UnREAL Season 2 Spoilers Black Bachelor

UnREAL Season 2: What's Everlasting Doing That The Bachelor Never Has?

Ready to start handicapping who’s going to outbitch, outlast and outplay the competition in the upcoming season of UnREAL‘s reality-dating show Everlasting?

You’re in luck, because TVLine has learned exclusively that the Lifetime drama is casting several new regulars for Season 2 — and the series-within-a-series is going somewhere ABC’s The Bachelor fears to tread:

It’s casting an African-American bachelor.

Per the official character description, Darius Hill is in his mid-20s and plays quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. His looks are reminiscent of Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton, and he’s sweet, slightly sheltered, athletic (obviously) and a huge crowd-pleaser with both America and the ladies.

Who’ll vie for Darius’ fame money prestige heart?

* Tiffany: a white, smart, hot, rich, blonde, football-obsessed All-American daughter of an NFL team owner from Texas… who turns out to be sexually closed-off from men. For her look, think: ESPN reporter Samantha Ponder.

* Ruby: an African-American early twentysomething who has a strong athletic build and wears her hair natural. She’s very smart; when the producers ask her to play the season’s Angry Black Woman, she balks. Think: filmmaker/activist Bree Newsome crossed with Daily Show correspondent Jessica Williams.

* Chantal: Also African-American, a Southern debutante who’s a feminine foil for Ruby. In addition, Chantal is an OCD control freak.

* Bethann: Another blonde white girl, this time from Alabama, who’s rather trashy (she shows up to the Everlasting house in a Confederate flag bikini) and who doesn’t see herself as racist… but has never had her beliefs challenged.

* Yael: This “upscale hipster” political blogger will look a lot like series lead Shiri Appleby, earning her the nickname “Hot Rachel.” She’ll drive Rachel nuts simply by being the “hotter, more put-together version of her.” Think: a young Amal Clooney. (Disclaimer: We’re not 100 percent sure Yael is an Everlasting contestant; she may instead be a new behind-the-scenes staffer or something else entirely.)

Meanwhile, UnREAL also is casting Romeo, who’s more strategic and less polished than his quarterback cousin, Darius; and Coleman, a handsome and “whip smart” aspiring documentary filmmaker who’s fun and charming… but also ridiculously entitled. (Bet that’ll sit well with Rach, eh?)

UnREAL has not yet announced its Season 2 return date. But that doesn’t mean you can’t start speculating! Hit the comments with your thoughts on the new characters!

1. Grace says:

This sounds fantastic! Glad the show is going to continue to skewer The Bachelor so effectively. Isn’t The Bachelor/Bachelorette like 20 seasons in? How have they never had a person of color as the bachelor/bachelorette? Ridiculous. Can’t wait for UnREAL season two!

2. Guy says:

Wait does this mean no Adam? 😭

3. mooshki says:

Any way you could cast actual Jessica Williams? :)

4. Jess says:

EEEEEEEE!!! That is all. Though I’m concerned by the Angry Black Woman note…I feel like we saw that story line in season 1.

5. “He’s a Cam Newton-type who’s sweet, slightly sheltered”

cam newton sweet & sheltered?!?!?!?!

6. abz says:

I’ve never watched The Bachelor, and I doubt they’ve ever done it, but I kind of wish they’d have tackled a gay or bi Bachelor. I feel like UnREAL would have made it very entertaining to watch. Nevertheless, still looking forward to this.
    I hope Adam is back. I was really starting to enjoy having Constance Zimmer on Agents of SHIELD, but since that’s no longer an option I’m glad to still see her on this show.

7. smartysenior says:

Oh nooooo. I watched this show for silly fun and skewering of the real show, not political correctness or race card stuff. If this turns serious I’m sorry but I’m out. Do they think a show like this should be giving us some sort of social lessons or something?

8. K says:

It would’ve been cool if Quinn and Rachel ended up becoming producers of a reality singing competition… It would be fun to see them tackle that aspect of reality TV. But still, season 2 is going to be fantastic.

9. Kate says:

Hot Rachel has got to be either Leighton Mester or Rachel Bilson. I mean…

10. tallsy says:

I’m optimistic because of S1. The one thing that worries me a tad is the Romeo cousin character. It’s like the show is scared to have a Suitor who’s there solely for the “right reasons.”

11. Hodan says:

I think they should hire Elliot Knight. He is hot af!

• Sadie says:

As an OUAT fan, he was the first person I thought of too!

He wouldn’t be the first former cast member to appear here too, since Marian aka Christie Laing was already on season 1

12. Jeri says:

Can’t wait. Great show and am really looking forward to its return.

13. Jared says:

I’m all in. UnReal was such a pleasant surprise on Lifetime.

14. KevyB says:

I hope people start watching this show so Chris Harrison’s little lace panties can wind into an even tighter bunch!

15. Ariadna Oller Mitjanas says:

Is Italia Ricci available for the role of Yael?

16. tvwatcher35 says:

Shiri Appleby posted a pic of her with Emmanuelle Chriqui on Instagram a while back. The pic had a caption that read Sisters from another mother. I can totally see her playing the role of Yael.

17. No Adam!?!? Nooooo I liked him

18. tvwatcher35 says:

I am only watching UnREAL for Shiri Appleby/Rachel Goldberg. Everything else is secondary. Jeremy’s character is boring. He needs to die a slow painful death. He does nothing for me. He’s a waist of space. Go back to soaps where you belong. Adam at least had chemistry. He became a fan favorite. People shipped Rachel and Adam. They started a petition to bring him back. If you wanted a Black bachelor you should have spoofed Flavor of Love or some other black bachelor type show. Plenty of shows for every single race/sexual preference on various networks. I don’t complain about the lack of white programming on BET. It’s silly. Plus you touched on the lack of/stereotypes of black contestants in season 1.

19. Miriam says:

When will season 2 starts??

20. why does the girl from Alabama have to be trashy and racist?

21. Leo says:

So Bachelor meets Empire. Forget about writing just cut and paste current Hollywood trends. I love the suggestion of the central characters tackling a singing competition. Best material for a dating format has already been done.