Alicia Witt Nashville

Nashville's Friday Night Lights Reunion: Alicia Witt Joins Season 4 in Major Role

Nashville, Tenn., will soon bear a striking resemblance to Dillon, Texas.

Alicia Witt — who played Becky Sproles’ single mom Cheryl on Friday Night Lights — will reunite with former co-star Connie Britton during a major Nashville arc.

Per EW.com, Witt will play country music sensation Autumn, who is described as “a respected singer who’s paid her dues and who’s managed to both cross over to pop and thrive in the era of bro country… Never married, but perpetually involved, Autumn struggles to find real love in her life.”

In addition to FNL, Witt’s TV credits include House of Lies, Justified and The Mentalist.

1. Wang-Dong Shan says:

Well, she’s no Ziva (darn, my reflexive response has been applied to the wrong show, hasn’t it?)

2. Jess says:

Definitely be watching this when it comes back. I love Alicia Witt

3. Ian says:

Alicia Witt is one of those people everybody just loves. She’ll be a invaluable to Nashville in time, I’m sure.

• Boiler says:

I would agree. The only one better may be Judy Greer. However I am not sure Nashville really needs more characters. They need to get rid of a few and that is even though I really enjoy the show

• tvjunkie says:

They have gotten rid of a few. Bye bye Jeff, Teddy, Marcus, the doctor boyfriend and a few others and that’s just this season, if you include some assumptions regarding the fall finale.

4. Claire says:

Real love? I’m going to guess she’s there for Luke.

5. mooshki says:

She is so charming and likable, but she’s just a terrible, terrible actress. I was sad to hear she’s going to be back on Twin Peaks.

6. Mar says:

Enough already. How about concentrating on the main characters and developiing their story lines instead of continuing to bring in new, irrelevant characters who add NOTHING to the story. Case in point: the uninteresting, unappealing assistant to Luke; the daughter of Deacon’s mentor; the bimbo that Gunnar is screwing around with, etc. etc. etc.
    STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tvjunkie says:

So the main characters are only supposed to interact with each other as if the outside world does not exist? Man that would be boring after a while.

7. The Carpooler says:

She was Gertrude Lange in Mr Holland’s Opus.

8. Laura C says:

I don’t watch Nashville, but I’ve seen Alicia in a few Hallmark Christmas movies, and of course I remember her from Mr Holland’s Opus. I’ve always liked her in whatever role she plays.

9. shar says:

They need to stop adding guest and get back to the music. I will be so glad when Juliette comes back, hopefully a different person. I hate what they did to her character. I understand the post-partem depression, but the drugs and alcohol, are too much. I want her and Avery to make good music together, again.

10. Brenda says:

Just love alicia Witt. She is such a wonderful actress and singer

11. Jenny says:

Aghhhh if they were going to bring anyone else over from Dillon, couldn’t it have been Riggins?! Id like to see a guitar and a cowboy hat on Taylor Kitsch. PlEASE!