Legends Cancelled TNT

Legends Cancelled at TNT, Along With Agent X and Public Morals

Sean Bean survived longer than usual this time around, but his spy drama Legends nonetheless has been cancelled by TNT after two seasons.

Legends is currently unspooling its sophomore run Mondays at 10/9c.

Our sister site Deadline reports that the freshman dramas Public Morals (a period piece from and starring Ed Burns) and Agent X (which was super silly) also got the hook.

The cabler’s cuts came as it ordered new seasons of two other dramas, Major Crimes (currently airing Season 4) and The Librarians (now in Season 2).

1. Fluffy says:

Oh noooooosh!!!!!

• Joseph says:

People here didn’t like it because it was hard to follow. No it wasn’t you just have to pay a little attention. No one wants to do that. They watch shows like Castle that is exactly like 50 other shows in the past starski and hutch Rizzoli and iles cagney and lacey. Just grab an old script change the names and roll tape. And you have another stupid show that people can watch with one eye and do their facebook with having to worry about following the plot line because they already know it’s going to end just like it did the other 10 times they watched it. It’s really just so frustrating that these dummies control what we get to watch

• Vol says:

Not really. Let’s not make Legends out to be some amazing show. Aside from Sean bean himself, the first season was dull as a sack of hammers, and anyone with 3 brain cells saw every so-called “revelation” coming. Furthermore, the first couple of season 2 were awful, taking any good elements from the show and eliminating them.

I like intelligent shows as much as the next guy, but this show didn’t end because it was “hard to follow.” No one was watching it because it was dull, dreary, forgettable and ultimately derivative.

I love bean, and I wanted this show to get better… But The “masses” got it right, I’m afraid.

• Leonor Silva says:

Legends had us on the edge of our seats!!! Loved it…my husband and I would watch it together..we enjoyed trying to figure things out as the series progressed. Bring it back!!! Sean Bean and all the acting crew were very credible..please ..please…please bring the series BACK!

• Mike says:

I agree. Legends was an intelligent show. it should be continued.

2. Eve says:

Well that sucks. I really enjoyed the forst season of Legends. Not liking the changes to season 2 but I guess that’s irrelevant now.

• Carlos Lee says:

Yes, I did not like how they changed the Season 2 dynamics, but I enjoyed the show anyway. Only thing I liked better in Season 2 was Winter from SOA.

• tvjunkie says:

Season 1 was good. I’ve only watch the first episode of season 2 and it was like a completely different and far inferior show. I guess I will delete the rest of season 2 from my DVR now.

• Aron says:

Yeah Season 2 is all over the place jumping from 1976 to present to 2001. I see the tie but it does get a little hard to follow; Librarians sucks, the asian guy is sooooooooo annoying I can only take 15 seconds of him then turn stations

3. Z says:

Yea I liked season 1 of Legends but i have not been able to get into season 2… the changes were not for the better

• JBFUK says:

Come on – Season 2 was much better. Yes you needed to pay attention but it was a better show…

Season 1 was the same old format as so many other American TV shows – Blacklist, Person of Interest etc etc; a bunch of episode long mini-stories with a few minutes of some weak backstory trying to link them together in some way. A group of people with an apparently common goal who all know everything and constantly finish each other’s sentences in pointless briefings like they are reading each others minds – why are they even having the conversation! Yawn.

Season 2 was more credible, the acting was better, the story more gripping and I looked forward to seeing how things would continue to untangle in the next episode.

How something as awful as Empire can get a third season while this can’t I will never know. I guess the previous poster was right when he said people just want brain-dead TV they can keep one eye on while mindlessly browsing Facebook on their mobile phones.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Awwww, I like Legends. Will they finish out this season??

5. peterwdawson says:

No shock about Agent X, it just didn’t have the right tone and style it was going for. Contrast with shows like The Librarians, which seems to know EXACTLY what it is.

6. Missy Kelly says:

I liked the “silly” Agent X. Legends looked interesting then they made it so he didn’t know himself so that made that silly to me. Public Morals I just had no interest in.

7. Pablo says:

Oh God, this is so sad! Legends got such an improvement this year, it became a Homeland-lite show! TNT wants a FX-like kind of programming but cancells a show when it starts to get some attention from critics!

• tvjunkie says:

While I only watched the first episode this season, my first impression was they took a good show in Legends season 1 and removed virtually everything that was good about it and made it suck.

8. justsomeguy says:

Not sure why they changed Legends so much. Was a much better show in its first season. Agent X was a disaster from the beginning.

TNT should do the smart thing and somehow, some way, bring back Southland.

9. danoregon says:

Agent X was a better show than it got credit for – it was kind of hampered by the weird VP dynamic. Public Morals was well done, but I think part of the problem was seeing cops busting gambling dens and sex workers doesn’t just seem that important these days, given what is available on the Internet. Legends is a deep show, probably too deep. I’d like to see fewer show with the “two-track” storytelling. Glad Librarians and Major Crimes are coming back.

10. kirads09 says:

I love Sean Bean and Legends. I did prefer the S1 format (miss the “team” he worked with) also his different “legends”. S2 has been difficult with all the time jumping/flashbacks. Sean’s performance isn’t lacking in the show. Hope he finds another lead part and/or does many movies.

11. Murica! says:

The first season of legends was good, but the second season is much better. Shame it’s cancelled. Public morals wasn’t very good, but Agent X was a lot of fun.

• I agree, but seems we’re in the minority. I just binged on the show in two weeks.

Thought the writing in Season 1 was mediocre and only for Sean Bean it would have been a miss. But Season 2 was a well constructured storyline spanning five decades and brought a lot more intrigue. A Season 3 would have been full of possibilities given that there was still a major part of the storyline not resolved.

Given how Season 2 ended, we could have a fantastic crossover with a very popular action thriller character who was left in a similar situation at the end of his recent series run…

12. Don J says:

RIP Sean Bean on television. I doubt he will be doing another show on American TV anytime soon.

13. erica says:

Agent X was ok, it was fun for a Sunday night

14. Just as I was getting into Agent X too.. oh well. Was there a full season order, or can we call it a “mini series” now?

15. Mike says:

Librarians is terrible. It’s just Warehouse 13 in another setting. Happy Major Crimes will still be around.

• Jon says:

Actually, Librarians was around before Warehouse 13 – in the original movies starring Noah Wyle – so you can’t say they followed WH13.

• Dennis says:

More shows like Friday the 13th preceded Warehouse 13. The Librarians movies were fun but the series is less interesting. Agent X feels like a sister show to Librarians. Legends on Monday was OK against Castle; but Fargo, Better Call Saul and Blindspot as well? Well, yes.

• tvjunkie says:

The Librarians started as made for tv movies long before Warehouse 13 premiered on SyFy. Perhaps get your facts straight next time before accusing a show of copying another.

16. Boiler says:

When is Kevin Reilly gonna be cancelled. None of their new shows have done as well as even Franklin and Bash and nowhere near Perception and Dallas. Unless Perception comes back I won’t need to worry about TNT once R&I finished

• johnhelvete says:

Proof, Agent X, Public Morals and Legends, all shows picked to series by the previous guy, not Reilly. So did you watch Franklin & Bash or Dallas?

• Boiler says:

Naive to think he had nothing to do with this mess as he had been hired. For what its worth I did watch Franklin and Bash but it is the numbers and viewers telling the story

• johnhelvete says:

You can blame Reilly for cancelling a show like Perception that you like and I would even agree that it would have done better ratings than most of these other shows, but it is a simple fact that every single show that premiered in 2015 on TNT were picked up to series by Michael Wright, the guy who had Reilly’s job before Reilly. Guess you could also blame Reilly for some of the promotional campaigns but getting more viewers for the first episode does not mean those viewers are going to watch episode 2 if they feel the show is not good. TNT had decided to change direction months before they hired Reilly. The issue I have with most of the anti Reilly posts on the internet is this incorrect narrative that TNT changed direction because of Reilly, and that is not true.

17. MzTeaze says:

Sadly I am not surprised. Season 2 has really been a confusing mess and the ratings have been roughly half of what they did in season 1.

18. Amanda says:

So bummed to see “Public Morals” got cancelled. It was really good and Ed Burns did such a great job getting this on air with the 18 years it took. Feel so bad for the cast and crew and hope he’s able to turn it back into film it was originally going to be. I know he talked recently about working on other films as well so hope the best for what’s next for him.

• Susan says:

I agree with Amanda, I liked Public Morals, it sets a period in history, the authenticity of the actors Burns used for this series provided it’s true character. Best of luck to all who were a part of this show.

19. Konabean says:

Any news about Rizzoli and Isles?

20. Lizz says:

I liked Public Morals. How is it that Rizzoli and Isles continues? ::sighs::

21. Frank says:

Bring back Dallas! It was so good!

22. John NYC says:

New season of The a Librarians?

Yay to that!

23. Welp, the only show I watch on TNT has been cancelled, so I guess I won’t be watching TNT anymore. #RIPLegends

24. Annie says:

Phew. Librarians and Last Ship are safe. Wonder what new shows they’ll be investing in

25. James says:

And to add: Apparently, Transporter: The Series has also been given the axe, although its cancelation was not TNT’s call to make.

26. Sally Sauter says:

I am going to miss Agent X – I thought the show was very interesting!!

27. B says:

Even though Legends changed drastically in S2, I liked it more. It felt deeper and less gimmicky than “who is he this week?”, and that’s what kept my attention. They could have moved a little more on his personal mystery, but I enjoyed seeing the flashbacks to his youth and the beginning evolution into who he became. I suppose we won’t have full answers now. Well, I look forward to seeing Sean Bean in another series. He’s just so good.

• Shannon says:

Agree, season 2 is way better than 1 and you’re spot on that the different legends were getting cheesy. I am so bummed it’s being cancelled, season 2 was like a movie, loved it

• Monique says:

Well said. At first I wasn’t sure about the new format, but came to realize it was far better and more intelligent than S1. I really would have loved another season!

28. pem says:

I liked Agent X.

29. friend12 says:

Legends being dropped is no surprise. I loved him when he was just using a legend top stop something. This season you juts can’t get into the character. Was pretty sure after the 2nd show it wasn’t going to survive.

Agent X was kind of cool at the beginning, bu, has gotten really “silly” since. Really unbelievable. Again no surprise.

30. Mr. Sunshine says:

Darn it! I know it wasn’t the best TV show, but Agent X was fun to watch. So glad I enjoy reading. There are always books to enjoy!!

31. Ray Finkle says:

I think all the time jumping in S2 Legends is what has killed it. Season one was great, but I just couldn’t get into this season though. Having an ep here or there play Time Bandits is one thing, but a whole season? Too much. It clearly killed this once promising show.

32. david7118 says:

Public Morals was a fantastic period piece. I hate to see it go.

33. Pam Spead says:

Love legends, sorry to see it go, didn’t watch the others. I am getting tired of having my faves cancelled. Thinking I may give up TV

34. mary says:

Today my world is dark can’t believe that Public Morals got cancelled yet there are so many other shows that should be taken off the air. I’m not giving names but one is on ABC on Monday nights.

35. Jess says:

so happy The Librarians got renewed! That show is so kitschy fun!

• Jess says:

although I must add – whoever does the sound on that show should be let go – I have to rewind sometimes to hear what the heck is being said.

36. Gabe says:

I like Public Morals. Tried watch Legends just was not very good this season.

37. Television says:

I really liked Legends. It was too long in between seasons though, I almost forgot what happened in season 1.

38. I will never understand how some of these dumbassed tv networks cancel good shows like Agent X,! And keep crappy reality shows, some crappy supernatural shows! They don’t give good shows like Agent X,King and Maxwell, forever etc. the chance to be watched!! You jerk offs need to give good shows like this more than ten frigginn episodes and more than one season!! You guys suck rocks for canceling Agent X!! Morons!!!

39. Randy Davis says:

I enjoyed Legends and agent x i watch them or DVR both of them every week I am upset to see them go from TNT. I hope another channel picks them up.

40. john says:

wow ppl watch closely season 2 saved legends and is some of the best tv ever….go watch agent x if you morons cant follow flashbacks.

• I watched and liked season one. I forgot about the show until I saw a trailer on TNT. I caught up in On Demand. At first it was hard to follow the flashbacks but I conquered that. I am totally hooked on the show. A lot of intrigue and twists making me glued to the TV like the show The Americans. Good acting and characters. I will really miss the show. And probably with the announced cancelation there won’t be a proper ending. Yes I hope somebody will pick it up.

41. Gregory Peter DuPont says:

Cancellation for Legends? Great show, excellent writing and acting. Why cancel? I hope another network picks it up.

42. Disappointed viewer but hopeful says:

Season 1 was FAB! Then ya had to throw Muslim politics in on the whole season 2 . Season 1 was variety & great! Diff every wk. Seems like U TRIED to crash & burn it! Public Morals was FUN viewing too! Also cancelled! Wht are you doing? And why?

43. fahima says:

I thought Legends was well written, and Sean Bean was intense. I’m saddened by this. Will miss it

44. Dana says:

They cant finish the serie just like that, at least give them a serie finale. Because episode 10 which was pretty good, finished expecting next season. I love legends and the actor is one of my favorite, he play the role amazing. How come stupid series are renew and this one not. Lol

• Just got done watching the last 3 episodes. WOW. I agree, great writing and so well put together. This is “glued to the TV with the closed captions on” watching. But to end it like that? Remember when Jack Bauer “24” was captured and shipped to China We got him back. So lets get Sean Bean back out of Russia. I will miss the show.

45. Randy says:

Season 2 was good and yes it took a bit to keep up with the time and place changes, but kept me entertained and drawn to see what happened next and answer all the questions of the past. In 2001, present day and then 2003, 1981, etc. It was brilliant compared to the old ok method of dropping a few crumbs like was done in each episode in season 1, or shows like burn notice. But oh well. Doesnt matter now.

• Gregory Peter DuPont says:

I agree. Season 2-despite the detractors- was great writing. Someone needs to beat some sense into the suits at TNT- stop killing off great shows like Legends and keeping the Mediocracy afloat on a sea of sameness.

46. Van Garner says:

Are these people nuts? Best show on TV!? I guess TNT stands for “Totally Nutty Television”.

47. Adrian says:

That sucks! I actually enjoyed season 2 more than. Season one. They cancelled for more Major Crimes ???? librarians ? Really – bugger off

48. What a shame. It will probably be replaced with another stupid doctor or lawyer show. LEGENDS was original, made you think and pay attention. Not some carbon copy dribble like 98% of the shows on tv. Hope another network picks it up! Sean Bean is one of my favorite actors and I’ll miss seeing him!

49. Dan says:

TNT cancels Legends and renews that moronic show The Librarians?! Is TNT smoking crack?!

50. Laura Rasmussen says:

We loved Season 1, but they got rid of every character except the lead plus one! And Season 2 was confusing, trying to connect characters and decades and locations–oh, my! But I finally start liking how the characters are coming along, they answered lots of questions about Bean’s character, left plenty of questions unanswered, and they drop the show. Another one bites the dust.