Bones Lawsuit

David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel's Bones Lawsuit: Will It Derail Season 12?

A 12th season of Bones may not be such a sure bet after all.

Series stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, along with executive producer Kathleen Reichs, filed a lawsuit on Monday against 21st Century Fox, Fox Entertainment Group, 20th Century Fox Film Corporation and Fox Broadcasting Company in pursuit of “tens of millions of dollars” they believe they’re owed.

In a nutshell, Boreanaz and Deschanel — along with Reichs, upon whose Temperance Brennan novels the Fox procedural is loosely based — believe their work has made a substantial amount of money for Fox (more than $100 million), yet they haven’t been sufficiently compensated. The actors claim they’re contractually entitled to 3 percent of the series’ profits, while Reichs is owed 5 percent, and neither has received satisfactory payment.

Adding fuel to this already touchy situation, the trio’s lawsuit comes just days after Bones executive producer Barry Josephson filed his own lawsuit against Fox. That suit drums up quite a bit more trouble, alleging that several Fox execs threatened to cancel the series in 2009 if the show’s producers — including Boreanaz, Deschanel and Reichs — didn’t agree to lowering the episodic license fees for the then-upcoming fifth and sixth seasons.

New episodes of Bones return Dec. 10, but with the long-running procedural suspiciously MIA from the network’s 2016 schedule, you have every right to wonder whether this lawsuit could negatively impact the show’s future. A source close to the show tells TVLine that it’s unclear if the suit will have an adverse effect on a potential 12th season.

What are your thoughts on this legal drama, Bones fans? Do you think — maybe — it is time for the show to take its final bow? Whatever you’re feeling, drop it in a comment below.

1. Jake says:

Please sail this sinking ship…It’s a good show, but been on way past it’s prime.

• Peter Foster says:

It is time to finish the show with a fitting send off. I have loved this show for years, but it is creatively getting weaker and the show should end before viewership falls off. I want to see how the stories of Booth, Brennan et al end.

• Pst says:

It’s ship has sailed, I’d still watch a season 12 but it would only be out of habit and to see how it ends. Really just hum drum now.

Just hope it doesn’t turn into a Slider situation where the showrunners and or studio screws with each other so much that they give us a crappy ending to get back at the studio.

• Jake says:

I agree, I say give it a good send off, it at least deserves that…It is not horrible like I said but don’t run it into the ground like Pst hinted at.

• John says:

The ship has certainly not sailed yet. I think this new revolution with Jack in the wheel chair is like a new beginning to the series

• Cira A Claypool says:

i agree with John. I guess it doesn t matter what we , the viewers think. Fox refuses to pay, and the show is being cancelled. I am upset with Fox. Bones is one of maybe 2 good shows on Fox.

• It will be a sad day in our house when Bones is canceled, too!! My husband and I love the show and it’s the ONLY reason we watch Fox. You would think they would keep their more successful shows so as to keep their viewer base. WHO knows what goes through the minds of these folks when they are planning their shows and their schedules. I agree and do NOT believe they take the viewers into consideration. They are STUPID people!!

• Babs says:

Has any one taken in to consideration of the actors involved All actors even the supporting rules even this is an important decision involving several teams working to make it so we have Crews we don’t see directors producers lights voice editing storylines people that work on this have jobs in this series and another series they never know they never know from paycheck to paycheck whether they have to research other series find out if they can work on those or take out a loan to feed their family or pay tuitions or everyday things that take a salary you need to think beyond the plot.

• sierra says:

Please never end this show. Honestly this show is so good Ive been watching it since i was 7. It os honestly so good and it should never end, but when it does end they should bring back zach from earlier seasons and (pops) booths grandfather. Maybe they go to hanks funeral i dont know but something. Maybe end it in like 3 or 4 seasons. Not ready for bones to die yet .

• Jim Mulvey says:

Two things about “Pops” : Leroy Jethro Gibbs must be Seely Booth’s Uncle since Pops is Gibbs’ Dad and Booth’s Grandad … and now it’s all a moot point since the real “Pops” died this past year.

• Sherry Andes says:

I totally agree with Sarah – but please somehow bring Jack back to us and not in a wheelchair – he adds so much to the show and he and Angela were just discussing having another baby – I love Bones

• Karen Leutz says:

Yes absolutely. Jack is one of th linchpin characters. Somehow he must be okay

• John says:

If they do that though they reuen the teriffic plot line they set up in the first place. Fixing Jack is the worst thing that they can do now I think this show still has a long way to go with Jack remaining in the wheel chair. It adds a little spice to the story of the show.

• Linda says:

I love this show so much I’ve watch season 1-10 at least 20times all the way through never will stop watching this show my husband is slowly buying all the seasons for me I only have season ten on DVD but I will get there because i will watch it till I die 😄

• Emily G says:

yes I agree with that!! Bones is my favorite show, it has so much more than 1 more season left!

• Donna Gruber says:

Sierra, I agree. Anyone who does not like Bones…..why are you even commenting.?
        And, since I never do this, or routinely do face book, or hardly read my e-mails don’t reply to me.

• Morgan says:

If the show does end, I agree that Zach should come back, he made the show so much better!

• John says:

I didn’t really care for Zach. He seemed kind of out of it and dull and then he became the apprentice for the Canipal cereal killer.

• John says:

I agree I will watch this show until i die and i am only 13 and i have been watching this show sense I was 8 I have watched every episode a dozen times please never end this show.

• Joann says:

I really love this show I have watched it since it came on . Please bring the show back

• Linda says:

No it has not been on to long and you don’t need to push cancellation faster then need be shame on you 😔🙅

• Arleen says:

Linda, if you don’t like it there are only 200 other stations to choose! Get a grip!

• Sheila says:

Arleen, You get a grip!!!! The fact that you felt complelled to even reply to Linda’s comment is just so annoying and disturning. Bones is a great show and yes, shows definitley have a time where they need to end. Everyone is entitled to their opinions!

• John says:

No it hasn’t I think now with the plotline that they have set up now with Hodgense in the wheelchair, its got a long way to go before a proper sendoff to the viewers.

2. Cancel the damn show already! It’s painful to watch. Lord have mercy WHY HAS THIS SHOW LASTED SO LONG? It’s like back in the day of why certain shows that nobody watched never got cancelled like Nash Bridges, Hawaii Five-O, and Jag, oh wait , while I am here why Is Castle and The Simpson’s still on? I ‘m done now..

• anon says:

I guess 5 to 6 million nobodies watch Bones every week

why are you so bitter?

There is enough TV shows on many platforms that you can watch, stop being such a whiny baby and go watch them, and leave the people who still enjoy these shows be

Geez, grow up

• Lexi says:

I so agree with you! If you don’t like the show watch something else!

• John NYC says:

Pretty much this.

Though anyone can have an opinion.

I just happen to still enjoy the show. For those that don’t the solution is as close as your tv remote. I’ve done that to shows and it works remarkably well.

• Anon says:

Yep, I just don’t get what satisfaction people get demanding to cancel a show and ruining others enjoyment…..Use your remote, stop watching: job done.

• Lucifer says:

Well, because people who really loved a show and cared about the story and characters become annoyed once it’s run its course and becomes a shell of its former self *cough*Supernatural*cough*. You still watch because you feel loyal to the characters, but it becomes less entertaining and more of a chore. So you just hope it will have a proper finale before it becomes extremely ridiculous. While it might confuse you to why people don’t just change the channel after 11 years and would instead like the show to conclude, it makes sense to me.

• suzl says:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but demanding a show be cancelled because YOU don’t enjoy it, ignoring the opinions and wishes of other…I don’t understand.

• Mary says:

I am still a huge fan and would like to continue to watch. Those who choose to condemn just change the channel and leave our show alone.

• Teresa Prentiss says:

I agree! I love this show!

• Marci says:

Thank you, anon! My sentiments exactly.

• Mary says:

I well said.

• Karen says:

Bones needs to continue new seasons indefinitely. Totally love the show & all the characters, especially David & Emily

• Delirious says:

No idea about him, but I’m personally bitter with the show, because I’ve been a fan for ages (since it started airing here in Spain), and once they decided to hitch Brennan and Booth together, to me the show went downhill. I went from having a show to follow weekly, to something I don’t mind watching if it comes on tv, but I’m not “losing my butt” (as we say here, “perder el culo”) to follow it every week when it airs. So yeah, I’m actually pissed at the show, and since I doubt it’ll ever go back to what it was, I rather see it go away with some dignity…

• Anon says:

Booth & Brennan have been together since the end of season 6…..that’s an awful long time to be bitter & pissed about a TV show….let it go…move on…let go of the bitter, I am sure you will be a happier person, find a new TV show. There are plenty out there.

Fox won’t care. Not a Nielsen viewer.

• Anon says:

Or perhaps you meant since they got married?

Even if, my comment still stands, that was season 9, this is S11…awful long time to be bitter & pissed over a TV show….move on, life is too short.

• John says:

Everyone who has a brian cares it is the best show out there and fox could take a huge hit canceling the show. And if you don’t like the show why are you even commenting on this page?

• S. says:

It’s not even just about letting the people who do enjoy it get on with said enjoyment. It’s also about wishing the end of the livelihood for many many many people. What do you think all those crewmembers are gonna do to pay their mortgages or put their kids through school? It’s not like the show made *them* millionaires. How many hundreds of people would you like to fire because you think it’s more important to end the show than for you to change the channel?

• heather says:

👍👏

• Lucifer says:

You realize that’s part of the business, right? I highly doubt the crewmembers working on Bones right now were there even six years ago. It’s a constantly rotating workplace for production crew workers. Claiming the main reason a show shouldn’t end is because the crew will be out of work is foolish. That’s like saying a movie should stay in production for a longer time so the crew will have more work. And while many of you seem to think the people calling for the show to end want it abruptly cancelled, that’s not the case. Most of us would prefer a whole season or at least a half of one in advance. Which would also mean the cast and crew would have time to find other work.

It’s not about wanting a show to end because you hate it, it’s about realizing a show has creatively run its course and because you still care about it you want it to have a decent conclusion before it gets too ridiculous.

• fangirlwriter says:

I’m sure the production crew CAN find more work after a series ends, but it isn’t true that they move around nearly as much as you think. Why would you leave a steady job any more than in any other profession? With the work being so transitory in general, at least for movie production crews, it wouldn’t make sense for people in the crew to want to be rotating that much. And it certainly wouldn’t look good on a resume’ to be leaving jobs constantly. Most crew members working on tv series stay there. The crew becomes like family. It’s like that here in New Orleans & I’m told it’s like that elsewhere (Hollywood, Vancouver, Atlanta, etc.) as well.

• Sandy says:

Thank God!! A voice of REASON!! I watch Bones and Castle every week….and look forward to them…..A lot BETTER than some of the new ones who show no imagination beyond going to “OUTER SPACE” or something else “weird”. I’ll watch Bones and Castle re-runs every chance I get just to have something “decent” to watch!!

• Lori Stanford says:

I absolutely agree, Sandy. I, too, watch Bones and Castle re-runs. I do not feel Bones has run its course; I can imagine many new twists in this beloved series. Hodgins’ paralysis is an excellent example. As for the law suits, there must be some legitimacy to the suits. After all, FOX would not be making astronomical amounts of money from this series if not for the excellent character portrayal by all the actors and the inspiration derived from Kathy Reichs. I hope they win their suits and FOX continues the Bones series. I so prefer a good drama to the nonsensical ‘reality’ shows that are taking over precious air time.

• Kim says:

I so agree with you, thank you

• Annalise says:

Omg absolutly, there is so much trash tv out there bones, ncis, castle.. Those are some of the last few standing and so many people worry theyre on the chopping block… Im honestly about to cancel cable if theyre canceled because theres just nothing else to watch thats not basically rated R except HGTV

• d282 says:

I was just on TV Guide’s website. They have a list on their website for 2015-2016 returning TV shows. Bones was listed on there. However, it is not on the 2016-2017 list. So there is hope that sometime this year Bones will be back.

• Pamela Nault says:

• Petar says:

Exactly !

• Erin says:

Agreed!! I still love the show and look forward to new episodes

• Susan watson says:

Anon( is that really your name?) what do you watch in TV? Were you raised on Ren and Stimpy or Baywatch? If so I can understand your dislike of the show but there are still many fans of intelligent TV

• Linda says:

Thank you I agree don’t whine on a page you know will just give you negative attention when you bad mouth Good shows but some of these people seem to like being told to go away and keep your opinion no one wants it

• Cathy says:

Calm down. Obviously, it would have been canceled already if it wasn’t making money.

• anon says:

Exactly, Fox isn’t a charity, they renewed Bones for 11yrs because it makes them a ton of money, some people just don’t get that.

They don’t want to give Bones any props for being such a lucrative money maker, that still has a healthy viewership, that is still standing despite being on everynight of the week on every timeslot in the last 11yrs.

• Sandra Holl says:

and they put it in places which hurt theIr ratings so Fox could still make that money from overseas viewings and * 3 and * 7 viewings uping their RATINGS THUS PROFITS!

• SammyBuca says:

Viewers and Fans do have huge say especially with Fox. Does anyone remember a little animated show called “Family Guy” which was resurrected after it was cancelled. There was such a loyal following just like with Bones that they should let it run its course or atleast when ratings and viewers are dwindeled down much more. Thats all i think and yes end it on a good note instead of abruptly or something like “Sopranos”

• LIly says:

Nobody? lol, you don’t like something so millions of people should lose it just so that YOU are happy? If it’s painful to watch WHY ARE YOU WATCHING IT? and if you aren’t, you have no right to complain about it.

• Boiler says:

Blake why are you watching if it sop painful. Shut up and go away

• Chip Ramsey says:

I trust you will seek treatment for your ADHD…

• mw says:

because you are STUPID and don’t know what a good show is!!! jackass!!!

• mw says:

Blake Charlton, because you are STUPID and don’t know what a good show is!!! jackass!!!

• Joseph says:

JAG and Castle are too great shows JAG may be one of the best all time. There still is a lot of room for bones to continue to grow with cam now out of a relationship where would she go. And character building.

• Petar says:

Good for you !

• Linda says:

You don’t seem to like these shows but a lot of people do and the show is great it’s people like you who get good shows cancelled before their time why don’t you read a book thats what I do when there’s nothing I like on television

3. John NYC says:

Sad, a tail as old as The Rockford Files where James Garner filed suit for the same reasons: overly creative accounting to zero “profits” to get around contract obligations to the actors.

• rowan77 says:

He also filed against Warner Bros. for the same thing with the Maverick series. He won both suits. Garner was not one to trifle with.

• heather says:

David Duchovny also sued Fox for a similar lawsuit, If I remember correctly, he settled with them and the show continued.

• John NYC says:

Thanks I hadn’t remembered that. One detail that stuck was the revelation that they charged themselves $50,000 as a “delivery expense” for driving the final cut across town to the network…..

And now I have that song from The Producers stuck in my head…. “Winter for Poland and France….”

• John NYC says:

Speaking of “creative” accounting and all.

• heather says:

It’s very interesting, to me anyway, that Fox have knew that this lawsuit was on the cards since April 2014, and yet Bones has had two renewals since then – S10 and 11.

• David says:

Didn’t Linda Hamilton from the old Beauty and the beast series, want more money on her contract renewal?..The producers said no way and they killed her character off.

4. Staci says:

I was ok with season 10 being the last season, so I’m okay with season 11 being the end. However, I hope they are able to have a proper send off. Hopefully, the show is given a heads up to when the show will end, and the writers are able to write a proper series finale.

• Kvivik says:

I don’t think they should wait for a heads up, they should preplan for a season ender that could also be a series ender (ie no cliffhanger, a reasonable round out of storylines).
      They should also do this with Castle.
      This way there isn’t a chance of a Glades style series ending episode (there are plenty more examples, but Glades is the one that came to me).

• 'Lesley Ford says:

After all this time, I am still ticked off on how they let The Glades end!

• Gern Blanston says:

Matt Passmore was on Sportsnation on ESPN a couple of weeks back and in the course of telling a sports story of his he mentioned that at the time he was working on a show in Miami. Knowing the timeframe I knew that he was referring to The Glades. I got immediately irritated and changed channels. There has never been a show cancellation that has gotten to me like that one.

5. Jeri says:

I think they’re still doing a good job with the show. The entire cast is great, although I do still miss Sweets, John Francis Daly. I hope this is not the end. But they absolutely do not have the right to short Kathleen, Emily & David on their profits as spelled out in their contracts.

6. Luis says:

In the words of the great Michael Ray Richardson, the ship be sinkin’

7. anon says:

Fox never showed Bones any respect for last 11 years, just schedule it move it about wherever, no shock they don’t want to give Kathy, Barry, David & Emily what they were promised.

I knew this wld get serious Barry when filed, he is a well a respected TV producer, he isn’t going to take that of Fox

8. Gilded Lady says:

Between being expensive to produce and the dropping ratings, the suit would give them an excuse to cancel. Just depends on how woeful everything else is!

9. The show is definitely past its prime, but these would be unfortunate circumstances to bring the show down.

10. Layne says:

The show has run its course. Time to cancel.

• Sandy says:

If you Don’t like it…..Please watch something else and let those of us that appreciate the show and the characters, watch it in peace!!

11. Ruth Ann Walker says:

No, No, No, I am not ready for Bones to leave, Season 11 has been outstanding, the Producers say there are many more stories to tell & if Ms Deschanel & Mr Boreanaz are up to continueing, I say, Yes go for it………BONES IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV………I SUPPORT MS DESCHANEL, MR BOREANAZ &
    MS REICHS 100% …….They have been faithful for 11 years…….FOX is the one that dropped the ball by cheating/deception……Fans are requesting remainder of S-11 & a new S-12+.

12. hello says:

I am calling it, ending-announcement before the week is over

13. Richard A. Vorpe says:

Move to Netflix.

14. kmw says:

Bones has been treated like crap for a long time. David and Emily and everyone else involved deserve whatever has ben cheated out of them. They yank this show to almost every night and give it little to no promotion and its a wonder it still has fans at all. Whether this affects another season to me it seems it would but you never know. To many of us fans Bones is a terrific show that isn’t past its prime at all and deserves better than what FOX has given it. I appreciate the fact that everyone at Bones isn’t letting this issue affect what we see on screen. David and Emily in particular seem like they are having fun. I really would like this to be cleared up because I don’t want the rest of their season to end up in summer on Saturday night

15. Nancy says:

Fox should be ashamed it’s ‘shady’ accounting has been exposed. Hopefully, the cases will all be settled out of court. Interesting, the show must be pretty successfully money wise, Fox just down plays it and hides the money for Rupert Murdoch instead of owning up to the contracts they signed. Reminds me of Fox ‘news’….I don’t trust it. They tamper with the truth, just like they tamper with their accounting.

Money is money, it depends on how much Fox is raking in and how much they are paying out. I don’t believe they have been honest in the past. The future depends on the bottom line and what they have in the hopper. It’s also the last season for Idol. Time will tell if it’s the last for Bones.
    But I think this explains the long drawn out negotiations of last year! LOL
    Anyone know if the tension in the courts has spread to the set?

• kmw says:

If you have watched the show this season it clearly hasn’t. Every show so far has been great and they all look like they are having fun. And you are right this explains last years negotiations as well. FOX apparently has done this before so chances are they will settle but will we get a good send off? Right now that is doubtful.

• Nancy says:

I agree on the surface all looks good on set. The undercover episode looks great! Then we get this news! lol How is it going to work everyday when you are suing your boss? lol I only wonder if it will be tense going forward. But again, the big honchos are not on set daily. But I bet the set is humming!

• Jenn says:

It seems to me that they have made the choice to not allow it to effect the show. It would also kinda be self sabbotaging to allow the shows integrity to be compromised. I think that would give them fuel to cancel. As far as the lawsuit goes, people should pay what they agreed, period. I mean if the actors were just looking for a bigger pay out, the. Id wonder if the show is done already. I understand what you are talking about. I had to make a sexual harrassment claim against a superior while at work. I still had to work with him despite everything happening. (Not the same as a lawsuit) but the awkwardness was real. I say hats off to the cast and crew for sticking to the saying “the show must go on”

• LIly says:

well there’s the fact that fox knew about this since AT LEAST April 2014 but they (fox and db, ed, kr) agreed to wait till Nov 30, 2015 before they would proceed with the lawsuit. So if it were to change the atmosphere on set, we would have known about it by now.

16. .. says:

David Duchovny similarly sued FOX for selling syndication rights to its own FX network for wayyyy under market value, thereby denying DD of profits he was entitled to. He sued Christ Carter, too, because that whole syndication deal was apparently green-lit by Carter to get another show of his (I want to say Millenium, but maybe the Lone Gunmen) on the air, so he was culpable, too. Duchovny settled, for a rumored $20 million, so he must have had a solid case.
    Suffice to say, sketchy business practices have long been a hallmark of the FOX network.

17. LIly says:

The stories are still great and S11 have been amazing. The cast is phenomenal, they deserve better treatment. Fox always treated this show like garbage. I stand by David, Emily and co. But I’m sad. I was hoping for them to have a season that would be announced as the final one when it’s renewed, not that they decided in the middle, or worse at the end of the season that it ends. After so many years, the story/show/cast/writers/fans deserve a proper send off, not just one or two episodes. What they did last year was bad enough (they had to shoot the finale not knowing if it is a series or season finale). If the show should end up canceled, I wish they could decide that ASAP so that the second half of the season can be a proper ending. But I’m afraid they won’t know until it’s too late. :(
    Sigh, I’m so not ready for this show to end. It’s been my absolutely favourite show for years and I still love it very much. It still feels fresh and fun and I will never tire of Booth/Brennan – DB/ED’s chemistry. And just generally, the entire bones cast have got such good chemistry, the world will lose much when these people stop working their magic together.

• kmw says:

Right on with everything you said. This is FOX’S longest running drama and this is the thanks it gets. While on so many levels I think Bones can do one more year at this point I just want it to end right not just for fans but for every actor who has given a lot of their time and life into this show, and right now it sounds just like last year where it will be left up in the air. At this point I am hoping we get to see the rest of their season

• heather says:

I was hoping too when Bones final season was happening, it would of got announced when it got renewed too, so the cast & crew all knew they were working on their last season, and we could all give it a proper send off

A 11yr old show deserves to go out with more dignity than Fox is willing to give it.

HIMYM got a great send off, they knew when they got renewed it was their last, they got a year to say goodbye, had events planned, special moments were documented…they weren’t treated like the red headed step child like Bones is with Fox.

• Castlefan says:

I agree. IMO season 11 so far has been way better than season 10, so nothing’s going downhill and I’m not sure everyone who’s criticizing the declining standards is actually watching this year! Still looking forward to it every week, still annoyed about an apparent 3-month break after Dec 10th, and if Emily and David are owed money they should get everything due to them for more than a decade of outstanding work.

18. Bonesfan47 says:

I’m really tired of people saying they should cancel a show they don’t watch or like anymore. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it should be cancelled especially when clearly other people like it as the ratings prove that. I would hate to see Bones end as I have been watching the show since it’s second season and I still love the show and still never miss an episode and I know I’m not the only one who thinks that also I would never say they should cancel a show I don’t watch or don’t like anymore as I respect the people who do love that show.
    They also deserve their money so I am glad they are fighting for it as that is money that they worked hard on so I’m glad they are fighting I just hope it doesn’t cost us a season 12 as I would really hate to lose this show

19. Boiler says:

The show absolutely should not end. It has been a fun season to watch. It appears that much of this happened under Reilly’s watch which is not surprising given his current and past track records. If they did cancel the show they wouldn’t find anything worthy to take its place

20. kate says:

they should have cancelled it on 2009!

• heather says:

Cancel it in 2009 when it was getting ratings highs, some of their best?

Mmmm…..OK, your logic isn’t earth logic. (Buffy quote)

21. robandco says:

Well, this doesn’t look good for Bones. But if the show is successful they should be getting something.

22. A says:

I quit watching at the point when it seemed every episode had some political bone to pick. It became too embedded with the political positions of the people scripting and less about the mysteries and characters. It quit being fun. Should have sent it off two seasons ago (at least) while it was still a decent show instead of allowing it to be slowly drowned.

• LIly says:

In every episode? Sure, sounds legit. And even if, you don’t like “political bone to pick” so no one else can enjoy it? This way of looking at things “it should have gotten canceled when *I* stopped liking it” is very selfish and self-centered.

23. Liz says:

David, Emily, Kathy Reichs, and the producers deserve to be fairly compensated for their work, so hats off to them for doing this. However, the fans should not be penalized for this — Fox needs to show some class here and finish S11 as planned, and allow the faithful fans to say farewell to cast and crew. It would be cruel and heartless to pull the show mid-season without a conclusion.

24. Sarah says:

As much as I love this show. It should have ended when Bone and Booth choose to leave thor jobs. It was a nice ending I can say I watched the first two episodes of this season and not even caring what happened to Booth.

25. schiss says:

i have watched since the beginning. Currently tho, I DVR it and watch when I get around to it. I don’t think I’d miss it. I would like for it to end on a high note!

26. Jimmy says:

Would it be terrible if Bones ended? It’s not the show it used to be and the stories seem a little stale. Give it a goof sendoff.

27. Kaitlin says:

Emily, David, and the other producers deserve to be given what they were promised in their contracts. I hope this doesn’t affect a renewal. 11 years in and the show is still great! I hope it continues and is given a final season where the cast, crew, and fans know ahead of time so the writers can plan a brilliant ending.

28. KC says:

That’s it – it’s gone.

29. Tess says:

Wow. A lot of whining and hand-wringing over the idea of some fans wanting to see a show end. What’s wrong with wanting to finally reach a conclusion of an incredibly long story? Only obsessed super fans actually want to see their shows slog on for infinite seasons to the detriment of all else. Let them write and read fan fiction on tumblr and let the rest of us see the wrap up. Eleven seasons! Good lord. Quality over quantity people. Show me a person that thinks a show isn’t just spinning its wheels after 10+ seasons and I’ll show you a delusion liar.

• LIly says:

That’s not true. The people who yell “cancel the show already” don’t even watch it anymore. most of these people stopped watching years ago and now they feel like since they don’t like it anymore, how can it still be on? I’m not saying it’s everyone, but really most people who say that, don’t say that because they want good for the show, they say it out of spite. It’s always the same “this show was good years ago, now it’s crap, I don’t watch it anymore, cancel it already”. There is only very few people who want it to get canceled even though they still love, just because it’s a good time to cancel. Trust me, I’ve seen a lot of those “cancel it” comments, it’s mostly people who shouldn’t comment since they have no idea whether the show is in fact good or bad now.

30. J says:

This lawsuit will certainly kill Bones and any chance for a renewal. It’s ashame that for such a long running and popular show, Bones most likely won’t have any type of send off from Fox.

31. tazzy says:

Hey, I say let Netflix or Hulu pick up the mantle. We’d probably get an even better show!

32. Laura says:

Whether or not the show is cancelled ( I really hope not) it doesn’t change the fact that these people may have been cheated out of a huge chunk of change. I’ve enjoyed this season, so I hope it’s not cancelled but even if it is the suit will still go on. And honestly, Fox doesn’t have much else to offer so the network would be smart to keep these folks happy and keep the show on the air.

33. Lolo says:

I’m a big fan of bones and for those who say it’s out of habit or the ship has sailed is just an opinion that should be kept to themselves. It’s been on longer then any show on fox. They should get what’s owed to them and so forth. I hope they settle this and do at least one more season.

34. Dennis says:

Hate to say it, but it’s done.

35. Nicki says:

Noooooooo!!! I love this series!! I watch it on Netflix every single day! I even bought a ‘cocky’ belt buckle for my hubby to wear to court and some colorful fancy schmancy socks! Favorite couple on tv for sure! I wish they were together in real life😀

36. Timmothy Grey says:

I REALLY hope this show doesn’t get cancelled! It is the best part of my week; I always watch it with my family. It’s a great show, and a great cast.

37. Linda says:

My whole family lives Bones. Don’t cancel this show, almost everyone I know watches and we enjoy it tremendously. The show has a huge fan base and many loyal fans (BTW Lucifer- Supernatural also has a lot of life left! Huge fanbase with very loyal fans).

38. Lynn says:

They have every right to get what they deserve!! Good luck hope they win! I love the show hope it doesn’t affect it being renewed or not!

39. Sandra Holl says:

I am with Emily, David and Kathy all the way! Fox has been doing some really fishy things for a while now! Among them is the lack of promoting them, and putting them in a spot that reduced their ratings! IF Fox does not renew Bones I will NOT be watching Fox ever again!!!

40. Amanda says:

DO NOT CANCEL IT!!! IThe show is great and the chemistry is still there between the actors. Pay them what you owe them and lets get to the next seasons!

41. Sarah says:

No matter what happens, I’m so proud of Emily, David, Kathy, and Barry for going after Fox. The show and the cast and crew have always been treated like crap, IMO.
    Also, I wonder if Fox knew something was coming and that’s why there’s no return date yet?

• Sandra Holl says:

I thought of that too! I too of proud of Emily ,David and Kathy! They deserve what they contracted for ! I pray that they are not canceled for Fox’s shady dealings! I am with Bones all the way!!!

• kmw says:

Me too. Despite the fact this could impact the rest of this season and the show getting another year David Emily, Kathy and anyone else involved should get back what is owed to them. If FOX enjoys its ” cash cow” so much maybe they will be inclined to settle this mess and give the show the ending it deserves. This is just the latest in the long line of bad treatment Bones has gotten from FOX. I am behind BONES all the way too!!!

• heather says:

“This is just the latest in the long line of bad treatment Bones has gotten from FOX. I am behind BONES all the way too!!!”

This! 100%

• heather says:

Imo, Fox knew this was coming since April 2014 at least, in the lawsuit.

But here we are two renewals later :-)

• kmw says:

I am sure they did. I guess the real question is if FOX feels like whatever they have coming will offset them losing Bones. I personally don’t believe so which is why I think this will work out in the end. If and when this gets settled, as much as I love Bones, I hope they put an end date on it. Every year this show has to put with some kind of stupid nonsense and I am tired of it and I would have to imagine David and Emily are as well. It still amazes me that this show has lasted as long as it has with what FOX has done to it.

42. Amy B says:

I loved the show and the actors/actresses! I watched several seasons, but seemed like they were all sorta the same. When i can predict what’s going to happen…and it actually does, i know its time for me to call it quits.

43. B J Wieland-Doucet says:

I’d be sad if the show was cancelled but could understand if Fox wants to continue to cheat the stars & writer.

44. Debbie says:

I have always been a Bones fan. Followed their show being moved constantly when it didn’t make sense. I enjoy the characters and how they have evolved. I hope that if it is going to end it is done right for everyone- actors and fans.

45. Jess says:

I agree this show should have wrapped up seasons ago. It was a great show but now it’s more of the same recycled stuff. I’d like to see them get a proper send off though and not have it just be canceled leaving fans hanging.

46. William Swafford says:

You should get what you are entitled to especially since fox continually holds the cable channels hostage for increased rates to be carried.

47. Dee says:

I will keep watching as long as it is running. I really like it when there is a good plot and it runs for a few episodes. Stick to your guns!

48. mariah says:

I love this show. That is all I will say on the subject.

49. Jenn from NB Canada says:

Bones is a good show. I watch it because I like watching the characters interact. However fact is, it is the same thing every episode. It gets repeatitive after a while. It must be difficult to try to refresh a show like this without taking away from the origonal aspect of it. I personally think they should elect to end this show with a two hour action packed series fanalie. They should also do a crossover with Criminal Minds or CSI. But to drag it out could cause more people to stop watching it. I am the only one I know who still watches it. Everyone else says this “its a good show but repetative” so there. That is my thought.

50. Wow, no wonder so many actors stick with jobs they are clearly bored with if there is this sort of money to be made….I’m looking at you Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic.