Legends of Tomorrow Matt Nable Ra's al Ghul

Arrow's Ra's al Ghul to Wreak Havoc on Legends of Tomorrow Spinoff

Ra’s al Ghul is the Big Bad that just won’t go away.

Arrow alum Matt Nable is set to reprise his role as the onetime League of Assassins leader on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, TVLine has confirmed.

Ra’s was killed at the end of Season 3, but given that the Arrow/Flash offshoot heavily features time travel, that piddly fact hardly seems like a death sentence.

As previously reported, current Arrow foe — and frenemy-of-Ra’s — Damien Darhk (played by Neal McDonough) will also visit the upcoming superhero series, which premieres Jan. 21 at 8/7c on The CW.

ComicBook.com was the first to report on Nable’s casting.

1. Dean says:

Yes! While season 3 was a little rocky Matt Nable’s performance as the demon’s head was amazing. I hope this gives some backstory to his past with Damien Darhk.

2. Mak says:

I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed his character in season 3.

3. JC1 says:

Meh. I’m sorry but in my opinion Matt Nable’s Ra’s was a complete disappointment. Can’t say I’m looking forward to this. Damien Darhk has been so much better, and Slade was also great (although his storyline not so much).
    It seems like whoever does the casting for Arrow usually does a fantastic job, but when they get it wrong, they really get it wrong.

4. Wordsmith says:

I’d be more interested to go back further in time and learn about the Ras al Ghuls that came before him, or go forward and meet the ones who come after. (How cool would it be to see a future timeline where Nyssa is Ras? Or Thea?)

5. Charif says:

hmmmm idk how i feel about this ..

6. Ian Barber says:

Wasn’t there a rumor floating around that LOT would show how Sara & Nyssa first met? I wonder if we are flashing back/going back in time to when that first happened?

7. LEP says:

Wondering when they are going to show Sara’s transformation into the White Canary. Seems likely it will be on Arrow prior to the debut of LOT. Perhaps that’s a question I should email pose to Matt…

8. Drew says:

They’re making it really hard to forget that season 3 ever happened. Their horrible take on Ra’s should never have been mentioned again (which includes bringing Malcolm back).
    Now I just hope they don’t have him engaging in girl talk about boys by the hot tub again.

• amb1973 says:

Prior to S3 and in S4 prior to the lie I liked O/F together, but that was ridiculous, and also strategically moronic of Ra’s. He would have just cut off her head for sassing him (plus her big speech went ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE), and Felicity getting busy with Oliver gave Oliver something to hold on to. Why would Ra’s give a guy he’s about to brainwash an awesome experience first? (And why did he care about getting Oliver to consent if he was just going to brainwash him anyway? God S3 was SO DUMB.)

9. Linda says:

Won’t it be confusing with John Barrowman as Ra’s in Arrow and Matt Nable in Legends?

10. steven says:

Isn’t Malcolm Merlyn Ra’s al Ghul now?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Legends of Tomorrow is (hugely) about time travel.

• DarkDefender says:

Which makes it the perfect vehicle to resurrect Nable’s Ra’s Al Ghul and pretty much anyone within the DC universe, dead or alive. It is brilliant from a limitless storytelling perspective. Let’s hope the writers do it justice.

• Good. Hoping an episode involves the team convincing Ralph Nader not to run for president in 2000, so that the wars and the sub-prime crash can be avoided.

11. I glad he back in the spin-off series. I want to see him more since he was come back from the dead.

• DarkDefender says:

He won’t actually come back from the dead, rather they will be telling stories involving Nable’s version of Ra’s while he was alive, pre-Merlyn and possibly pre-Oliver fighting him on the mountain.

12. Kristina says:

Could be interesting! I’m really looking forward to this show.

13. Daster says:

love it! he was a great villain on Arrow.

14. Shannon says:

I’m so disappointed to hear that Forever has been cancelled. There are so many unanswered questions and conclusions. I hope another network will pick up this wonderful show. It’s hard to find quality television series.