Exclusive
Chicago Fire Med PD Crossover Video

Chicago Fire's Severide Talks Tough, Locks Lips in Med/P.D. Crossover Video

“You stay out of the OR, and I won’t run into any burning buildings, OK?”

Severide and Dr. Rhodes strike that prickly deal in the upcoming Chicago Fire/Med/P.D. three-way crossover, and if you want to know what else the two-night event has in store, just take a look at this exclusive behind-the-scenes preview.

The stabbing of Chicago Fire‘s Herrmann is the central point of the teaser, as his firehouse colleagues swarm the hospital as they await word on his prognosis. (Hence Severide and Rhodes’ testy interaction.)

After all, “You watch out for your own, and he’s family,” Fire‘s Taylor Kinney explains in the video.

Also of interest: Severide and April’s blink-and-you-miss-it kiss. Might the crossover’s traumatic events reignite their long-ago fling?

The NBC crossover starts with Chicago Fire (Tuesday, 9/8c), continues with Chicago Med (Tuesday, 10 pm) and concludes with Chicago P.D. (Wednesday, 10 pm).

Press PLAY on the video below to get a glimpse of what awaits you in the Windy City.

1. Shaun says:

So Herman might be dying and he’s kissing a doc?WTH!!

2. Bwhit says:

I think I also caught a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it possible reappearance of the Dawson/Casey MIA engagement ring (I think). Can’t wait for this crossover :)

3. TeeshaWills says:

First off… VERY HAPPY for the Severide/Sexton kiss. Secondly, I still don’t get why Freddie stabbed Hermann in the first place. Is it because he got issues about his weight?

• evababy says:

I think Freddie just has major Anger Management issues. He seems to have a hair trigger temper and anything can set him off. He also just came off as pretty unstable.

• Gloverboy6 says:

He’s a gang member, they’re not usually known for the cool-headedness

4. evababy says:

Of the three Chicago shows, PD is the one that I do not watch so this crossover will accomplish getting me to watch at least one episode.

I have been hoping for an April/Severide romance. It would be interesting if they allowed it to flourish since the two are on separate shows. It can simmer in the background without becoming a ‘thing’ in the foreground.

Herman ain’t dying. Nope. Not gonna happen.

• Audra says:

Looks like it’s over between Kelly and April thank God!! He told her she was smart then her brother and she blew him off I think they are done!!

5. InternationalFan says:

It would be amazing if you guys didn’t post an area restricted video. I live in Europe, I watch the american shows in streaming, re watche them when my country airs them… cutting off the international fans from this kind of stuff hurts the fandom. I’m tired of be forced to wait for someone to post videos and pics somewhere else, I thought an active fandom was a good thing for the fandom…

Sorry for the rant but it’s a problem with all the networks.

6. Kerri says:

So Chicago Fire is doing another we “are going to pretend like this character might die but they aren’t and they will be fully recovered by the next episode” for cheap dramatics? They need to get a new bag.

April and Kelly kissed! I wasn’t excited for the crossover before but I am now. It would be nice to see Kelly settle down. He has a new gf every few episodes and it’s getting old. He always gets played for a chump too. He needs some character growth in the relationship department and I think Severide and April have great chemistry. So….YAY!

7. Getting way too cliched time to pull the plug

8. Mar says:

Please no, say it isn’t so. There is absolutely NO CHEMISTRY between Severide and April. NONE! It’s bad enough we have to see Casey with Dawson (ugh) but don’t do this to us. Doesn’t work.

• tripleotales says:

What are you on? Casey and Dawson belong together, and I’m glad that Severide will have someone else who’s known him for a long time. He needs that.

• Audra says:

April and Kelly have no chemistry they are terrible together just like him and Erin were and him and Renee!! Glad it’s over he told her she was smarter then her brother and she got mad at him!! Wow he needs more then that. April just slept with him cause he saved her and she was “curious of how he felt” glad it’s done!!

9. Bryana J says:

April and Severide? Yes please! I hope they actually develop this because it has a lot of potential. I hope there are lasting affects of what happens in crossover and not just something forgotten by the next episode.

10. mrsfoxxe says:

I hate these cross overs. makes too long show.

11. mike says:

Can we have Steven McQueen shirtless in all three?

12. Joey Padron says:

Good preview video of crossover episodes. Can’t wait to see it next week!

13. Mik says:

I don’t think they’ll do it, but I’m still going to say “They better not kill Hermann”. Excited to see so much April in the preview pics, I hope she has a good storyline and gets some development beyond kissing Kelly.

• TeeshaWills says:

I would like to see this as well. I think Yaya is a pretty good actress so I would like to see more development for her character. As for Sexteride, if they played it right, the writers could make it happen their burgeoning (sp?) relationship work in spite that they are on two different shows.

14. Cree West says:

OMGGGG IM SO READY FOR THIS CROSSOVER I HAVE WATCHED EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF EACH SHOW MORE THAN TWICE SO READY FOR THIS!!!!