Is a Supergirl Switcheroo Ahead? Will Big Bang Sex Be Annual? Is Jane Not a Good Writer? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Grimm, Quantico, The Voice and The Big Bang Theory!

1 | Were you surprised to see that Transparent‘s Josh and Raquel had gotten back together? And how much time are we to believe has passed since Season 1?

2 | Hasn’t Grimm featured far grosser Wesen than the kind of beast Xavier is? So why does the gang seem so horrified by his looks?

The Good Wife3 | How will The Good Wife‘s Alicia spin out from Eli’s deleted voicemail confession? (Our money is on an unhealthy uptick in tequila consumption followed by some light drunk-dialing to her tragically out-of-state investigator Jason.)

4 | Was Quantico‘s New Year’s Eve countdown the slowest 10 seconds in history? What are the chances that a New York City high-rise hotel would have windows that open wide enough for someone to fall or jump out of? And should we believe Elias when he said he wasn’t the mastermind behind the bombing?

5 | Did Phil No. 2’s tragic fate on Last Man on Earth really come as much of a surprise given that Boris Kodjoe was the only core group member billed as a guest star?

6 | Before Madam Secretary‘s Elizabeth & Co. sold out Dmitri, did you fear the prostitute whose phone he kept borrowing would somehow be involved in the spy’s downfall?

7 | Can Whitney’s absence from the most recent episodes of The Affair be construed as classic diversion for the potential reveal that she’s Scotty’s killer?Supergirl-alura-astra

8 | With lines like, “Alura is not her mother,” is Supergirl‘s Astra planting seeds for the reveal of a maternity cover-up? Or would that only further dilute Kara’s “connection” to cousin Clark? Also, why didn’t Kara use her abilities to “speed read” her boss’ emails? And is Cat Grant’s ice bucket full of M&Ms the best office accessory ever?

9 | Upon hearing the premise for Scorpion‘s fall finale — the team had to save a dam from bursting! — were you almost dreading the levels of CGI, but ultimately impressed with the actual product?

10 | Are we supposed to think Jane the Virgin‘s titular heroine is a good writer? Because that romantic short story…

Adele Live in New York Concert NBC11 | Given the ratings success of Adele: Live in New York City, how is NBC not working on a second special featuring the more than half-dozen songs cut from the hour-long telecast?

12 | On Fargo, was all of Sheriff Larson’s talk about creating a universal language the show’s way of telling us that he eventually invented emojis?

13 | The way Carson Daly trumpeted The Voice‘s 20qs-voice-stefani-legscelebrity guests before every single commercial break, did it make the actual announcement of the winner seem like something of an afterthought? Also, if lip syncing was allowed (see, Missy Elliott, Justin Bieber’s second song), how come we had to endure Sam Hunt’s woeful live vocals? Lastly, was Gwen Stefani singing something? (Sorry, we were too distracted by her miles-long legs.)

14 | NCIS fans, did you find yourself unexpectedly moved by the brief final scene between Ducky and his secret/dead/not-so-dead brother?

15 | Did Limitless surprise you with how entertaining it was to learn about under-appreciated bodyguards “Mike” and “Ike”? And does anyone else think that Boyle will one day slip his addled mom the NZT he found, if only to have one last lucid conversation?

16 | After watching Matt Bomer get down to “Hotline Bling” on American Horror Story: Hotel, will you ever be able to hear that song the same way again?

Childhood's End17 | Childhood’s End viewers, did you recognize Game of Thrones‘ Charles Dance (aka Tywin Lannister) underneath all that Karellen makeup?

18 | Did the Fuller House teaser leave you more or less concerned about the upcoming revival? (Admit it: Seeing those sets again left you a bit misty-eyed!)

19 | Mom‘s heartbreaking final shot of Regina, alone in her house and pouring a big glass of wine: Is she relapsing, or merely sad about losing a major connection to her AA friends? Or is that all yet to be determined?

20 | Are we to glean from Thursday’s Big Bang — and Ausiello’s subsequent Q&A with showrunner Steve Molaro — that Sheldon and Amy’s lovemaking will become an annual event? The Big Bang TheoryAnd with all due respect to the show, in what universe would a California movie theater have empty seats at a Star Wars screening, 15 minutes before showtime?

21 | Was Nathan’s voiceover at the end of Haven’s series finale one of the most moving TV monologues you’d heard in some time? And did any Once Upon a Time fans get deja vu when the blonde heroine elected to sacrifice herself to the ominous cyclone of Troubles/darkness, to save her Maine town?

22 | Does Elementary‘s current season desperately need an injection of energy?

23 | Can we please bring a halt to the Grinch-like holiday-commercial trend that has brands playing non-seasonal tunes in their spots (see: Bud Lite Lime’s “All Night Long” and Best Buy’s “Rocky” theme)?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. “Or would that dilute Kara’s connection to cousin Clark?” why would it when they’re connected through their fathers not their mothers?

• Maybe you got confused because of how well the show turned Allura into a rip off of Jor-El :P

• esteban says:

TVline can we get one post about Supergirl , even a round up, and not have Sir Trolls-a-Lot doing what he does best? But lets all remember, he doesn’t watch the show *RME*

• What does watching the show have to do with Allura not being the reason Kara is related to Clark? And the show did turn her into a rip off of Jor-El as in this show she’s the one that sent the rip off of Zod to the PZ. Nothing in that statement is false.

• Phun says:

I second that! :) BTW, Supergirl is a great show! Can’t wait for Jan 4 when it starts up again. :)

• Drew says:

People on this site really have to learn what a troll is. Posting something relevant to the topic at hand is not trolling, despite the fact that some people don’t like what you’re saying.

• Dude says:

No but insulting the show just to get a reaction from people is. Maybe you haven’t been on here much but he posts these rants on literally every Supergirl post.

• tvjunkie says:

I wouldn’t call him a troll, but I would call him seriously mentally disturbed. I mean what other explanation is there for someone who so compulsively comments on a show he either doesn’t watch or watches despite hating it. Any normal person who doesn’t like a show wouldn’t be stalking any and all news posts about said show. It’s obvious he has serious mental issues.

• Phun says:

Exactly! This person must have too much time on his hands or nothing better to do. It’s been happening on all the Supergirl posts. I just don’t get it. Oh well.

2. JC1 says:

Also, why didn’t Kara use her abilities to “speed read” her boss’ emails?
    That jumped out at me too. It’s been weird how the show has been so oddly reluctant to show Kara using her super speed. It’s been implied a few times (such as her quick change to rescue James) but never shown.

• Phun says:

Because if Kara did everything, then it wouldn’t give James and Winn a chance to do everything. Besides, she might have been busy with DEO stuff including dealing with Astra. They’re a team! Need to divide up the work. :)

• Karen MT says:

Ditto. It doesn’t help that I’m a fan of Lois & Clark, and Clark was always speed-reading through research.

• JC1 says:

Same here! (Loved that show.) Like reading a phone book in two seconds. I mean, it’s not a make or break issue for me, but the fact that they never show her using super speed for anything feels increasingly weird.

• Phun says:

Give it time. It’s inferred. I’m surely they’ll show it directly at one point. They showed Kara change directly into Supergirl when James was falling down the elevator shaft or when Supergirl changed to Kara behind the bushes right before picking up Carter from school.

3. Nicole says:

20. I hope for Amy’s sake its more than once a year! No one is expecting Sheldon to become a sex maniac but if they are going to eventually get married, a physical relationship is an important part if that! Well at least he should add in their anniversary! ;-)

• Dave James says:

It’s just a show people. There is no Sheldon nor an Amy. They’re played by actors (And dang good ones), but actors none the less. Everything they do is scripted with the hopes you get drawn into the show not as viewers, but as friends coming along for the ride. And in this show, it works quite well.

4. LADY_in_MD says:

Yea I’m not really sure about Jane being a writer but I do hope she finds her groove even maybe with professor hotness! Sorry I have a thing for MrRodriguez!

5. Elf says:

“in what universe would a California movie theater have empty seats at a Star Wars screening, 15 minutes before showtime?”

That’s easy. Several theaters near me in SoCal now have reserved seating, so there’s no need to arrive early and wait on line to get good seats. You just show up any time before the show starts. If you don’t care about previews you can safely go to your seat ten or fifteen minutes after the listed starting time. And if those seats are still empty, chances are the ticketholders for those seats are still looking for parking…

• Mark says:

Exactly the point I was going to make. I went to see the movie last night after watching Big Bang. I had to hunt for parking, and I walked in 5 minutes before show time. And there were plenty of people who came in after me.

6. Nicole says:

#20. I work at a movie theater in SoCal and had to work the closing shift last night for the Star Wars premier. We had PLENTY of available seats. And I live in a military town!

7. laura says:

Will SHIELD ever give Fitz and Simmons field training, or will they just continue going into the field with almost nothing to protect themselves? And would there be anything more satisfying then seeing the science twins beating up HYDRA redshirts with the proper field training? Because Fitz held his own pretty well in that fight with IT, but it might’ve been to his advantage that it’s host was a dead astronaut who had been trapped basically in a cave for 14 years. And am I supposed to expect that Will still looked super hot after 14 years alone ? How did his hair stay short or his beard stay nicely trimmed? Did he have magic scissors that didn’t rust after all this time and a passion for hairdressing?

8. eviloverlore says:

“Was Nathan’s voiceover at the end of Haven’s series finale one of the most moving TV monologues you’d heard in some time?” Yes. Yes, it was.

• byron says:

So true. And I was actually crying as he said goodbye to Duke as well. Excellent end to a great series.

• Ann says:

I’m so glad to find fans here! That show was excellent and underrated. The last season and the finale was a bit confusing, but it was still very satisfying. I’m sad to see it end.

• Alichat says:

Yes….that scene was so heartbreaking because of everything he said to Duke. And I need to go back and listen to the monologue again because my viewing of it was hampered by my annoyance that they weren’t going to end up together. After everything, all those deaths….Duke, Charlotte, James, Dave, Jennifer, Nathan’s father, all the troubled townspeople….all the sacrifices, it was annoying the crap out of me that they weren’t ending up together. That’s why I was soooo glad when Nathan pulled up to help that stranded motorist. I knew who it was before he looked in the car.

9. Rick Katze says:

The question you did not raise. The plot twist on “Elementary” and exactly why is Sherlock’s dad actually visiting.

10. Daphne says:

20. They need to revisit/amend the relationship agreement to include coitus somewhere in there. If it’s in the agreement, Sheldon will comply! ;)

11. 4 | Was Quantico‘s New Year’s Eve countdown the slowest 10 seconds in history?

Yeah, like really slow for a scene not in slow-mo.

12. Stanislava says:

11.YES!!!PLEEAAASE!!!!

13. 5. While his ultimate fate wasn’t exactly surprising, I think what happened to Phil was the most tragic and dramatic that the show has gotten!
    8. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed the ice bucket, and I’m wondering why Zor-El has been missing so much in flashbacks and Kara’s mentions of her past.
    15. That would be a brilliant and moving scene but I’m thinking they will have him use it in the very near future and that probably doesn’t leave them enough time to set that up.
    22. I agree this season doesn’t have the same energy as season 3 (which was the best season so far), but I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if Morland’s slow burn pays off!

14. Drew says:

8. I like the bucket of M&Ms, but I was mystified by the fact that she took three scoopfuls and somehow only wound up with a quarter of a glassful.
    I was wondering the same thing about the emails. I figured that the writers wanted to stretch out the plot, so they avoided the obvious simple route.

• Phun says:

They were jelly beans. Youtube Calista’s interview on Jimmy Kimmel. :) You’re prob right about the emails. Gotta give the other people on the ‘team’ something to do. Besides Kara was probably so preoccupied with her Aunt that she just didn’t want to be bothered with going thru all the emails.

15. Kim R says:

14. NCIS – not unexpectedly, just moved. It was very touching, sad and sweet at the same time.

16. meatwad says:

6. Madame Secretary – I also just knew the prostitute was gonna rat him out. But man it’s a lot better that they gave him up

17. GeekWithFanGirlSkills says:

I had been waiting for a bit of light to be shined on Mike and Ike for awhile and was not at all surprised by how entertaining they were. Actually, I’d be surprised to NOT be entertained by anything this show does. As for that pill and Boyle, I will be disappointed if we don’t get some kind of confirmation that he used the NZT to have a lucid and heartfelt conversation with his mom, even if we aren’t actually shown it happening.

18. cej says:

15. Wait, Limitless was NEW this week? Darn! I figured almost everything was on winter hiatus! Must find it!
    22. Yes! I decided to give Elementary another try after having dropped it from my DVR a couple of seasons ago. I was so thrilled that John Noble had joined the cast. Sadly, even he could not keep me interested past week 2.

19. Sheila says:

23: Oh, please! I have to mute the TV during commercials as it is! If that stupid marshmallow world song gets played again, I’m gonna kick a puppy!

20. prish says:

2_Was that a worm Vesen? The husband figured that one out, so proud of him. I thought yucky, while the husband didn’t. He just analyzed it’s existence. So, the writer thought yucky.

8_It might increase the redemption chances of Astra (if she is actually Kara’s mother) and not dilute her connection to cousin SM/Clark. They would still be related, unless the cousin connection is through the father, meaning her real father would come into play, leading to a very messy, intellectual thread that many more simple viewers (the ones that like comic book simplicity) would miss. They would just wait until the talking and angst is over, chatting to the wives, back viewing when something started that makes sense. We can only hope, not what they have in mind.

8b_super speed reading…The writer didn’t think of it?

9_I’m always impressed that Scorpion turns out better than it looks, going in. So far, so good.

14_Ducky’s mother came to mind. Who else could give the brother the love he is looking for in his last stages? Their loving relationship is from the childhood years, where his mind is, today. Tragic separation mixed with a pure love present…very Ducky. Couldn’t the writers give the poor guy a break before the series ends?

15_Mike & Ike were fun, but the swat team’s destroying their lives was a bit much, not the lighter mood I look forward to.

21_Haven ended? Eeeek! OnDemand, here I come. I hope it is, still, free. How did I miss that?

22_Elementary needs to get back to fast pacing solving of puzzles, not evil, oozing arcs. Oozing = sludge We are, still, No. 1 fans, though.

23_”Holiday” is so tepid. The usual cheery, glitzy, razzle-dazzle fun round of commercials have turned into Boring and Snoring. IMHO

21. dan says:

I thought the bucket in Kat’s office was filled with jelly beans. Calista said that on Kimmel, I believe.

22. skrable2 says:

14. As a NCIS fan, I was leery about a second trip down Ducky’s memory lane. But that backstory was heartfelt, which made the final reunion all the more touching.

I do wonder, meanwhile, whether they’re setting up some sort of Bishop-McGee plotline. McGee’s overhearing of the Bishop-Jake breakup was at least the second time he’s been the one privy to what’s going on.

• Kim R says:

It is funny you mention the McGee/Bishop thing. There has been a couple of times this season that made me wonder if, down the road, this is going to be a thing. :)

23. Night says:

My God can Mr Sacal be banned from posting here. Every time there is a new story on Supergirl he is straight in complainting. He doesn’t bother with any other show just this one.

24. Marco says:

4) Yes, probably not, and yes if this show doesn’t want to be a cheat other than arguably homophobic.

25. kirads09 says:

#17 Only because I looked up who was playing him.
    #21 Yes it made me think of OUAT a little. Only my thought was Haven did it better tbh. It was a great finale. And who knew The Edge could act – been impressed with him throughout the series as Dwight.
    #23 – Exactly! The best most “holiday spirited” ad I have seen is the Apple one featuring Stevie Wonder. What happened to the ones that make you tear up (in a good way) like Peter coming home unexpected and making coffee.

26. kirads09 says:

#12 I distinctly got the impression Sheriff’s explanation for the symbols was to assure us (and his daughter) that he wasn’t slipping into Alzheimer’s or losing it in some way. I did think those symbols would have something to do with the ET aspect though. Maybe they will eventually?

27. mrsfoxxe says:

Supergirl & Good Wife can leave!!!!!!! Cancel

• Phun says:

Wow! Take a chill pill lady! I wonder if you also attend the Supergirl school of hate that another poster here is so famously a member of.

28. Carrie says:

#20- any theatre in a mall, next to a freeway.. #holidaytrafficsucks

29. Heather says:

the line was “Kara is not her mother”…I misheard it the first time, too, but Astra’s arguing that there is a chance that she can change Kara’s mind, unlike her mother.

30. Demetra says:

8. Astra say “KARA is not her mother” she doesn’t say ALURA.

31. prish says:

8_Supergirl needed Jimmy and Winn to figure out what might be an embarrassment for her boss. They knew more of the business’ history than Supergirl. Her reading quickly would not have helped much.