Joe.

2. Brian says:

Thats fantastic for Supergirl

3. DavidJ says:

Wow, really glad to see Supergirl jumping back up in the ratings. I was starting to think it was never going to get above 1.5 again. Of course it probably helps that there wasn’t much else to choose from last night…

4. tvjunkie says:

I’m surprised by the lack of any comment from the TV Lines resident Supergirl troll.

5. kmw says:

Great night for CBS. Pretty surprised about NBC’S comedies but good for them, I expected them to be much lower against Bachelor and Supergirl. The change didn’t help Biggest Loser though

6. Shaun says:

Surprise surprise,bringing back shows soon after New Year actually gets people to watch.All those ridiculous return dates infuriate me.

• Patrick says:

The TV nets need to understand that viewership has changed. Whatever reasons they had for the spotty scheduling in the past needs to change. They’ve got to understand that binge watching is the new norm. People won’t go away for weeks and then deal with periodic returns. Case in point, CBS just had a great night. And next week its all reruns. So the momentum they got last night will be completely wasted.

7. Mr. Tran K says:

CBS’ Monday night line-up is off to a great start to kick off 2016. Poor NBC, their comedies needs to step up more than they are right now.

• Shaun says:

I enjoy Superstore quite a bit.

• Patrick says:

I don’t. America’s character is a joyless, unlikable, Grinch. The big awkward female is a different kind of unlikeable. The other characters have some potential, but….I am giving it one more ep and I’m out.
        Telenovela would’ve been better with Zach Levi’s character as a series regular. He’s one of the best parts about the show.

• Bwhit says:

Me too! This is the first NBC comedy I have liked in quite awhile.

• Mr. Tran K says:

BTW, does anyone want to wait until The Carmichael Show returns for its new season?

8. DarkDefender says:

I’m guessing that ABC is going to regret their long winter hiatus schedule. After several weeks of no new programming, I suspect CBS is basically capitalizing on the lack of competition. Good for them. But I also think the wave won’t last long as other shows return on all the networks and the shows from last night will level off.

9. Mags says:

Awww! But he needs to marry Ziva. Nothing else will be right.