House of Cards Season 4: Netflix Announces 2016 Premiere Date

Netflix interrupted Tuesday’s GOP Debate with a major announcement: House of Cards‘ fourth season will be released on March 4, 2016.

The streaming service broke the news via a faux campaign commercial during the second hour of CNN’s Republican debate (watch the ad above).

The March premiere marks the latest launch yet for the political drama, which has traditionally bowed in mid-February.

Check out the official “campaign” poster below, and then hit the comments with your hopes/predictions for Season 4.

CWUKYPQXAAAzFDr

1. Tina says:

March?! but I spend Valentine’s Day marathoning the crap out of this! How dare you Netflix, how dare you.

2. abz says:

Hopefully its better than the crapfest that was season 3.

• Yoki says:

I have yet to finish season 3. It was that horrid.

• David4 says:

I thought it was mainly watchable, but the finale was the most horrid thing the show has ever done.

• Pat says:

Yeah, had to force myself to finish that crapfest.

• Eran says:

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t know if I can continue with the show as long the character who committed that horrific act in the finale (don’t want to spoil it for anyone who’s yet to catch up) is still drawing breath. Some current shows on television have irredeemable psychopaths on them but with HoC, one in particular has even crossed that threshold as far as I’m concerned.

• Fido says:

Hey, good to see I’m not alone. The ending turned me right off the show. Had it ended differently, though may not turning this season into one I’d want to rewatch, I’d defn be interested in checking out S4. Right now I’m out, darn it.

• herman1959 says:

I’m skipping Season 4; I’m over it now. It took me so long to get through last season when I’d binged through seasons 1 and 2. It seemed like the whole show became about the one character I loathed. I felt like I was going to the dentist office when I watched it, BUT I hung in for the ending and I was really sorry I had. There was absolutely no reason for that ending. There are so many shows now on Netflix, and hulu, that I won’t miss it.

3. Once a Luthor, always a Luthor.

4. Ann says:

I hope they get back on tract doing what Francis and Claire do. Manipulate, lie, cheat, and kill!

5. Carol Brint says:

Can’t wait! Looking forward to it!

6. Koatacombz says:

Amazing how much the lives of Frank and Claire mirror that of real life Bill and Hillary. IMHO

7. Beckers0505@yahoo.com says:

I did not think the third season was the best by any means, but I didn’t hate it. I’m interested to see where this season goes!

8. oh please keep this series going it is so like how I remember Capitol Hill as an intern. Terrific acting. Robin Wright has her character down just perfect.

9. Jeff says:

Frank Underwood for President
    Claire can be his Veep. Wouldn’t that be a great twist. He offers her the Veep or a cabinet post to get her back.

10. terry says:

I have loved all seasons and can’t wait for this one to start

11. Oh PLEASE, all this pity for Rachael??? A prostitute who tried to shake down Doug after she’d been given the means and opportunity to disappear for good who obviously realized how badly her plan backfired when she couldn’t escape by any other means than almost killing Doug. Folks seem to gave forgotten SHE CHASED HIM not the other way round til it was necessary. Rachael’s character was expendable and her greed was her undoing- like Zoe she played the game AND LOST.
    Nobody cried when Russo died or Cristina got bounced out of the White House (due to Claire’s manipulation of the then First Lady’s marital insecurity) or when Freddy lost the BBQ joint.
    Long Live House of Cards and it’s too bad the show is fictional because the “crapfest” that is the 2016 Presidential Elections could use Frank Underwood as a candidate.

12. jp says:

Reminds me of someone running….
    Guess who