Gravity Falls Cancelled

Gravity Falls Schedules Series Finale, Preceded by 68-Hour Marathon

Gravity Falls will wrap its two-season run in grand fashion, with a one-hour series finale preceded by a mega-marathon.

The Disney XD ‘toon will air its series ender on Monday, Feb. 15 at 7/6c. In that episode, titled “Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls,” Ford discovers Bill’s true motives and then a final confrontation with Bill leads to the Pines family’s ultimate fate and greatest sacrifice.

Leading up to the series’ conclusion, a half-hour special introducing fun facts about the series — featuring commentary from creator Alex Hirsch and hosted by Gravity Falls character Time Baby — will air Monday, Feb. 8 at 8 pm. Also, a 68-hour marathon is set to start unspooling Friday, Feb. 12 at 11 pm.

For those anticipating massive separation anxiety, the interactive game Gravity Falls: Take Back The Falls — in which players help Dipper and Mabel save the world — will launch on WATCH Disney XD in mid-February, while Disney Publishing will release Gravity Falls: Journal 3, a book that appears within the TV series, in July 2016.

Are you and/or your rugrats ready to see the Mystery Shack shuttered?

1. Patrick says:

Is there any hint that they will revisit these characters somehow? There are way too many unresolved plotlines to be wrapped up in such a short time. I think this is going to be like Ben 10 from Cartoon network back in the day. This Gravity Falls ending will tie up the main open plots, but the characters will be back. Please. This show is too good to end so soon. There has to be some problem behind the scenes, because this is a relative monster for a brand that hasn’t launched a hit for a few years. And animated shows can go on far longer than live action, because the actors never age out of the roles.

• Durell Reed says:

I agree wholeheartedly this is an awesome series and U enjoy all the plots and mysteries. I hope this show continues just love it!!!

2. David4 says:

I see why they are ending the show because it’s meant to be one crazy summer, and it was, but I think there will be spinoffs. When they announced the ending it seemed to hint at other places within the universe the show might go.

Or I at least hope so because the show is so amazing. The animation is amazing, the voice acting and writing, I love it all.

3. Ron Wolfe says:

Are you kidding; every other day is a marathon and the other days is a half marathon. I used to like this show but Disney needs to bury it.

4. Soos says:

There is a difference between cancelled and ending you dinks. The creator of the show wants to end it so he is doing so. Think before you type you morons.

• Jay😂😋 says:

Wow really everyone at my sorority are saying that everyone hated the show and the created decided to cancel the show because he didn’t make as much profit they wanted to

• Patrick says:

I suspect this is true. The creator did a lot of work on this, and Disney is notorious for lowballing the people involved with projects like this. Maybe the creator behind this has more ideas or something, because I just don’t understand why you would walk away from a good show.

• David4 says:

The show is about children growing up during one crazy summer. After the last episode I would question how they could continue it after this season is over.

• Patrick says:

Phineus and Ferb went on for years, and it was just one summer. Animated shows aren’t constrained by the normal rules of time. That said, my hope is that they Return to Gravity Falls sometime in May.

• endevagames says:

The creator said that it was his decision not Disney’s. This series is milking it in for Disney. I’m in africa and this is even a hit over here.

5. Jay😂😋 says:

Omg I love Gravity Falls why does it have to end😍!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Big Papa says:

Are you kidding me? Gravity Falls wasn’t cancelled, it was never intended to go longer than two seasons. Jeez. Do some investigation before typing

7. Naimi says:

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

8. Wisnoskij says:

68-hours of what? Are they going to air every episode five times?

9. Steph says:

It’s very upsetting such a great show is ending.😩

10. Brigid says:

We are so sad that this show is ending. My daughter watches it every day on the DVR or the IPad. It’s the one show we enjoy and watch together. I totally understand the creator wanting to end his series as he always thought but we sure will miss this wonderful gem of a show. Take back the Falls!!!!

11. thesecretspy says:

Gravity falls wasn’t canceled, the creator wanted to limit it to two seasons because he wanted the story to have a definite beginning, middle, and end, rather than dragging it out. He was actually prevented from being able to say it was ending earlier in the hopes of him changing his mind. He ultimately didn’t, so it’s ending for good. There were signs of this earlier (him saying that he’d ideally like to keep Gravity Falls to either two seasons or two seasons and a movie, but not more than that, and this was stated before the second season came out, so it’s wasn’t due to cancelling) so this is no surprise.

I like Gravity Falls too, but the creator has chosen to finish the story and move on. Saying that it was cancelled, implying that Gravity Falls would’ve had a third season if it wasn’t for Disney, is just wrong. He wanted the story to end at a set point, which it is, and now wants to move on to a new TV show, which he is. Trying to say that it was cancelled, is both inaccurate and not respecting his wishes. Every good show must come to an end, even Gravity Falls.

12. katie mcdonald says:

W
    e watch as a family it has made us closer we discuss this show and what we think may happen next. we hate your canceling it. I hope you do another show along this line. So very sad..

13. Patrick B says:

I’ve been waiting a long time for this

14. Lala says:

I don’t think it was cancelled. If it was going to get cancelled, then they would dropped the the series earlier. Maybe stop at 2 and a half seasons. The creators decided to end early because, well, of a lot of reasons. Maybe they didn’t have many ideas/ran out of ideas or didn’t feel like making it tor 3 or more seasons.

15. Trinity says:

You can’t Cancel gravity Falls it’s the best show ever

16. juan velasquez says:

Make another video its the best like if u share this for a new season people will give a like for a new season like of them grown up or the next summer an if u like send me friend request really enjoyed our episodes

17. Sugarlily says:

Hi please let gravity falls come back to Disney channel with new episodes even if there not a gravity falls after they went back to California or either for them to come back this summer 2016 cause we really miss the show and my brother cries about it not coming back on 😕Thanks 😊