Ratings: Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors Is Tried On by Many

Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors was tried on by 12.8 million total NBC viewers this Thursday, while averaging a 1.8 demo rating.

As such, it easily delivered the night’s largest non-Big Bang audience (and outdrew The Wiz Live) while marking the highest-rated movie on any broadcast network in four years.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Michael Buble’s Christmas special (7.2 mil/1.1) was down two tenths in the demo from last year.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | Bones‘ double-dip did 4.6 mil and a 0.9 (a series low), then 4.4 mil/1.0 (versus its last fresh episode’s 5.3 mil/1.0).

THE CW | Vampire Diaries (1.2 mil/0.5) was steady, but The Originals (1 mil/0.4) ticked down.

ABC | The Toy Story special did 3.3 mil/0.9, followed by the original Toy Story‘s 3.1 mil/1.0.

CBS | Pending adjustment due to NFL preemption, The Big Bang Theory (16 mil/4.) is currently up two tenths, while Life in Pieces (9.6 mil/2.4), Mom (8.2 mil/2.0), 2 Broke Girls (7 mil/1.9) and Elementary (6.2 mil/1.3) are all up three tenths.

1. Mary says:

to bad for the cw ratings, the were great episodes, especilly the originals

2. Dolly description of bullies !! great song; great lyrics, beautiful coat !!!

3. heather says:

Poor Bones….3 weeks off, no onair promos from Fox…and this what happens, well done Fox…

8pm went up in half hours, I will wait until finals before a stift drink

• Boiler says:

I would hope this will be renewed. Between some of their other miserable ratings and what looks to be god awful new shows they need Bones

4. Et al. says:

Good for Dolly. I don’t like country music. At all. But for some reason I’ve always adored her.

5. kmw says:

Too bad for Bones ratings good episodes. I wish they would move them from Thursday, they cannot even beat Christmas specials

6. Lee stinnety says:

Absolutely loved coat of many colors. Encourage NBC to advertise and rerun it soon. Best movie I have seen on TV maybe ever. Thanks to NBC for taking a chance on a project that portrays Christians so accurately.

7. Dave says:

Why doesn’t any primetime network air movies anymore like they used to in the mid to late 1900s. I would love to see them air movies again. It would be pretty interesting.

8. Shannon says:

Now I’m sad, I didn’t realize Coat of Many Colors was on last night :(

9. Larc says:

I enjoyed it and thought Jennifer Nettles did an especially good job as Dolly’s mother. Ideally, the director probably should have dialed back Alyvia Alyn Lind’s performance as young Dolly in a few places. She was occasionally too OTT even as a kid to seem quite real, IMO.

• dorothy m. spencer says:

i thought coal miners daughter was a better movie. I do like Dolly but wanted to see more as she became a star. My own Mom did like Dolly ‘s mom did in making our clothes from odds and ends and my mom lost 2 babies.We all had hard times back then.It brought back lots of times in my own life.Dolly has worked hard for what she has done.

• David Finucane says:

Good news Dorothy I remember googling the movie and saw that she signed a deal for like three movies about her life with NBC. I will find it and give you the link

10. Boiler says:

Come on folks watch Elementary if for no other reason the chemistry between Lucy Liu and Jonny Lee Miller. Unfortunately I think CBS has put a major hurt on its Thursday night schedule especially since CBS still preempted in cities of teams playing. At least Elementary does well on DVR

11. Joyce dubray says:

When will you rerun coat of many colors