The 100 Season 3 Trailer Pits Clarke Against Lexa, Bellamy Against Octavia

Take a deep breath, fans of The 100, because the next three(ish) minutes are going to be intense.

The CW on Monday released the first full-length trailer for the sci-fi drama’s upcoming third season (Jan. 21, 9/8c), which will undoubtedly be its darkest yet.

Here’s a quick rundown of just a few of the epic nuggets awaiting you in the trailer:

* The long-awaited, yet simultaneously dreaded, Clarke/Lexa reunion goes about as well as any of us could expect. But wait… with whom is Clarke seen getting frisky?

* During an apparent discussion with Jaha about the City of Light, Abby muses: “Whatever it is, it’s eliminating more than just pain.”

* To say that Bellamy and Octavia find themselves in a family feud would be a bit of an understatement. After declaring that her brother is on the “wrong side,” Octavia proceeds to pummel him mercilessly, before telling him, “You’re dead to me.”

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment below: What are your hopes for Season 3?

1. Kate says:

Geez…I know this odd to say when genocide took place last season, but how dark.

I’m guessing most of the Lexa/Clarke stuff takes place early in the season, both because the actress who plays Lexa probably had to get back to the sea or wherever Fear the Walking Dead was taking them but the earlier clips showed Clarke had dyed her hair. Or at least henna’d it.

But, wow, Octavia and Bellamy? You kind of always counted on that dynamic and if that breaks down, there is really nothing uniting the Grounders and the Sky People besides Lexa’s unwillingness to attack. I am glad to see that at some point Clarke and Bellamy reunite, they kind of need each other.

• AcornArmy says:

FtWD apparently started filming S2 at the beginning of December. It seems like most of S3 of The 100 had already been shot by then. They’re on something like episode 3×13 or 3×14 now.

I don’t think we necessarily have to take this as evidence of Lexa’s absence from the end of S3, either, because ADC will likely have time to film any scenes she has in the last few episodes before the air date for those scenes gets close. I think it would only be unrealistic to assume that Lexa is in a _lot_ of scenes at the end of S3; assuming that she’s in only a few scenes, though, seems plausible to me.

2. Roger says:

well, damn.

3. Daniel says:

The show is scifi, not supernatural!

4. Patrick says:

This is such a great show. I wish more people watched it. Hopefully this wont be the final season.

5. MeJ says:

Trying to pinpoint who the girl with the face tattoo at 1:31 is. Have we seen her before?

• Latonya says:

I’m pretty sure it’s Emori. The girl who befriended Murphy on the way to the City of Light, robbed Murphy, Jaha & the others, and has the disfigured hands

6. Sonya says:

Omg Bellamy and Octavia that’s gut wrenching ..you know he is dying inside and he would never hit her back .. He’ll just take it .. How terrible

• Sarah says:

I know! I don’t care much about the relationships on the show but the Blake siblings are the best so this is just heartbreaking. I can’t possibly imagine what horrific thing must drive Octavia to disown Bellamy when just last season we saw her love for him trumped being a Grounder when the retreat was called but she refused to leave Bellamy.

7. MissEllys says:

Was Abby making out with Marcus?!?

8. Alicia says:

It looks amazing! Can’t wait:-)

9. Caroline Thomas says:

I feel like this is going to be the most action packed seasons. Lexa and Clarke seem to have bad blood, so i’m assuming the sex scene is with Bellamy (or at least i am hoping). I am guessing the main plot of this season has to do with the lady from the city of light. What i do love about this show is how every season has a different main conflict to it. Back to Bellamy and Clarke, I wouldn’t even mind if they got together because they have such amazing chemistry. They would be a hell of a power couple, considering that they already have a ton of chemistry. I would understand that the director would want diversity and that’s the reason for the whole Lexa/Clarke deal but I really don’t think they were oh-so-great. Also, we all saw Kane and Abby coming. That wasn’t a shocker. ALSO, who the heck got killed! Hmm can’t wait for JAnuary!

• AcornArmy says:

“I feel like this is going to be the most action packed seasons. Lexa and Clarke seem to have bad blood, so i’m assuming the sex scene is with Bellamy (or at least i am hoping).” – Didn’t you see the way Clarke started looking weaker about her attitude when Lexa just stood there and looked at her, as Clarke held the knife to her neck? It was like Clarke had to remind herself why she was so pissed at Lexa to begin with. I don’t think that scene is going to end so badly for their relationship.

• Cat says:

Agree with you… I think she still has feelings for Lexa.

• Dog says:

And considering the fact that we see them together on horseback with the field of dead bodies looks like a good sign, not the dead bodies though
          Plus, it looked like the person with the spine tattoo was Lexa (just going off of hair color and the little bit of style that you can see during the scene) and the scene after (Clarke having the time of her life) looked like it could have been at the same time as the spine tattoo one.
          All in all, I think its looking good for them, but at the very least it will be interesting

• Sarah says:

I’m like 90% sure that the Clarke sex scene is going to be with a new character that we haven’t seen yet. It seems like if the show is going to ever put Clarke with Bellamy they are doing a slow burn were they won’t get together until the last season. Plus I really don’t think it will be Lexa. Clarke may forgive her enough to work with her on whatever new crisis comes but I don’t see her jumping into bed with the woman who forced her into the position to kill children. They will probably treat Lexa like Finn (someone she loved – maybe even still loves despite her broken heart – but whose actions she can’t fully forgive).

10. Kenzie says:

Omg can’t wait for it to come on in January!!! I totally ship Clarke/Lexa and hope they can work out their differences and be together this season. But whats up with Clarkes hair at 1:24? It looks like a really fake red wig. Wonder why? And who is that person right before that season about to do it with Clarke? Hope its Lexa!

• Sawyer says:

Better not be the guy from Black Sails or I will be pissed as hell. Clarke seems to have a habit of Lust in the moment. Just saying, look at Finn and Lexa.

11. Sarah9 says:

Great trailer and some amazing moments to come!
    Hopefully Clarke won’t forgive Lexa cause that will be out of character. I don’t think Lexa gonna last much longer…
    So many emotions on one trailer..can’t wait :)

12. Sauron — that’s an unexpected twist. I’m intrigued by what appears to be a flashbacks with Erica Cerra’s character.

13. MK says:

Looks amazing! Am I the only one who can’t get behind Clarke/Lexa though? Don’t even care if Clarke’s with Bellamy. Something about her and Lexa just feels so forced to me. Bellamy and Octavia scenes look tense!!

14. Chris says:

After what Lexa did to Clarke and her crew, I would be so mad if they hooked up. She had to make that horrible decision to kill everyone at the mountain because of Lexa’s betrayal. Seriously.

15. Et al. says:

I. Can’t. Wait. It still amazes me one of the finest sci-Fi shows I’ve ever seen is on the CW.

16. ? says:

Remember when this was sold as a teen romance show? Look at it now. SO AWESOME.

17. Alyssa says:

#BELLARKE
    YOU CAN NEVER SEPARATE LOVERS.
    AND THAT’s ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.

18. Angela says:

Oh my gosh I can’t wait

19. Guest says:

I don’t want Clarke to end up with Lexa that would just make her seem ooc, after what Lexa did last season, frankly one of the things i love about this show is that romance never becomes the main plot.

• Nisa says:

I get what you mean, but I don’t get why everyone hates Lexa so much. Yes, I know, leaving the Sky People to die was horrible, but she only did it to save her own people. Just like Bellamy would sacrifice lifes to save Octavia. Just like Bellamy threw the radio in the water so he could save himself. She forgave Bellamy, so I don’t get why she wouldn’t forgive Lexa. It would take time, yes, but I believe it is possible.

20. Ava says:

Lexa is definitely the one having sex with Clarke. If you look at the background of the girl with long brown hair taking her shirt off with the tattoos down her spine(has to be Lexa with the braids and all) Clarke is obviously in the same room as her. I’m actually really happy about that and it is in Clarke’s character to forgive the people she truly loves. She even forgave Finn, but she will forgive Lexa faster bc they both did similar things as in Clarke killing the mountain men and Lexa leaving the Sky People to die by the mountain men. Clarke is definitely getting it on with Lexa in the trailer.

21. Jada White says:

I think they should have kept Mt. Weather especially for the supplies. Three got away from Mt.Weather so that’s a no brainer. I am sick of Clarke. She’s messed up in the head. Alexa is just as bad. No plot to this year’s story line. I can do totally without the city of light. So stupid. So the only ones with a good or half way decent story line is Abby, Bellamy, Octavia , her boyfriend and the girl that had a paralyze leg. The old crew. The new ones are awful with exception of some grounders. They will not see another season.