Homeland Renewed

Homeland, The Affair Renewed

Homeland remains secure and The Affair is not ending.

Showtime on Wednesday officially renewed the Sunday dramas for a sixth and third season, respectively.

The pickups come as both shows head into the homestretch of their current seasons (their finales air Dec. 20).

Thoughts? Which renewal are you more excited about? Which series is currently having the stronger season? Hit the comments!

1. Brian says:

Happy about The Affair. Good show.

• ? says:

I think the show needs to tell us who hit Scotty by the end of the season, or the future will stop being a compelling side plot and start being annoying. By the way Noah’s totally sleeping with Helen again by the time the trial rolls around, isn’t he? And his baby with Allison is actually Cole’s.

2. THEAFFAIR says:

YAAAAAS THE AFFAIR

3. Eric says:

Excited for The Affair, I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed the show. As for Homeland, I’m not as sure about how many seasons it has left in it…

4. BrightLight says:

Even though I loved this season with the expanded viewpoints, I can honestly say I didn’t think “The Affair” would get renewed but I’m VERY happy it did. I’m also glad it was renewed BEFORE the season ended so I wouldn’t have to ponder about it for months or years like I did with “The Wire”.

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Very happy for Homeland. Always hooked since the beginning with great actors and writers. Wonder if the series is going to end after seven seasons.

6. Ann says:

Haven’t watched the affair, might do a little binge watching, but Homeland is still one of my favorites. Well written, actors are spot on and it stays relevant!

7. Kathy Holbrook says:

As long as Rupert Friend’s character stays alive, I’m devoted to Homeland. I think Seasons 4, 5 and 6 have all been much better than the first three seasons when it was all about Brody. The Affair is much better this season than the first so am glad it’s renewed too. Love Cole and Louisa (loved her on The Bridge) together.

8. niloofar22 says:

Homeland’s been amazing this season except for pushing Quinn to the background and pushing Jonas and Laura on us. My last hope is that Otto turns out to be really evil if not they separated Carrie and Quinn for nothing.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I really enjoy this season’s Homeland as it did last year. Season 3 was a disappointment since Brody made the ultimate sacrifice (Kleenex anyone?). Wonder if next season is going to have another “reboot” and I don’t know whether or not Alexander Cary and Chip Johannessen are going to be back to rejoin the writing staff for Season 6.

9. dj says:

Happy about both!

10. Bill says:

Love both shows, great news

11. Saabgirlatx says:

Thrilled about the affair! Obsessed!!!

12. Sabrina says:

Great news.

13. ajspree says:

happy about both! Homeland will always be my number one favorite, but the Affair has been much better than last season. I just hope we know who killed Scotty Lockheart by the finale.

14. Lyse says:

Homeland needs more Quinn . He’s far outpaced Carrie as the most interesting character. Season 6 better get it right

15. Janne says:

The Affair❤️👌🏼🎉🎉
    Hurramegrundt!

16. Renee says:

Love the Affair, but the clothes of Allison are boring!!!

17. Nada says:

Notify me please when Season 3 of the Affair is to begin and Season 5 of Homeland. thanks.

18. Laura Whitney says:

So long between seasons, I can’t remember what the last one was about. Not just this series but in general. Survivor, TWD,Homeland,Salem, So many of them seems like a year. I faithfully wait for Survivor for months. Seems like it is over in just a few episodes.