Nashville Cast Meg Steedle

Nashville Scoop: Boardwalk Empire Alum Meg Steedle to Catch Avery's Eye

ABC’s Nashville is staging a “meet cute” — and has thus appropriately cast Boardwalk Empire alum Meg Steedle in a guest-starring role.

TVLine has learned that Steedle will appear in a midseason episode as a single mom that Avery sparks to after they have a charming first encounter. (In related news: Juliette, please come back as soon as possible!)

Steedle first “hinted” at her Nashville visit on Twitter:

In addition to her Season 3 run as Boardwalk‘s Billie Kent, Steedle’s TV credits include a series regular stint on The Mysteries of Laura, a scene-stealing turn in the NCIS episode “The Admiral’s Daughter” and a visit to Grey’s Anatomy.

Nashville airs its midseason finale tonight at 10/9c, then resumes Season 4 on March 16.

Want more scoop on Nashville, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. ladyluck527 says:

Loved her on Boardwalk Empire!

2. Dave says:

Wouldn’t it make more sense for Secrets & Lies to take over the Wed at 10p time period starting March 16th and then run its 10 consecutive weeks followed by the return of Nashville on May 25th (following the season finales of the ABC Wed comedies) and run its 11 eps through the summer?

Nashville got a .9 last week and Secrets & Lies finished with a series high 1.8 last May. Based on their released midseason dates, it appears S&L season 2 is being relegated to summer. Seems kind of perplexing why ABC wouldn’t want to air season 2 during the season and not a year after season 1 ended on lower rated/viewed summer.

3. iHeart says:

MARCH 16TH?!?!?!!?

4. Fast Eddie says:

What about the one that’s always babysitting for him. That’s where there should sparks.

5. A says:

Avery and Will should hook up

6. Ella Jasper says:

I feel like Nashville is not getting a chance to succeed. Off till March 16, really? When you have a show that is suffering in the ratings, you want people to forget about it? I have said over and over, they need to stop bringing in new characters, concentrate on the ones they have or had (Zoe) and get back to the music. Can’t you see what viewers want? I’m afraid this may be on its way out because no one really cares.

7. HAP says:

I was bummed to learn that they didn’t retain Meg Steedle for this season of Mysteries Of Laura. I thought that she and Debra Messing had great chemistry.

8. Carla Krae says:

Frankie!

9. Carrie Lee Butler says:

I love Deacon Rayne together and I’m glad their getting married .I think he’s handsome and sexy. I love the show and I wish it come back for season five.I thought that was so sexy and romantic when he was talking to Rayne and got on his knee and asked her to marry him because they were argueing early.