The Blacklist Fall Finale Season 3

The Blacklist Renewed for Season 4

The Blacklist won’t be running out of names anytime soon: NBC has renewed its James Spader-led drama series for a fourth season, TVLine has confirmed.

Series creator Jon Bokenkamp broke the news Friday during an interview with the podcast The Blacklist Exposed.

“We knew about that a while ago. It’s one of those things that’s hard to keep quiet. But yes, we’re renewed through the fourth season,” he revealed. “Hopefully we don’t tank that out. We’ve got a lot of story to tell.”

The Blacklist‘s Season 4 pickup continues NBC’s early renewal trend; Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and freshman thriller Blindspot have all been greenlit for additional seasons in the last month.

Are you stoked to have more Red, Liz & Co. on your screens? Hit the comments!

1. Olivia says:

Expected, but still awesome!

2. MissEllys says:

Methinks I should add this to my summer binge watch list.

• Mallory says:

Methinks you really should. :) It is very well done. And James Spader is so underrated as an actor, but he is brilliant in this show.

• tvjunkie says:

Underrated? I think not. He’s won multiple Emmy awards. I’m not sure how you think he can do better than that.

• Hmm says:

He is underrated with viewers. He’s been absolutely brilliant in every role since The Practice. And even though he’s won Emmy’s (3, mind you, all for the character of Alan Shore) he’s not largely talked about as an acting powerhouse in the media or among viewers. Which is a damn shame and, in my mind, makes him underrated.

3. Melisa says:

Love the show James is a very talented actor can’t wait until it’s back

4. Simon Jester says:

Good news. I feel like the “Liz on the run” reboot this season has really freshened the series.

• Gern Blanston says:

I liked it at first, but it went on a little too long for me. While Liz and Red had a good story the rest of the cast seemed to not have much to do. With that being said, I am really glad that it got renewed. Even with my minor quibble listed above, it is still one of the most enjoyable shows on TV.

• Simon Jester says:

Well, it’s only been eight episodes, but I guess “too long” is in the eye of the beholder.

• vfc says:

Once Liz shot the AG and “killed” him (I am still wondering if there will be a Sloan-like resurrection!) I KNEW they would not be able to wrap it up in two episodes. Just wouldn’t make sense. Lizzie was actually captured two episodes before I predicted she would be, but she was captured just before winter break…Now to see how they are going to get her out of killing the AG. Everything else she is accused of I can see going away more easily b/c she didn’t do it. But no matter how you look at it…She shot smiling Tom Connelly. And he fell down on his face. How can she possibly return to “Agent Keen” status? To be worked out…

• Cyn says:

Red and Liz on the run was the best ever!

5. Mr. Tran K says:

BEST. NEWS. EVER. Always hooked since the beginning. Can’t wait to see what Red and Co. have in store for next season.

6. Nancy says:

Fabulous news!!!

7. Mak says:

Knew this was coming…but still it’s great to see it confirmed.

8. Sunny says:

Great news—-Lots of Tom Keen please.

9. fiberlicious says:

One of the best shows on TV – Hurray!

10. davido says:

Great! Love James Spader! And hopefully Tom will die this season. There is no purpose of that character, and his prick trollin’ is contrived.

11. Tina Knickerbocker says:

Awesome News! It’s by far my favorite TV show! Love James Spader! He & Megan have great on screen chemistry together. Love Dembe, Mr Kaplan, Glen etc.

12. Annie says:

Excellent news.

13. Walkie says:

They need to totally regroup and get back to what made the show work in the first place. The mystery of Red and Liz’s history. The emotion of the show has been absent.

• vfc says:

I am actually glad that Red and Lizzie have some alone time together this season…she is now learning so much more about who her friend Red is, and he is definitely including her in more of the conversation. That kind of closeness builds emotion.

14. Sam says:

Hi Rebecca, Deadline said SVU was also renewed. Is that true? Via Deadline: “The network already gave early renewals to freshman breakout Blindspot and Dick Wolf’s Law & Order: SVU, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.” Has it been picked up for season 18?

15. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show got renewed for season 4! Season 3 been good so far.

16. vfc says:

Absolutely! Great news. This is the TV show that actually got me to watching TV again.

17. bee says:

I’m stoked to have more Tom. Great actor and great character…

18. K says:

from K why does’nt Red just tell her that he is her Dad !

19. Jeannette says:

The BLACKLIST, smart series, and Jame Spader deserves a People Choice Award, or a Emmy, or a Sag award , he is Red.

20. Mimi says:

OMG! Freaking LOVE The Blacklist show! I live my life through Red, Elizabeth Keen and Aram. Doug is stupid!! More, more, more Blacklist!!!

21. Stephanie says:

Love, love the blacklist. Absolutely the best show on TV.

22. Ellis Cattan says:

My wife and I absolutely love this show. James Spades is so charismatic in his role as Raymond Reddington, the mix of him being a killer with a heart is such a great touch. The way he delivers those one liners are so humorous, yet we take him seriously. I would love to go on and on about how wonderful the rest of the cast is, but I’ll stop here because I have such praise for them all I’ll run out of space. I will leave with this being said, BRAVO, to all the writers and contributors to this television series. I hope to be viewing for years to come. Thank you so much.

23. AWhiteHorse says:

James Spider is amazing, and the ensemble cast has become a TV family we care about. The story arc has just enough predictability to keep me happy here and there, while staying fresh, and keeping me guessing. Amir Arison is wonderful; I could go on. So many great faces. Bravo.

24. Linda says:

Best show on TV . Have watched since begininning

25. jrsamoa1952 says:

This has become the BEST series to hit air in many years. Spade has set a new high bar for actors that have gone out of their usual comfort zone into a charactor that really expresses the depth of their acting ability. This is an awesome show something so many other networks can only deam about. Thank you!

26. Ann Picklesimer says:

Can barely wait for each episode…was not a big Spader fan before this …he and all co-stars are fabulous…do I dare dream that Liz has survived…and did she orchestrate all of this …or…was this all orchestrated by Red…or will we even know by this seasons end?

27. Amard says:

So bummed about Lizzy dying. IT won’t be the same without her. Wrong.

28. Ginny moser says:

So happy blacklist is renewed !! I hope it continues to do well because i absolutely love the show and James! Xoxo

29. Kelly and Todd Hardaway says:

Please don’t let Liz be dead! She is so much an important part of this show!!!! It won’t be the same without her!!! Certainly not as good!

30. Chris Zarnowski says:

Please do not break up the Lizzie/Red dynamic!

Love Jarmes Spader. I thought she was great in Boston Legal…..Blacklist IS James Spaders show

He owns it !

31. Helen Braun says:

I have enjoyed the series, glad it has more to come. So hare to be in “show hole” until the new season starts!

32. Tammy P says:

I absolutely loved last night’s conclusion of “Mr Solomon”! I got so emotional watching the performance of James Spader’s Red saying goodbye to his beloved Lizzie. It was such a well written exciting episode but very sad to see Liz die! I hope it’s just another elaborate ruse to save Agent Keen! I can’t imagine Red without Lizzie to protect!

33. Lady Marsha says:

My family look forward to Thursday night. As we have the show set to record, we watch it live, then watch it again at our leisure. Fascinating show! All the characters work well together. Love it!

34. keshav says:

Is elizabeth keen really dead or there is a chance of her coming back

35. Lyndsey says:

I would like to know what are they actually going do in this season considering they’ve killed of lizzy . Lizzy and red was the whole reason the show was made and take Lizzy out and what you got ? It’s pointless . The programme is all about Liz and red and their relationship , we haven’t found out how there related as yet , we haven’t found out hardly anything . I feel that mr kaplin (his loyal woman friend ) has set lizzys death up and they stopped her heart and it was to get red out of lizzys life , think about it, mr kaplin talked to Lizzy and the doctor , why? . It was to set this up so Liz Tom and their child could live a normal life .

36. Lori- from Illinois says:

I love the blacklist. I love James Spader, he’s brilliant actor. I hope this won’t end soon.

37. Mel says:

I really hope Liz being dead is a ploy to make Red think she is gone and she is secretly revived- I LOVE Blacklist – hate to see a spin off fail? Love Spader – Love Liz character too?.

38. Wtf was happend there in 3/18 blacklist . A feel robbed of blacklist now . A wait week in and week out just to sit and enjoy the blacklist now a will need to find a good show now . Am realy unhappy with what happend

39. Nicola says:

Don’t think I could watch it if liz isn’t coming back I wanted to see the whole red n liz father daughter dissusion. .. and all the wtf omg no not you .. moments after it lol have fell in love watching the blacklist didn’t move once every episode came on … fingers crossed liz isn’t really dead ….

40. E. W. says:

For those of us who enjoy a strong female lead and have been following Liz’s story the show will not have the same appeal without her.

41. pattycee says:

what about Liz’s and Red’s past?! You never let him tell her that he is her father? Common guys you just took out 1/2 the team!!!

42. Margaret says:

Can’t wait and hope this series goes on and on, please don’t make lizzies death true, it won’t be the same.

43. Greg says:

Best brilliant’s triller show I saw ever.Thanks!

44. Jie says:

Would love to see James Spader hook up with William Shatner again. In Boston Legal they played their parts to perfection! Any chance they team up ?