Quantico Season 1 Spoilers Alex Liam Romance

Quantico: Three Lingering Fall Finale Qs (Liam? Shelby? Raina?) Answered

Now that the dust has settled (too soon?) after Quantico‘s perilous midseason finale, it’s time to address a few unresolved moments from Sunday’s episode.

What’s with Raina’s disappearing act? How will Caleb move forward after Shelby’s rejection? And did Liam make Alex’s ball drop on New Year’s, if you know what we mean?

Read on for some scoop from executive producer Joshua Safran.

DID ALEX AND LIAM HOOK UP ON NEW YEAR’S EVE? | After all, the NAT and the broken older agent got very cozy at the end of Sunday’s episode. “You will find out in the next couple of episodes what happened,” Safran says. “It’s answered very quickly — it’s just not necessarily answered in [Episode] 12.”

DOESN’T IT SEEM LIKE NIMAH IS AROUND A LOT MORE THAN RAINA IS IN THE Quantico Season 1 Spoilers Alex Liam RomanceQUANTICO TIMELINE? | Raina’s slow fade to the background is a product of the sisters revealing themselves as twins, Safran says. “Nimah became the favorite of the group because she had more in line with everyone else, and Raina had different viewpoints… It’s just been more and more that she feels pushed to the side.” Whether she fill that distance with love for a dangerous terrorist leader remains to be seen…

DOES BREAKING UP WITH SHELBY SEND CALEB OFF THE DEEP END? | “It’s going to be very hard for him,” Safran says. “She breaks his heart, which he’s not expecting, and the next time you see him is at the bank, where they say they were expecting him weeks ago.” Young Haas’ presence at Bomb Site No. 2 is “a little bit of a key to where he’s going emotionally,” the EP teases. “When it’s clear that [Shelby] does not feel safe around him, that is very hard for him to take.”

What burning questions do you have after Quantico‘s fall finale? Tell us in the comments!

1. S says:

I like this show, but I can be done with it after this one season. It got pretty boring at times. And now we didn’t really learn too much other than the one guy that no one cared about, was part of the terrorist plot. One season seems fine for this kind of set-up.

• Paco says:

Agree with you completely on the “One season and Out” approach. Too many network shows ovefstay their welcome.

• Amanda says:

I think the biggest problem is that they will run out of story to tell. I think that they should have had season 1 focus on the NAT time and provide a better back story for everyone. Because what they’ve aired, I still don’t get why Ryan and Vasquez would ever hook up. They didn’t even seem close while in training and now they are suppose to be together? It isn’t making sense and their really isn’t anyone to root for anymore.

• Sheri says:

Usually when shows run out of stories to tell, the plotlines get more and more contrived and ridiculous in later seasons. That won’t be a problem on this show, since the plotlines have been contrived and ridiculous from the start.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

You mentioned one of the many unanswered questions the show has. It can last for years.

• Ray says:

Seconded. The sheer number of eye roll-inducing events and painfully transparent setups in the last episode was alarming. I can see the twists telegraphed from a mile away.

2. Luli says:

Is Shelby alive?? Claire?

• LADY_in_MD says:

In the other article after the show aired they said they couldn’t talk about those characters since they were possibly in the bank during the second bombing I don’t remember the exact quote but it was posted yesterday or this morning on tvline

3. Sheila says:

Didn’t someone make a comment to Liam in the pilot about having an affair with Alex or falling in love with her or something? Did I fever dream that?

4. derek117 says:

This show was one of my early favorites of the new season. I’m thrilled that Priyanka Chopra is making her mark on the Hollywood scene–she’s so talented, and her character “Alex” presents a whole new image for women.

The storytelling, like How to Get Away with Murder, is inventive and enjoyable with the time shifts. The major drawback (and I do mean MAJOR) for me are the men on this show. I spend a lot of time out-and-about, and I struck that these guys would NEVER be able to hook-up with these women in real life. They’re either to “baby” or (frankly) not good-looking. It’s just poor casting choices.

• Miranda says:

No offence, but considering someone as good-looking is pretty subjective. I personally find most of the men on this series attractive. And personality can also cause someone to appear more attractive to another person. Besides there are boatloads of psychological reasons behind why someone might find another person attractive, for instance insecurity, parental issues, and they don’t necessarily have to be negative reasons either.

• lake says:

“Talented” ? You’ve got to be kidding. She’s got limited acting skills. In other words – she is a terrible actress. Her voice is terrible to boot – she sounds like she has strep throat or something.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

I thought HTGAWM should have been one season, as I was over it last year before the finale. However,it seem s better than ever now. Quantico can be the same way.

5. Jaz says:

So Josh literally just admitted they shafted Raina for Nimah who is the more “fun” and “western” sister.
    I do hope they have more planned for Raina in the Quantico timeline.

For a show that prides itself on diversity, they’ve done such a poor job of highlighting it.

• Miranda says:

From the perspective of a film student, I considered it less that Raina was shafted for Nimah because Nimah’s the more “western” sister than it was about diminishing her role to demonstrate how her character feels. She’s focused less on because she feels like she doesn’t fit in with the rest of them. Also, the show tends to focus mostly on Alex and the characters that surround her, and she seems to have more in common with Nimah than she does Raina.

6. Delirious says:

Since Safran was lazy in his interview and comments (you know, Abrams/Lindelof/Cuse make “mysterious” and “vague” work, even if it hurts or sucks – Safran doesn’t, at all) … I’ll be just as lazy, and simply copy-paste what I said in the interview/recap:

I call BS on the whole “the bomber will be revealed in the midseason finale”. The way I see it, Caleb said he didn’t plant/set the bomb off. Neither did Simon. And Caleb/Raymond visiting the vaults right before it’s revealed it goes off, saying it’s really close to GC, and right after him and Shelby talk about the planned bombing by his (former?) cult – if that doesn’t mean he’s the bomber, or that he’s part of the bombers, it’s simply that: A LOAD OF BS.
    And yes, I’m pissed off because I love the show, my fave (by far) of the “Class of Fall 2015”, and being promised the bomber, but Safran saying it’s open, or whatever… Are you serious, bro? The main complaint the show gets is the absurd amount of swerves it has (“it looks like him! but it’s not! now it’s her! wait, not her either!”), and you throw THAT in the interview?

7. Oscar says:

This has to be the worst show on abc (next to how to get away…) Why do the woman all look like they just stepped off the cover of vogue, though they have been running through streets, dirty basements, etc. Who goes to quantico with evening gowns? She had about 12 dresses in that closet. The writing is horrible, situations are stupid and the acting is just awful. They introduce characters for two episodes (who have never been on the show) and then they are gone. The window is closed but when he wanted to throw himself out, it was open. Does anyone on the show watch what they are doing. Another fiasco from abc….

8. Alexia says:

Are FBI agents allowed to tell people that they’re agents? I thought it was interesting that Ryan told Alex that him and Hannah are “undercover,” yet within seconds of meeting Alex, a complete stranger, Hannah disclosed that she’s in the FBI? Don’t get me wrong, this show is a guilty pleasure, but I find that to enjoy it I can’t think too much into it. I will be upset, however, if Alex and Liam hook up! Also am I the only one who doesn’t understand why Alex was so mad at Ryan? He’s a secret agent…..his job is to be undercover…he didn’t exactly lie to her he was just withholding information about his assignment, it’s not like they were in a relationship or still seeing each other for him to have to share everything that’s going on in his life…

• Jewels says:

There is nothing stopping a special agent from revealing that s/he is a special agent. Granted – telling people you’re an agent and yet do undercover work is very stupid. FBI doesn’t have the same rules as CIA or NSA.

Ryan’s ex wife said she worked counter terrorism in the FBI…but is undercover. The stranger question for me is: why would Ryan and his ex need to be under cover at that party.

9. GG says:

Also, who shot Ryan in the shoulder? He told everyone it was Alex, but we all know it wasn’t, so who actually did it, unless he was shot from behind and didn’t see.

10. Rose H says:

My question is what happened to Charlie? And does it really matter to the main story line? I just get really confused sometimes when they jump from past to present. I’ll continue to watch it but not sure about season 2.