Brooklyn Nine-Nine is giving its resident optimist a bitter pill to swallow.
Joe Lo Truglio’s Charles will soon come face-to-face with his ex-wife Eleanor, to be played by Transparent actress Kathryn Hahn.
According to EW.com, Hahn will appear as Charles’ unfaithful former flame in the Jan. 5 midseason premiere. The episode will also welcome back Mary Lynn Rajskub as Boyle’s current girlfriend, Genevieve.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine airs Sundays at 8:30/7:30c on Fox, before it relocates to Tuesdays at 9 pm in January.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Tony Perez will reprise his role as Regina’s father on Once Upon a Time‘s upcoming 100th episode, EW.com reports.
* NBC has scheduled an encore of The Wiz Live! for Saturday, Dec. 19, at 8/7c.
* Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King have sold the drama Vatican City to Amazon. Per Deadline, the project centers on a female American news reporter working in Rome who becomes the papal spokesperson and must deal with centuries of sexism in the Vatican.
* HBO announced Friday that it will debut Mapplethorpe: Look at the Pictures — a documentary about the provocative artist Robert Mapplethorpe — in April 2016.
* CBS’ prank show I Get That a Lot, in which celebrities fool everyday people into thinking they’re not actually celebrities, returns with a one-hour special on Wednesday, Dec. 30, at 8/7c.