NEW GIRL:  Jess (Zooey Deschanel, R) pretends to be Sam's (guest star David Walton, L) blind date in the "Katie" season premiere episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, Sept. 25 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.  ©2012 Fox Broadcasting Co.  Cr:  Greg Gayne/FOX

New Girl: Which of Jess' Guys Is Back? Plus — Watch a Premiere Sneak Peek

If you’ve been wondering about a boy New Girl‘s Jess once dated, wonder no more.

David Walton will bring Dr. Sam back to the Fox comedy for a multiple-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The About a Boy star debuted in Season 2, when Jess mistook his character for the blind date she was supposed to meet. Sam and Jess dated for a while before breaking up after Nick and Jess kissed.

Walton’s episodes will air in March.

In addition, Lucy Punch (Ben and Kate) is joining the Fox comedy in the recurring role of an administrator at a school where Jess wants to teach.

New Girl returns for a fifth season Tuesday, in its new 8/7c time slot. Press PLAY on the exclusive video below to hear star Jake Johnson give a unique tease what you’ll see during the episode.

1. Gul says:

Really? I dint care for Sam.. I’d prefer if they brought back Ryan.. He was kinda awesome. I almost preferred him over Nick for Jess. Almost.

2. peace2speak says:

YES!! That relationship ended way too soon. I also loved DW in Bent and About a Boy, so I’m glad he’s back on TV.

3. Jules says:

Like the actor. The character was a total dud, though. Not as awfully boring as the British guy, but ultra forgettable. Lucy Punch though, she’s great.

4. Joey Padron says:

Good preview of season premiere from Jake. So excited to watch new season tomorrow!

5. Tom says:

Yay for Lucy Punch boo for David Walton

6. Elena says:

Jess broke up with Sam after sucking face with Nick, I highly doubt they will be getting back together- and I did enjoy his character, just not as much as Nick.

7. spu says:

Yessss I always liked Sam with Jess.

8. TK says:

Well, I loved his character but I don’t want him back to date Jess again, I hope he’s back for something different, I’ll love it! And for those who say they’d prefer Ryan to be back… Are you crazy? lol. Most boring character ever! I could barely watch the episodes he was in, and he consumed Jess’ character too much and made her annoying.

9. Azerty says:

I am really excited for New Girl ‘s return. About this news, I don’t know what to think. Except Justin Long character and the middle age man Jess dated in season 1 (Russell?) all the love interest, specially including Ryan who seems to be a fan favorite, were boring as hell. They all seems to be perfect guys whitout any personnality. If the showrunners want us to care for the love interest they need to give them more dephts and let them stick for more than 3 episodes…