The Flash Tone Bell

The Flash Enlists Truth Be Told Star Tone Bell as Iris' New [Spoiler]

Iris West will soon be answering to Tone Bell.

The Truth Be Told actor has landed a multi-episode arc on The Flash Season 2 as the young reporter’s new boss at Central City Picture News, our sister site Variety reports.

As first teased in this week’s Ask Ausiello, Bell’s Scott Evans and Iris get off to a rocky start — his first order of business is to kill her puff piece about recent attacks in Central City. (Could that tension lead to something more?)

In addition to the aforementioned NBC comedy, which is unlikely to be renewed, Bell’s credits include Bad Judge and Whitney.

The Flash returns with new episodes on Tuesday, Jan. 19.

1. Murica! says:

Great! More useless romance on the flash. Just kill Patty and put Barry and Iris together.

• Hattie says:

It’s definitely beyond frustrating when we know Barry and Iris should be together!

I don’t think this guy is a love interest. I think he’ll be like that Mason mentor from S1 except for more strict since he’s her boss.

I’m excited to see Iris’ journalism, watching her at CCPN is my favorite thing!

2. Cilla says:

Happy that we will see more focus on Iris as a reporter and maybe finally see her ace reporter arc. Interesting to see how she balances her job as a reporter and keeping what TF gets up to a secret.

• Hattie says:

Yes I’ve been waiting for that ace reporter arc for a long time. They talk about her doing her job but I’m ready to see it! It will be awesome.

Can’t wait to see Iris as the ace reporter!

3. Logan says:

As long as this gives Iris more focus and screen time, I’m here for it.

• Hattie says:

Yes I’m looking forward to Iris having more screen time. It will be great seeing her bond with Wally but also watching her career take off at CCPN will be awesome!

4. herman1959 says:

Ooh, evidently, those half-hour comedies just don’t work for him. Maybe he’ll have better luck on The Flash. But, January 19th is sooo far away.

5. Lila says:

Iris does not anymore screen time as it is, all she does is fumble around…BUT if it’s with Tone Bell…then omg yes!

• Lila says:

Also…it’s sad that the writers have failed to make Iris relevant without throwing her into another romantic plot. It would be awesome if this r/ship is purely professional.

6. I see all the grief Iris gets and think “once they dwell more on her origin as hailing from the 31st Century and she becomes more interesting as a result of that, all that will stop”.

7. Mik says:

I’m looking forward to this, I hope it’s not another Mason Bridge situation and we actually get to SEE him and Iris working together so she can become a better/more hard hitting investigative reporter. I don’t really care about whether or not they get romantic, but I’m not opposed to it.

8. ana says:

ooh for the love of God….this show is getting ridiculous.

9. Ian says:

Am I supposed to be impressed though? Not quite in Candice Patton’s league if you ask me.

• herman1959 says:

Who knows, maybe he might be really good in a drama. I’ll give him the 5 – 6 episodes it takes to get West/Allen started.

10. Nat says:

I am for more storylines that not only show us Iris the reporter but give her more people to be connected to. It will be interesting to see her growth and this relationship. I’m sure Mr. Bell will be great.

11. Muller says: