Exclusive
Once Upon a Time Dorothy Warrior

Once Upon a Time to Bring Back Dorothy Gale as an Oz-some Warrior

Is Dorothy Gale trading in her gingham dress for a warrior’s wardrobe?

TVLine has learned exclusively that ABC’s Once Upon a Time is plotting to revisit the plucky lass, who previously was seen in the Season 3 episode “Kansas” (then played by Matreya Scarrwener, now age 17 and co-starring on UP’s Ties That Bind).

ONCE UPON A TIME DorothyThing is, when next we encounter Dorothy (midway through Season 5B), she will be in her late 20s to early 30s and will have evolved from “the iconic, pig-tailed girl from Kansas” into “a brave warrior for good.” Having been sent home to the heartland with three clicks of her heels — courtesy of the “Wizard” (aka a duplicitous Zelena) — Dorothy returns to Oz looking to reclaim the magical land from the Wicked Witch, whom Regina just ejected from Storybrooke.

Who would you cast in the recurring guest star role?

1. Mark says:

How’s that going to work, since most of the main cast will be in the Underworld?

2. Leah says:

Well now we know Zelena will just use the slippers to get back to Storybrooke lol

3. iPortman says:

Obviously Felicia Day!!!

• tvjunkie says:

if you want to seriously miscast the part I suppose. The last thing I think of when I think Felicia Day is a warrior. She’s was great on Eureka, but I just can’t picture her as a warrior.

• iPortman says:

Dollhouse, Buffy and Supernatural are three shows where she kicked ass. I think she would be great for it… She has the agility to be physically convincing and the campy humour to fit into OUAT… Actually, she went to Oz in Supernatural and came back a badass ;)

4. Nick says:

Ok, this sounds a lot like Emerald City on NBC storyline, about a warrior Dorothy.

5. My only question is what about Arthur and the rest of those in Storybrooke. Wit the main cast in the underworld, wll Arthur make a play to take over Storybrooke since the supposed leaders up and left? There had already been signs that others in Storybrooke aren’t to happy wit the Royal family. Be a perfect time for him to sway everyone to his side.

6. Jackie says:

Well, that’s unexpected. Not sure how I feel about it. I don’t care for Zelena — she’s too over the top for me — so anything that focuses on her doesn’t excite me. OK, maybe I do know how I feel about it!

7. I hope this means the core characters don’t stay in the underworld for the entire duration of the arc. As much as I wanna see several deceased characters coming back for closure, I can’t be arsed with another half-season arc revolving around one new location. The Camelot arc sucked ass.

• Seiko says:

It really did. It started out interesting but Merlin was useless and Arthur just a jerk whom Merida should’ve killed three (or four) episodes ago, and the “secret” is dark Hook? What a pathetic reason to cause madness, and there was zero resolve too. Also they didn’t need to focus on Camelot for that many episodes, and they failed miserably to be consistent with the “five years ago” thing as well, Rumple was definitely not there.

8. Gail says:

Did the Wizard of Oz just remain a flying monkey in the previous storyline? Was that story ever resolved? Will they bring back Christopher Gorham as the Wizard?

9. I believe Zelena will use Dorothy’s shoes to get back to Storybrooke :( Don’t get me wrong, Bex is EXTREMELY talented but I hate Zelena and I wish her gone :(

10. shkamidit says:

Meh. I love this show dearly, but I don’t care about Oz. Or the underworld, for that matter. There has to be a better way to keep the story going.

11. Diz says:

Zelena does nothing for me. She just needs to stay gone permanently.

12. Kate says:

Next to Downtown Abbey, this is the beat show on tv. I love all the characters and the twists. These writers are so imaginative!

13. Carrie says:

Honestly, this is ridiculous. How are they going to incorporate Merida, Ruby, Mulan, the Hercules gang and Dorothy? Are the regulars getting ANY screentime? Stop. Just Stop. I began watching this show for Emma and her family, not to see how many fairytale characters they could pack into one season. They’ll all be gone by the next season anyway.

14. Sr says:

I thought Zelena was more powerful than Regina

15. kathleen says:

kitty winter!

16. Wilson says:

This show is becoming more and more of a chore to watch. Hopefully, the creators will announce a magical final season to tie it all together. Ratings continue to drop and all these “secondary” are getting tiring. Also, I called it on Gold getting his powers back. 1) you can’t have the light without the dark and 2) the episode is all about being the man you want to be and who you will always be. Hook chose love and Gold chose power. Nothing surprising there and kind-of disappointing if you ask me. Now you’re going to have these “new” 1st 1/2 season characters, plus all the “old” ones who have died, plus our regular cast?

17. Leslie Adair says:

I think its a great idea! The show itself is about all the fairy tale characters that’s the point of the title; plus we never knew what happened to dorothy after she left, id personally love to see what happens next. This show is a great show, it gets you away from reality & as an adult gives you all your favorite fairy tales in a new perspective.

18. Jessica smith says:

I think Jennifer Lopez should do it ornif she can’t Iggy azeala

19. Wendy Clark says:

I watch this show on Netflix as it isn’t shown on tv here in the uk. I Love it, Love it, Love it!! Yes, it gets a bit messy ( too many characters ) and confusing ( jumping from place to place ) but, it keeps us watching doesn’t it? And talking about it! I’m wondering if anybody agrees , that series 5 has been different from the first 4? I can’t put my finger on why though. Not as good somehow?

20. Rita Byford says:

Favorite show on TV..It’s all good..Each character plays their part so great..Keeps you trying to figure out whats next an who’s coming to town .Just wish we could atleast see the reruns..now…we would watch them everyday..Love it…Just bring it on…

21. Adam says:

Tania Raymonde for Dorothy!!!!!

22. Alex says:

Eliza Dushku

23. Tristian says:

It has been my theory for some time now that we are heading towards a Once Upon A Time in Oz spin-off. I think this is another sign of that.