Exclusive

Criminal Minds Fall Finale Sneak Peek: What Has Garcia All Squicked Out?

Penelope Garcia has surely heard it all over the years, but in this exclusive sneak peek from CBS’ Criminal Minds (airing tonight at 9/8c), she’s got her finger hovering over the mute button.

In the midseason finale, titled “Future Perfect,” Hotch & Co. are in flight discussing the gnarly particulars of their new case’s crime scenes/corpses when Garcia chimes in from the laptop to register her discomfort. What’s “bugging” her?

The BAU team then continues wrapping their collective head around the case — which the media is already drumming up as the work of a “blood-worshipping cult” — on a less gory level. Adding to the mystery is a tidbit that Garcia offers up, raising new questions about what their UnSub is up to.

Want more scoop on Criminal Minds, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. The Rookie says:

I really miss Prentiss. Hoping to have her for at least one episode this season (Matt Webb, do you if this will be possible?). Anyone has a guess of who is leaving? My bet still is Morgan, but since Shemar is still filming would the character leave at the end of the season? Was it just a Gubler joke? Matt, enlighten us please. Gracias

• I seriously doubt Paget is able to do one episode, she’s busy with another program on another network. And I think that program got a full season order. So she’ll be busy with that. Same as Jane Lynch, I want her back badly. All of us in the CM fandom do. But she has a show coming up soon.

And I heard it would be two leaving. I do know Matthew is directing the episode, but he has never done a finale so, odds are it may be before the finale. Or maybe a two parter like episode 21 (theoretically) he directs, and someone else does episode 22, the finale. I don’t know which one he is doing yet.

But I’d be sad if Shemar left for sure. Now time for curiosity snooping.

• Angela says:

I hadn’t heard anything about two people leaving, just the one. If it does wind up being two, though, then I imagine it’d probably be one of the regulars, as Matthew noted this past summer, and Tara who leave, since Aisha’s probably not going to stick around past this season, given she’s got “The Talk” and “Whose Line” and other things to get back to or continue working with.
        Matthew is directing episode 18, from what I’ve seen, so yeah, it won’t be a season finale sort of situation (unless he does happen to wind up directing another episode around the time of the finale, which would be fun). So the team member who’s leaving will be doing so during that episode, and my guess is it’ll be related to the culmination of the Dirty Dozen storyline (I remember there was an article a while back saying that that storyline wouldn’t stretch out to the season finale, that it would wrap up before then). If that’s the case, given how invested Morgan’s been in that, I think that further lends credence to him being the one to leave.
        I don’t want any of the regulars to leave, either. But so long as the person who’s leaving isn’t killed off, I’ll be happy.

2. susan says:

Where is dr. Reid? He’s been gone for 3 weeks.

• Kalli says:

On screen, he’s visiting his mom. Off-screen, I have no idea what the reason is for his off time. I initially thought he might be prepping to direct, but his episode is a lot later in the season and most tv shows give the director a week to prep. I hope Matthew is okay!

• Angela says:

As far as I’m aware, he’s fine. He just had other projects he was working on that conflicted with filming the show. But this last episode was the end of his break from the show-when the show returns in January after the holidays, so will he :).

3. Sandra says:

This is my favorite show on tv. I watch the reruns on ION too.