Major Crimes Renewal

TNT Renews Major Crimes, Librarians

More Major Crimes will be solved, now that TNT has renewed The Closer‘s offshoot for Season 5.

Update: Major Crimes‘ fifth season order is for 13 episodes, not a scant 10 as listed in TNT’s press release.

Major Crimes is heading for a holiday hiatus after its Dec. 21 outing, then will resume Season 4 in February with a five-episode “bonus” arc (bringing this season’s tally to 23).

TNT has also picked up The Librarians for third 10-episode season. The fantastical drama airs its sophomore finale on Sunday, Dec. 27.

Last month, TNT gave a Season 3 order to Murder in the First.

Which of TNT’s latest pick-ups has you most happy?

1. English says:

Why short?

2. Mary says:

cmonnn I need an word about the Bethany Joy Lenz pilot Home and Titans!!! Ps, great about the librarians!!!

3. johnhelvete says:

Matt, Your sister site Deadline is reporting 15 episodes for Librarians.

4. jmlipson@bsu.edu says:

Should we read anything into the drastically reduced order for Major Crimes? The only other time they’ve had an order that short was in the first season, when they were airing directly after the final 6 Closers finished, which together effectively made a 16-episode season with those characters. I hope the short order is not a sign that the series is ending. The Closer ran for 7 years and I don’t see why Major Crimes couldn’t also run for at least that long.

• Don J says:

I wouldn’t really worry about it. Yes, it’s only 10 episodes, but I’m sure if the ratings are good, TNT will order more. Heck, TNT is producing 23 episodes for season 4, that’s the most of any season thus far.

• KLS says:

I hope you are right. I got kind of tired of Kyra Sedgwick’s over-the-top fake Southern accent/charm and turned it off after the first few seasons. I came back with the new crew and I am enjoying it, though Rusty is just so clueless, it’s getting annoying!

• Wasthat says:

I don’t know if this happens with cable shows, but on network when a show gets to the fifth season, the network – TNT in this case – picks up more of the cost of the show and therefore has more control. Based on past experience, Warner Bros. is not the easiest studio to negotiate with. If the ratings hold, Major Crimes episode order will probably be expanded again next season.

5. Wordsmith says:

Librarians is usually pretty dumb, yet undeniably endearing.

I’d probably watch Lindy Booth play the Manic Pixie Dream Girl in anything, but I’m happy to watch as much Cassandra Cillian as TNT wants to give me.

6. A says:

Other sources are saying 13 eps for Major Crimes. Can you clarify?

7. MajorCrimesTV says:

TNT has confirmed to MajorCrimesTV.net that the pickup was for 13 episodes for Season 5 of Major Crimes.

8. Angela says:

I love Major Crimes, Castle and Rizzoli.

9. mike says:

Major Crimes is good TV

• tvjunkie says:

do they still have Rusty? if so I can’t imagine your statement is true. His character made the show unbearable and I stopped Watchign in season 2.

• KLS says:

Yes. He is still there, unfortunately. He is clueless to other people around him.

• nblackburn01 says:

Your opinion and buhbye! Still made most watched scripted series for night and week (s) even without your viewership. Rusty haters are loud, but still remain in the minority. In fact, we see the same people circling various sites including Amazon reviews. Good thing James Duff doesn’t listen to you guys either.

10. Bella says:

Great news about Major Crimes.

11. erica says:

YES, Librarians! Major Crimes has been on fire this season, keep it coming TNT!

12. Boiler says:

Does TNT have any clue what they are doing?? Think not

13. HSM says:

Really love how much Major Crimes has flourished– the character development these last two years has been great. I wasn’t too invested in the Rusty storyline this season (which is a shame because the adoption story line was really one of my favorites) but I do love how he is the entire unit’s child.

14. Linda says:

Librarians are great. Also Major Crimes

15. Tina says:

I can’t begin to say how happy the Major Crimes renewal makes me.
    Since Major Crimes has always started with a smaller episode order then is increased later I’m pretty confident we will have more episodes!

16. TvPeong says:

Yay for Librarians. This week’s episode was great. Ezekiel Jones really nailed it.

17. Csr says:

More episodes would be BETTER.

18. Charmayne says:

Thank you! I love Major Crimes

19. 13 episodes as a start for Major Crimes is not bad! I’m sure they will add 5 epis as always :) the show is just too good! Thank You Matt for the news :)

20. Angel Burns says:

MAJOR CRIMES!!! LOVE MARY MCDONNELL AND THE GANG!!!

21. Bree says:

Yay Librarians!!! So glad it’s picked up for season 3 already. Now I can watch the remainder of the season in peace knowing there is more to come! I love all the librarians and their goofy quirks. My only request is that they explore that underlying chemistry Stone and Cassandra had in the first season.

22. Joey Padron says:

Happy The Librarians got renewed! Season 2 been great so far.

23. Sissy says:

Major Crimes is so much fun to watch! I’m happy to know it will return. I was a Closer fan as well, but I have to say the current squad in the Major Crime Unit is awesome! And, it was nice seeing hunky Fritz from time to time…just sayin’.

24. Tracy Gallinghouse says:

So glad for Major Crimes! It is a really excellent show and I look forward to it every week. I hope they increase the order for episodes.

25. Television says:

Yay, I LOVE LIbrarians!!!! It is one of the best shows out there. And Jenkins is awesome.

26. HAP says:

I think Major Crimes is superior to The Closer, which is curious because they share the same production team.

27. Ysrael says:

The Librarians need more episodes —@ least 15, not only 10!

28. Fran says:

Love Major Crimes!

29. Mjhavlicek says:

Thank you for bringing back murder in the first. Good about the librarians, major crimes and rizzoli. All of these are different and entertaining. Murder in the first is something special. .like nypd blue.

30. B. Yarber says:

The best police drama on tv except for the CLOSER, now canceled. Now I’m not watching anymore because the u r storyline with Rusty has evolved into on screen kissing between him and that other kid. Can’t believe they went that far. So sad.

31. Mark says:

Major Crimes is a great show. Should be 23 ep. Glad also for renewal of Librarians.

32. Jai Smith says:

Major Crimes!!!
    And, I also enjoy the Librarians and Murder in the First.

Hoping for several more seasons of each show.
    More TV shows with strong, realistic, intelligent women characters are needed.