Pretty Little Liars Ending

Pretty Little Liars Boss Clears the Air About Ending Series After Season 7

The Pretty Little Liars may have finally unmasked “A,” but according to executive producer Marlene King, that doesn’t mean their journey is necessarily coming to a close anytime soon.

Following an interview with our sister publication Variety, in which King repeated previous sentiments about the current story concluding in Season 7, she released a series of tweets to comfort panicked fans:

The morning after the big Charlotte/CeCe/”A” reveal this past August, King told TVLine, “We have enough story to take us to the end of Season 7, and we’re going to let the fans tell us if they’re ready to say goodbye to this world and these characters.”

Season 6B premieres Jan. 12 at 8/7c, coinciding with ABC Family’s transition to Freeform.

PLL fans, when do you feel the series should reach its well-deserved conclusion? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the show’s future below.

1. johnhelvete says:

Season 7 is when cast members start to think about leaving a show, other shows have gone on minus two of the main cast members, guess PLL could do the same.

2. Brandy says:

Basically they’ll try and stretch it out until the ratings and quality are not there anymore and they have to end it?

• Stacie says:

The quality of the shows has gone down for awhile now. About the time that Ali was revealed to be alive and well. The finales are good and premieres are usually good, but the middle episodes are really rough for the most part. The show needs to end. I have watched it every season since Season 2, so as a fan of what was, I wish the show ends soon.

• abz says:

LOL what quality? This show has never been quality television. Its been entertaining at times but the A reveal was so annoying and ridiculous. If it weren’t for the fact that I made it six seasons in, I’d probably have quit it. That dumb A reveal is really making me want to stop.

3. Ray says:

Really? This show should have put out of its misery years ago.

4. shkamidit says:

I will follow this crazy train until it ends. It’s ridiculous, but I can’t wait for the new season.

• Katie says:

I’m with you, shkamidit. Even though I personally was very disappointed with the A reveal, I’m really excited for the premier next month. I can’t see myself abandoning this show until its end.

5. Shania says:

Lol at her backtracking

6. 5654funny says:

I’m not ready to say a goodbye to pretty little liars there are concerns I need to bring up Since we don’t know anything about sarah harvey and what her story plots are it’s noted that she has sister and we don’t know them Fleclia harvey Audrey Harvey

7. spindae2 says:

I want to see the girls in other projects so I really hope it ends with s7, but wouldn’t be really pi**ed if they continue.

• 5654funny says:

Spindae
      If you don’t like watching pretty little liars then don’t watch it there are concerns I need to bring up we don’t know anything about sarah harvey and what her story plots are sarah harvey has sisters and we don’t know them Fleclia harvey Audrey Harvey I don’t want to see these girls in other projects it won’t end let hope it will get season 8 I think you might be interested in watching other shows on tv

8. brandydanforth81 says:

7 years is a good run so if ends there with proper concludion,I’ll be ok but I’ll be ok if it continues too.

9. Lois says:

They know very well that Troian especially doesn’t wanna stay any longer than that. She doesn’t want to be playing Spencer into her mid-30’s. Nor should she, she’s way too talented to be stuck in this show for much longer.

10. Belle says:

I wish PLL would continue on after 7 seasons…but alas I am sure all the actors would like a chance to move on and do some other things. Maybe Emily could wind up swimming for University of Arizona and somehow end up in the trenches with The Lying Game crew…never say never :)

11. Azerty says:

I think it is Lucy Hale who said that the show would be over after season 7, without any backup from production and other costars. As much as I like to say that Marlene King is the biggest liar of all, I believe since then she kept saying they would drag things out as long as they could (and that’s the only statement I will trust from her).

12. Trevorsoi says:

Okay this is just getting silly now (and that’s saying A-LOT cause this was always a silly show). I enjoyed this sudser for what it was at first a campy who-done it about a bunch of too pretty girls in a town that was like a glossy Fargo, but as season after season went on and things got more outlandish, chars were introduced just to vanish an episode or two later and their were more red herrings and take backs to give someone whiplash from all the rubbernecking. Im ready to say enough.

A, Big A, red coat, black coat, uber- A, A to the second power.

Enough enough

13. cobra says:

This is ridiculous. The show should have ended ages ago. I have no clue why I’m still watching.

14. pancakz81001 says:

we need to keep goin at least till season 9 please keep it goin …..not ready to say goodbye

• Skyler says:

I would agree, but it is highly unlikely that any of the actors/actresses will want to stay for another three seasons. I wouldn’t mind more seasons, but, as said above, the show’s quality is wilting. It has been a long time of “Oh, God, just tell us who A is already!?”. I personally was also very unhappy with the reveal. But, if they made more seasons, I wouldn’t be mad.

15. Jay says:

Why does she talk like she’s 16?

16. therealjonpalmer says:

Too many haters here. I like the show. Really interested in where this is going with the leap ahead 5 years. Bottom line–hot girls + intrigue = me watching as long as they make them.

17. Pll is the best show on television I will watch as long as it’s on keep making this show at least for a few more seasons not ready to say goodbye. Love all of the characters this show is up to par with One Tree Hill so saying this says the show is pretty great.

18. Jessica Hall says:

Honestly, they probably will try and stretch the seasons out , but I don’t care, I was obsessed with PPL the day I saw the trailer in 2010. I knew that this story line will be like no other. I’ve never stuck with a show this long and still be impressed with what the creators and writers present. Yes, there are some middle episodes that may leave you High and Dry, but I still feel it’s worth the watch. I’m excited for 1/12/16, I will began my binge watching from SEASON 1,, right abouttttttttttt…now!! Netflix and chill(by myself)…lol

19. Jessica Hall says:

Btw, I love the fact that they are FINALLY , out of high school. Meaning there won’t be limits to their characters, like when they had to reflect the behaviors of teenagers. So interested on seeing where this goes.

20. Courtney says:

Never

21. Rhiannon says:

Pretty Little Liars should not end until one of the liars has a kid, I think all fans including me would love to see a baby liar.

• Sania says:

Haha, true. 😍😂

• Mimi says:

Hey Marlene.I started watchin pll ny recommendation of a friend#BEST SHOW EVER.I think millions of fans would be distraught to see pll end.It really feels like we are part of their world.7Seasons is not enough we need more.Great show💗💙💛💚❤💖💝💜

22. Rhiannon says:

Hey Ray, this show is the second most watched cable TV Show. I think it should end when the actresses want to end it.

23. BlaireBear says:

I don’t PLL to end I’m always looking for surprises like I would love it if Ian Thomas / Ryan Merriman could come back to the show I always thought since day one he would be a perfect pick for big bad because the show we never got the chance to know who Ian Thomas / Ryan Merriman character really is

24. Christine says:

This show is so addicting I love it! And there is still so much that can do with these characters. And from reading some comments it also helps some people if they went through some crisis. And the characters are awesome

25. Lisa Cook says:

I LOVE this show and I hope it NEVER ends!!

26. I quit watching it way back long time ago

• 5654funny says:

If you don’t like watching PLL don’t watch it at all

If pretty little liars ends after 7th season I will get upset let’s hope pretty little liars gets renewed for a 8th season 9th season

My feelings can get hurt really easy I have down syndrome I’m disabled

27. E Brewer says:

I really enjoy this show and therefore, I wish it would continue! From a true loyal pll fan

28. Niya Gibbs says:

The whole series shouldn’t end no one is ready for it

29. pllfan says:

I love how people keep commenting that they think it’s boring but they keep watching it. Obviously something is grasping your attention. That’s what I love about this show.. always something new.. New secrets.. New suspects..etc. I watched the first 5 seasons in about two weeks. Love this show.

• JZ says:

I really like the show as well. There were a few lulls but for the most part it always had your attention. I hope the show continues. I love the drama.

30. Danny says:

I don’t want pll to end. I have watched pll from the beginning nd I don’t want it to end with season 7. I want it to continue. so keep pll going.

31. Name says:

I hope this show ending whit a movie

32. Sania says:

I don’t damn care whenever Pll ends I just want that Spoby,Haleb,Ezria,Emison be the end.

33. heather jennings says:

I don’t think pll should end any time soon it’s an amazing show and there still so many un answered questions I love pll and look forward to it every tuesday

34. Talia pace says:

It should have like 12 seasons!! Don’t end it yet I’m wayyyy to addicted so is my friend she says to not watch pll unless ur ready to give up ur life and I totally agree pll has got my life and I love it! It can’t end yet!!

35. lindemeuzelaar says:

Pleaseeee make the show as long as possible because PLL is like my life don’t stop it please

36. C says:

I love Pretty Little Liars so much that I don’t ever want it to end. Thanks.

37. angel says:

love it should not end pls = c

38. Katie Hampton says:

I personally don’t want The Pretty Little Liars series to end! Not anytime soon, I’d like to see the show carry on. I love the shows storyline there’s always new mystery’s & its always exciting. it gives us fans of #PLL something to look forward too, especially now with the #FiveYearsForward we don’t know what to exspect there’s also new storylines that we all try to put together the pieces & figure out who is the new enemy. Its always interesting even when you rewatch seasons you’ve seen a million times.. I’d love to see the story continue for as long as possible.. & I.Marlene King is an amazing story writer she gives the best into the story always twists & turns. The best part is its based on true friendships. I think as long as she Marlene has the imagination to keep the story alive I’m willing to watch it I love it.. #PrettyLittleLiarsForever!

39. K Graustein says:

No don’t end yet keep us guessing take us to season 8 or even 9 please carry it on too many people watch and it can’t end yet!

40. Aaliyah says:

I absolutely love PLL! Please don’t end it. For those who don’t watch it, why are you even on this page reviewing it. Go review the shows that you do watch and don’t mess it up for us. I’ve watched every single episode to date. I personally love it. But to each is own.

41. Lynn jones says:

Please keep them coming!! I absolutely Just love this show!!! Love the people in it and it makes you want to see what happens next!!!! PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING!!!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!

42. Twisz says:

I LOVE pretty little liars and I am hoping that it goes to season 10 and more.. Yes I agree at times its a bit like, come on pick up the pace but I love all the charters. They all have there times where you don’t like what they do but they all keep us wanting more.. P.s my fav s are Spencer and em..

43. Twisz says:

I jus want to personally thank all the people who have posted here to hopefully stop them ending pretty little liars, I love this show sooo much and I have watched to many of the good shows end because of people WHO don’t even watch it or who don’t like it ruin it for the people who do. I have watched every episode of this amd have loved every second.

44. Ayeisha Hibbert says:

I don’t want PLL to end!! Wouldn’t be the same.. Bad enough you leave us on a cliff hanger, but for PLL to finish after Season 7 I wouldn’t know what to do 😳

45. Joey says:

I think you would be crazy to end this the ratings are great and people watch it and follow it keep this going I’m sure you can make something else up and bring back Ravenswood I would be so upset it is was over thanks marlene king

46. Elle says:

Hi! I’m Elle and I am a major Pretty Little Liars fan! I have really enjoyed this show and I really do hope that it continues! I can’t bear the thought of it ending just like that. A cliffhanger! Please may it continue and I hope this comment makes a difference!

47. Ezra Fitz says:

Pretty little liars is one of my favorite shows in the world, and I just can’t imagine going on without it. So please, please, please, don’t end it after season 7. At least give us a season 8. And then maybe the #PLL NATION can go on with our lives.

48. I love pretty little liars. It’s deep and the twists are always mind blowing. I think ending it at season 7 would be good only because the girls have gotten older and the twits and turns they are now going through seem to be unrealistic in some ways but it’s been fun watching each of the girls go through different journeys and seeing how they stick together. I love pretty little liars and it’s going to be sad when it finally dose come to an end.

49. Emanuel says:

For some reason I have been loyal to this show since the beginning not because it’s particularly groundbreaking but because it was fun, exciting, the answer to Twin Peaks…and just like everyone else, I needed to know who A was! I was very disappointed when the reveal finally happened after six seasons of loyalty (the whole Kaitlyn Jenner inspired A was utter fodder) and thought Season 6B has been totally abysmal (even though I watched to the bitter end). The truth is these girls would all be in an insane asylum by now or at the very least have have some sort of addiction problem! Let Season 7 be the last please so that this show can die with the little bit of dignity it deserves. – E