Post Mortems

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg: Deadly Showdown, Aftermath Sparked Texting Frenzy Among 'Shocked' Cast

TVLine asked Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fans if you were done, finished, finito with the treacherous Grant Ward, especially on the heels of him gunning down Rosalind Price and then overseeing the torture of Simmons and Fitz.

For those who voted “yes” to wishing Ward gone, Tuesday’s midseason finale ultimately satisfied you… and then ripped the rug out from under you.

On the other side of the portal, Ward and his HYDRA henchmen dragged Fitz around, while Coulson was roused back to consciousness by a vision of Rosalind. Soon enough, Fitz located the hatch to Will’s subterranean hovel and leaped inside. Ward & Co. followed, but spared the spaceman’s life because Fitz insisted he was the key to finding the mighty Inhuman they were tasked with bringing back to Earth.

Will and Fitz bonded as they trekked across the terrain, where Will led them into a sandstorm. In the frenzy, he took out several HYDRA soldiers. By the time Ward did realize what was afoot, he was taking fire from Coulson.

Will/Fitz and Coulson/Ward then continued their journey through the “No Fly Zone” to the portal location. Arriving at a ridge, they looked out over the remains of an ancient civilization. Will related how the planet was once home to nine cities, but the beings warred amongst themselves to extinction, never realizing their “beautiful” potential. Fitz rightly asks, “How do you know so much?”

Because I was there.”

Concurrent with hearing that tidbit, Fitz takes a gander at Will’s wounded leg, which he discovers has a massive cavity revealing exposed bone. Realizing that Will is no longer just Will, Fitz tries to flee, but a scuffle ensues. Will gains the upper hand and goes to crush Fitz’s bean with a boulder, but Coulson intervenes with gunshots. Ward seizes that opportunity to make a run for it, and his and Coulson’s own skirmish gets underway.

Seeing “Will” making tracks for the portal, Fitz grabs Coulson’s gun and puts five bullets into the being, felling it. When it rises up again, Fitz fires a flare gun, turning his target into a ball of flame.

Coulson and his Mitt of Might meanwhile best Ward, and then pin him down. With his prosthetic pressed against wheezing Ward’s chest, Coulson is poised to snuff his foe but holds back … until a memory of Rosalind enters his brain. Reminded of that fresh wound, he bears down and finishes Ward off. But as Coulson and Fitz race for the closing portal, we see a slug-like something slither out of incinerated Will’s mouth….

During all of this interplanetary action, Mack carefully preps a team that includes Daisy (have they never called her Quake?), Lincoln and Joey to infiltrate the HYDRA-fortified English castle and seize control of the portal. Simmons meanwhile uses a Lincoln-induced power outage to escape confines. Stumbling upon and hearing out caged-up Andrew, she makes the decision to unleash Lash on Malick’s goons — which proves a little too effective, May later discovers, as the prickly beast also mauls to death his fellow Inhuman captives.

With the seconds ticking away, HYDRA at their doorstep and no one knowing what might break on through from the other side, interim S.H.I.E.L.D. director Mack makes the call to launch an airstrike on the castle, turning it into rubble… though not before an escape pod carrying him, Daisy, Fitz and Coulson flees the destruction. Back on the Bus, Daisy, Fitz and Coulson are embraced by Lincoln, Simmons and May, while Coulson and Fitz trade a look that speaks volumes about what happened on the planet. Speaking of….

In the post-credits coda, Malick is fleeing to the airport when what appears ahead of his car in the middle of the road but Grant Ward — or, let’s say, “Grant Ward,” who is in possession of the hand Coulson “killed” him with and is now the human host to whatever slithery thing creeped out of Will. Malick seems to recognize what has transpired, and smiles a pleased, sinister smile….

After screening the episode, shield-coulson-fitz-lookTVLine invited Clark Gregg to weigh in on Coulson’s deadly blow and the ticking bomb now set to one day blow up in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s face.

TVLINE | When you first opened the script for this episode, did you know which way it was going to go when Phil had Ward pinned down?
No. I didn’t know. I knew that I was going through the portal and that Ward was on the other side. I knew that it was going to be a pretty final showdown, and yet I was not prepared for reading that script. There are a few scripts over the course of the 55 or whatever we’ve done that generate a stunned text [message] thread amongst the cast, and this was one of the most active and shocked text threads. At the same time, I love what they came up with in terms of paying off the showdown in a completely final way, but at the same time leaving us the brilliant Brett Dalton still to play with.

TVLINE | Do you think the memory that Phil had of Rosalind was the last nudge he needed to go ahead and kill Ward?
I do. I do. It’s such an interesting moment they wrote, because he couldn’t leave Ward on the planet. It really gets down to the heart of leadership. I think [Coulson] is going to spend some time trying to figure out whether it was an act of vengeance or an act of protecting others, or both. But I don’t think it’s going to sit well.

TVLINE | You could see that in the look that you and Iain [De Caestecker] exchanged at the end. You can tell that a lot was weighing on Phil in the aftermath.
Yeah, I think it’s something that was really touched on in the episode. There are a lot of ways in which Ward and Coulson were on very parallel and linked journeys, and in some ways they both undergo very deep transformations in that episode, from which they will never wholly return.

TVLINE | As far as Phil knows, Ward’s dead back on the planet, so I can’t even imagine the team’s reactions if they ever lay their eyes on this thing that he has become.
Yeah. It’s not something we’ve arrived at yet [in filming], but it seems to be a pretty astonishing moment that probably lies in our future.

What did you think of the episode “Maveth,” Coulson’s choice and Ward’s “resurrection”?

1. laurelnev says:

Man…we were SO CLOSE to finally being rid of Ward! My guess is we’ll be seeing a Lash vs Ward-Creature second half of this season. If ANYTHING can take down Ward-Creature, it’s Lash.

A+ mid-season finale there. Glad to see May’s softer side hanging around for a while. :)

2. lori says:

Awesome episode! Be careful what you wish for with Ward, but glad that Brett Dalton will still be with the show.

3. Dj says:

When Coulson crushed Ward chest with his robot hand that was the best moment in the entire series. It just sucks that that creature is using his body as a meat suit.

4. Mare says:

Well, at least Ward is finally dead? Hopefully, they can’t bring him back from this.

• Bob says:

Well that would be awful.

• no I wouldn’t, the grant ward we know is dead anyway. Dalton will only be around now for as long as it takes them to defeat this inhuman whos using his body

• Bob says:

Unless of course him fighting the creature who controls his body ends up leading him to redemption. :)

• John NYC says:

The creature takes over the dead. Will died saving Simmons, that’s how he got taken over. So that’s how Ward got taken: he first died.

• Will died and was possessed and died again because he was burnt. It is possible Ward can still be alive if that thing can be extracted, exorcised or whatever without killing the host… And in this show, almost anything is possible. I hope I’m right because I hate to continue watching this show if they cut-off one of the original characters especially Ward.

5. Kat says:

I’m a little disappointed that Will died saving Jemma, but not surprised, and mostly disappointed only because I desperately want Dillon Casey to stick around on a decent show for once. Oh well. Glad Ward is dead. Yes, his body is possessed, and judging by how much about Jemma “Will” knew the creature will probably retain some of his memories, but this should finally put to rest all the calls for mass murdering abuser Ward to be redeemed. Not that I expect his fans to be quiet about their disappointment, but it’s no longer a thing they can condescendingly claim will totally happen someday. Ward is dead. He died like he lived, a murderous Hydra goon. Good riddance.

• Bob says:

Nope, Ward will be redeemed once he fights back what’s inside him. :)

• Ray says:

How can he be redeemed when he’s dead? I’m sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense. There’s no Grant Ward left to redeem.

• Bob says:

The creature will have all of his memories. It’s a sci-fi comic book TV show. All they need to do is say, “Ah, Ward is still inside there,” and once the creature is taken out or whatever, have Ward still be alive.

• aplwrites says:

IF Ward is “still in there” it is MUCH more likely that he is a willing host. Take into account everything he saw and said in this episode. He saw the history of Hydra and confessed that he felt his life had meaning for the first time ever, and it was due to this generations long mission to bring this thing back. Now he is the undead host of that thing? If he is in there, he is loving this.

• B3r3_949 says:

Well ward could totally be in there we can forget what happen with Coulson and TAHITI.

• davido says:

LOL complete nonsense

• Adam says:

Nope, he dead. Will died saving Jemma. “It” kills people and takes over their dead bodies. If “it” were to leave Ward’s body, he’d be a corpse.

• aos7 says:

dude….you do realize that “Ward” right now is kinda something out of walking dead??? he can’t really be redeemed if he’s…you know, not alive??? plus, let’s be honest for a second, do we really WANT a Ward redemption? the time for that is long long LONG gone.

• Sam2605 says:

If ward can be redeemed. So should Will. Will is compromised.Ward must not be redeemed

• tvjunkie says:

He can’t fight back he’s dead. There is no Ward consciousness left. That is gone, done, past tense. His body is basically the walking dead controlled by a slimy slug like alien.

• KayCeeCee says:

I was disappointed too. I wanted Fitz to bring Will back from Gemma, so that he could have that moment of being a hero and bringing back her love to her. Will could have subsequently died from injuries or whatever.

• Sheila says:

She loved him for that time on that planet. IRL show-wise, those two would only have that horrid experience in common. Fitz is her love. Fitz already is a hero for all he has done and sacrificed to get her back, for his support and understanding her, and for trying to save the real Will.

6. Jimmy says:

Great episode but I’m so over Ward. He’s not even a fun villain anymore. It was great to see Coulson kick Ward’s ass.

7. Steve says:

I like Ward’s actor, just hated the character, so I like this scenario.

• MelindaB says:

Except that Ward already seemed improbably invincible; an Inhuman Ward is going to be even harder to get rid of. I like Brett Dalton, but Ward was getting beyond tiresome. If we lose any team members to NuWard, I will NOT be happy. I’ll still watch, because it’s an amazing show, but I’ll be grumpy while doing so. :-P

• KCC says:

I guess you’re going to be unhappy then. This “NuWard” as you call it, is the new major threat SHIELD has to contend with. It’s the same actor but a different character. The Inhuman inhabiting Ward does not seem to have any other special powers except to inhabit and reanimate a corpse. They hinted at it being able to affect people’s minds too. I guess they might develop that aspect. Fitz was able to defeat the reanimated corpse of Will, so NuWard should be able to be defeated too. Just burn it, blow it up or whatever would destroy a body. You can’t kill a corpse, so they’ll have to make Ward’s body uninhabitable to the creature, which wouldn’t kill the creature but it would no longer be in Ward’s corpse.

8. Lex says:

Great ep, but it wasn’t the jaw-dropper that last week’s was. Poor Will :(

Glad Ward is finally dead, I felt all along they should’ve written him out after season 1. He was just floating around being irrelevant through S2 and I never bought him being a Hydra leader/mastermind this year. I really felt like the TPTB kept Ward around out of affection for the actor, so at least they can do that now but without the baggage of that character.

9. So glad real Ward is dead, he really was starting to get annoying. And I’m guessing that “Ward” will be gone by the end of the season. Both Coulson and Fitz know Ward is dead, so hopefully they’ll make the connection about “Ward” fairly soon. Side note – I’d also like to see Lash turn good and work with S.H.I.E.L.D. and with that have Blair Underwood stick around too.

• Bob says:

Yep, “Ward” will be gone by the end of the season. And then Ward will be back. :)

• Molly says:

Lash is good, as far as good goes. Hydra was only rounding up the inhumans to be an army for the creature thingie so Lash killing them off is supposed to be protective to the human race, to ensure that Mr Creature won’t have that big army to fight for him. Let’s just hope Lincoln, Joe and Daisy aren’t wired to automatically join the creature’s army though, being inhuman and all.

• Isobel says:

Hm, boxing the majority of inhumans seemed to suggest they wouldn’t genuinely join the creatures army unless he actually needs to meet them in person. I guess it stops inhumans as a large group appearing before the inhumans movie, I just was hoping with Lash arrested that they would create a separate group of themselves apart from shield

• tvjunkie says:

Interesting idea, but with a big fatal flaw. Lash didn’t know why he was there, at least nobody told him on camera. Yes the reason was mentioned in the show, but not in the presence of any of the boxed inhumans. Therefore Lash most likely killed them for the same reason he killed all those other inhumans

10. Chris says:

If “it” was will how did he know bout fitz and bout Simmons? Did he retain some of his memories when he took him over? Also and was he just waiting for weeks in wills home waiting for fitz and ward like he knew they were coming?

• Adam says:

I suspect “it” knew they were coming. So what’s the deal with “it” anyway? Is the little worm thing “it” and is it an inhuman? How do you think it’s powers work? Inhumans usually have a human like body with powers, this worm thing jumps from body to body so maybe it’s not an inhuman, but something else. Confused!

• KCC says:

I don’t know that it “knew” anyone was coming back. Once it inhabited Will and gained his memories it probably thought Jemma might come back to rescue Will so it was best to be where she would look…and it had to beat “living” in the desert.

11. lindy says:

Whyyyy couldn’t Coulson just put a bullet in Ward’s brainpan (squish) for good measure/good riddance and a final finish? If the creature just haaaaaad to take Ward’s meat suit, couldn’t he at least have had a gruesome head wound? >< sheesh

12. coulson finishing off ward was the best and fitz torching will , i hope lash vs “ward ” comes full force
    great

13. B says:

hey how about don’t spoil the whole episode in your headline jerk

• Rob Britt says:

Watch the show when it airs or be careful where you surf, tool.

• Bob says:

Get out of here with that nonsense. Every other major site, when the headline shows up on Google, refuses to spoil the episode itself. Except TV Line, which made the original article name “Ward Dies, Becomes Inhuman” or whatever. Then they changed it. But it still shows up on Google.

• Brigid says:

It wouldn’t have spoiled you if you didn’t Google it. YOU searched for SHIELD, Google didn’t. Why would anyone search for information on a show they din’t even watch yet? Makes no sense at all.

• blair says:

Nope. Whole show’s plot is still in the title and URL. This site is almost as bad as the people who edit the promos for The Big Bang Theory and put a shot of the most important moment in the episode in the tease, no matter how short it is…

14. Chloe says:

Full compliments to the writers and especially the actors of this fantastic show. I felt so bad that Will died saving Jemma even though we only knew him for one episode. And even though Ward deserved to die, I still felt shocked and a little sad to see him go (sad because I’d miss the actor). But as soon as I saw the ooze coming from Faux Will, I knew we’d see Brett Dalton again. Still, I thought it would take a few episodes before Faux Ward made it back to Earth, so good on the writers for surprising me with bringing him now. I can’t wait for SHIELD to return.

15. James D says:

Haha I called almost all of that. the only thing i didn’t see coming was Coulson crushing Ward with his hand (Damn! that is some way to kill a dude) and Ward coming back as the alien which is an awful lot like that thing Khan used in Wrath of Khan :) Still awesome episode I can’t wait to see what happens next. Dang Ward is a Cockroach the guy won’t die.

16. Gideon Malick says:

I’m disappointed that they killed Ward. My favorite on the show, at least his body is host to the Hydra God. Well Be coming for you soon Coulson.
    Heil Hydra.

17. Bwhit says:

Fitz made it out!!!!! I can make it to March with that….

18. mike says:

for a brief second there I got the creature was going to transform into Fitz and Coulson would killed the real Fitz thank god that didn’t happen

19. Kevin says:

Ugh! Always the case in these super hero shows nobody is ever dead. It was time to end the Ward story line. Gets old and is the trouble with Marvel and DC shows and movies.

20. Carisa Tyler says:

Very savvy, exciting and thought provoking season finale!! Did anyone else notice when Coulson talked about Tatooine?! (Not sure if I spelled that right.) As in, a planet from Star Wars? Maybe a crossover down the road between Marvel & Star Wars. Or since Disney owns ABC, they were reminding us about Dec. 18th. ;)

21. MG says:

I googled Agents of Shield to find out what episode number the finale was, and the first result was your headline of spoilers. What the heck. Totally uncalled for! It’s barely been a few hours since it aired, make sure your URL and your Headline aren’t full of spoilers next time. Seriously, this absolutely sucks I don’t even want to watch it anymore.

• Miranda says:

Never google, just go to IMDb.

• NM says:

Next time, Google ” Agents of SHIELD, episode guide” then. That’ll give you the information you seek without spoilers. Just be more specific if you don’t want to encounter any information you haven’t seen.

• MG says:

Fair for on my part, but on their part it should at least be fair to title the article something less clickbaity, and something more appropriate for an intelligent television review. Agents of Shield Season 3 Midseason Finale Was A Shocker, or anything even remotely along those lines would’ve been much better. Ward dies, becomes inhuman? Come on, this isn’t a news report. Even something as simple as putting the word Spoiler before the spoilers would help.

• Katherine215 says:

Sorry, but as soon as something airs live, it’s fair game. You want to watch it later, that’s up to you, but you can’t expect the rest of the world to help keep you spoiler free. That’s your job. There’s plenty of shows I don’t watch the same day they air, and I know I’m running the risk of accidentally spoiling myself. You make the choice, you live with the consequences.

• Miranda says:

It’s not a review, it’s a recap. Makes it fair game for spoilers.

22. Steve F. says:

Great episode… but the moment I saw the slug-thing crawl out of Will’s mouth (RIP, we barely knew ye), I thought about a sci-fi movie I saw in the 80s called “The Hidden.” In it, alien slugs controlled humans by crawling through their mouths – and it has an AOS link through its lead, Kyle Maclaughlan.

As for Ward… can’t wait to see what Brett Dalton does with the meat suit!

23. For a “game changer” episode, it pretty much concluded in exactly the way I, and most people, expected which is disappointing!

24. Beacon4 says:

I need to know when coulson kills ward, then the alien uses wards body. Is the real ward alive again or dead.

• John NYC says:

The giant rotted hole in “Will’s” leg says : dead.

Fitz took one glance at that hole and knew that wasn’t Will.

25. I think Ward is dead. The creature took over Ward’s body just as he took over Will’s body
    prior to Jemma’s return.

26. Hollie says:

Speechless. That was one special hour of TV. I’m actually very surprised they killed off one of the OT6, even if it was Ward, and I feel like there was an option to give him more of a storyline at the beginning of the season but the writers chose this path and I’m satisfied with Ward’s ending. I’m glad he wasn’t given a redemption arc, because that would’ve been just downright bad storytelling, but I’m also glad the actor gets to stick around because Brett Dalton is a joy. I’m also fairly satisfied with the closing of the Fitz/Will/Simmons love triangle. There’s enough there for the characters to have conflict and remain ‘interesting’ (although domestic FitzSimmons wouldn’t be that bad) however we don’t have to suffer through a full blown Twilight style love triangle. It’s a shame that we lost Will and Ward, both good characters played by good actors, but it was executed to perfection, really. The episode closed the plot of the first half of the season with grandeur, and left a few threads sticking out to pull on in March. Overall a great episode, still on it’s stride. See y’all in January for Agent Carter!

27. Jr says:

Who puts the spoiler as a headline? “Coulson kills Ward” after google search from this website. Thanks for letting me know…at least a spoiler alert mate.

28. Argyll says:

If the creature can be killed by killing the body it’s in, then how could it go to Ward’s corpse? Ward was dead and not a viable body.

• Sam2605 says:

I don’t think someone told that creature can be killed by killing the body it is in

• Dj says:

It wasnt just killing the body. The body was already dead. Fitz pretty much had to destroy Will body to stop the creature.

• Night Owl says:

See, what’s the lingering question that I have. Of course, it does appear that the body wasn’t dead from being shot. However, burning the body may have made it uninhabitable.

29. meh says:

When Dalton leaves is when I stop watching. Coulson is about as bland as they come, Fitz/Simmons are going no where fast, and Daisy’s arc is nearly dead. The rest aren’t even worth mentioning except for Hunter/Bobby who make me cringe every time they’re on screen.

• Adam says:

I suppose that’s your opinion but I just don’t know how anyone can hold that view. Except for Daisy’s arc and I think that’s going to pick up a lot of speed in the 2nd half. Some characters just need to make room for others at times and Skye had a lot of focus over the first 2 years so it’s kind of been good to let some of the others have a bit more of the spotlight for a while.

• Katherine215 says:

I agree! Coulson and bland are not two words I’d use together. He’s hilarious. I love Fitz/Simmons, and Hunter and Bobby are both good for some really lighthearted, comedic moments.

30. peterwdawson says:

Well at least Ward’s not not really Ward anymore. A third season with the character really did seem excessive.

31. DrSensible says:

You do NOT get rid of someone as complex and interesting as Grant Ward! Now that they’ve killed him off (and they did, even with the actor remaining on the show) I’m actually a lot less interested in continuing with the show. Grant Ward was kind of a shallow and boring character for a lot of the first season, but after the big Hydra reveal we were able to see a far more layered individual who was seeking only to help the man who saved him from a long jail stint after rightly attempting to kill some of his monstrous family. Immediately following season 1, Grant did nothing but help the team only to be shot and left for dead or sent off for execution. Grant, oddly enough, is probably the one truly heroic person on the show, even if some of his good deeds were done through questionable methods. Killing him off is a damn travesty…

• Phil says:

Finally, someone who understands and appreciates Ward as a villain. I would not go as far as saying he’s good or heroic through questionable methods. He is a despicable human being, who is way past the point of redemption, and that is a great thing for the show.

• Dj says:

I don’t think people are denying Ward being a great villain. But for every truly evil villain there comes a point where he does some thing so horrendous to the hero that that villain story arc has ran it’s course and it’s time for him to die. Ward had reached that point.

32. Tinner01 says:

c’mon, don’t put the entire mid season plot twist in the title of the recap. that’s just rude

33. Dean Vukovic says:

thank god ward is not death this show would be doomed without him..The only actor who knows how to act in this show, but this episode was very borring and I hoped Coulson will be death in this episode what a bad actor has no idea how to act…

34. The way that creature is reminds me of the Yeerks from Animorphs. 90s kids back me up here

35. Takeru says:

Woah.. Huge spoiler title much? Seriously?

36. partisan says:

The cast was “shocked”? I (and a lot of other folks) called this already. The only thing we didn’t get was the bait and switch of them trying to make us think Ward was dead first (I didn’t buy it for a second).

And how did the Big Bad get to Ward, reanimate him, get to the portal before it closed, get out of the castle before it blew up, AND get in FRONT of the fleeing bad guy? Coulson and Fitz barely made it through but there was time for Big Bad to get through with no one the wiser?

Nothing against the actor but Ward on the screen had reached the “nails on a blackboard” stage for me. I’m going to have to give serious though to how bad I want to watch this show if he becomes an even bigger part of the show now. First smug smirking villain scene from him and I’m changing channels

37. Joey Padron says:

Episode was good and intense. Glad the team is reunited again. Not good Lash is on loose again. Not good about the ending what Ward has become. Can’t wait for 2nd half of the season in March!

38. Gerald says:

I’m still confused how the slug got all the way over to Wards body and then infect him and get him to the portal before it closed and before Mack blew up the castle and then how “Ward 2.0” got on the road in front of the Fleeing Malik. Otherwise a good episode.

I also wonder if the the slug was the great dark evil that haunted the planet. I thought it was an actual being that Hydra was looking for, not a parasite that infected other beings.

39. LM says:

I have to laugh at those who saw this fall finale as a fail or subpar, because, if they didn’t like the episode, why are they watching the show. Or are they? Love to be negative in any poll, eh?

40. Hope says:

I’ve found this whole storyline hard to be a part of since Coulson knew Ros for all of what? a week maybe? week and a half? this show is nowhere near as character driven as it used to be I think, because honestly at this point very few characters are sufferable. sigh. this used to be my favorite show. if they’d stop killing off women for shock value/man pain… well it’d be a start at least.

41. Phil says:

God, so much dumb Ward hatred. He’s a bad guy, he’s supposed to do bad guy things. Hating on him for doing what the character is supposed to do is like hating Daisy or May or Coulson for doing good guy things. Ward as a villain completely revitalized his character. Am I the only one who remembers flat and boring Ward from season 1 pre Hydra reveal? I’m pretty sure Ward as Ward is dead. The fact there was so much baggage and bad blood between him and the good guys added an edge to their conflict, added motivation. I can sort of see him still being alive, as the thing that took over Will still had his memories. I just hope that if that’s the case, they don’t try to pull a redemption arc for him, it would undermine everything they built him to be.

42. mikekramer12 says:

Why did colson leave his hand behind?

• Vola says:

I was wondering that too. Anyone have an idea?

• Jenny says:

I think it was because Coulson doesn’t want to be reminded of his cold hearted act for vengeance every time he looks at his robotic hand. He needs to believe that he killed Ward for the right reasons otherwise he’s just the same as Ward.
        “Ward” bringing the robotic hand back makes for some interesting dynamics that could be played out for the rest of the season.

43. DM says:

What is it gonna take??? Ward needs to go down hard core and yes he’s dead, but I still will have to look at him. That used to be a nice, cream-filled center reason for my Tuesdays, but now I hate him. I hate him so much. :(

44. James says:

Yep, called it after last weeks episode. Ward would be killed off and then used by the creature. I wasn’t expecting them to use the creature from the movie “The Hidden” though. They even had to kill them the same way by burning the body so the parasite would leave. Maybe it’s a nod to Kyle MacLachlan since he was the hero of that movie.

45. John NYC says:

Ward’s continuance helps them avoid “monster of the week” runs and overall that’s a good thing.

46. Excellent episode, trip to the planet reminded me of Stargate right down to the uniforms of the troops.
    And the body controlling alien/inhuman.
    Good to know that they wrote a way for Brett to stay on the show…he is no longer Ward but a inhuman. Perhaps he can turn on Hydra and join Shield…or at least help them like the Hulk.

47. Nadine says:

I was very angry when Ward turned up in the form of the creature. How is it possible he made it through when it was collapsing. There was not enough time for the creature which looks like it could be some sort of worm to crawl to the body of Ward and then make it to the wormhole. I was so disappointed that I might not watch the show when it comes back on.

48. Dark Defender says:

I thought it was a great twist (post credits).. because up until then – I thought the creature was in Coulson.

49. Cody says:

I Googled “Agents of Shield season 3” and the first thing that popped up was your headline, which spoiled the hell out of this episode. Shame on you. Be more responsible, please.

50. Larry Bowdish says:

I really wanted Grant Ward dead and left behind.

He has done nothing but cause misery to everyone else.

I would have thought Fitz and Simmonds would kiss again.