Criminal Minds Spinoff Date

CBS Sets Dates for Criminal Minds Spinoff, New Wednesday Sitcom Block

CBS has released its midseason schedule for the 2015-16 TV season, and it includes the Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders spinoff, a Wednesday comedy block featuring Max, Caroline, Mike and Molly, and fresh Undercover subterfuge.

Undercover Boss will kick off Season 7 with three successive Sunday outings (airing Dec. 20, Dec. 27 and Jan. 3), before moving back to its Fridays-at-8 perch on Jan. 8. It will hang there until the new edition of The Amazing Race gets running on Feb. 12.

Mike & Molly will open its 13-episode Season 6 on Wednesday, Jan. 6 at 8:30 pm, where it will form a new comedy block with 2 Broke Girls. That sitcombo will occupy the 8 o’clock hour until Survivor Season 32 arrives on Feb. 17.

Taking 2 Broke Girls‘ place on Thursday will be Angel From Hell, a new comedy starring Jane Lynch and Maggie Lawson (premiering Jan. 7 at 9;30). Season 2 of The Odd Couple joins the Thursday lineup on April 7, replacing Life in Pieces in the apres-Big Bang spot.

Last but not least, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders — starring Gary Sinise (CSI: NY), Alana De La Garza (Forever), Daniel Henney (Hawaii Five-0), Tyler James Williams (The Walking Dead) and Annie Funke — will bow Wednesday, March 2 at 10 pm, leading out of the mothership series after Code Black closes its freshman run on Feb. 24.

1. Sam says:

So when will Mike & Molly finish its season? Was it picked up for a 22-episode full-season or just 13 episodes for the mid-season run?

2. Manu says:

Where the bleeping f is Person of Interest?

3. What happens to Mike & Molly and 2 Broke Girls when Survivor debuts?

4. MJ says:

Where is Person of Interest? I was thinking maybe it could take the Code Black spot when episodes are finished, but now it is Criminal Minds. I am not sure of what time slot it would have now. Could it possibly take Limitless? Would they wait until summer? All the other dramas have full season orders I believe.

5. BrightLight says:

CBS – America’s home for the most confusing primetime lineup.

Seriously though were are 2BG and M&M supposed to go after Survivor comes back? I’m pretty sure M&M’s season is more than 5 episodes long.

6. Locofoco says:

What about Person of Interest?!

7. Burkey says:

The lack of Person of Interest is worrisome. :/ Matt, what’s your guess on why season 5 isn’t on the schedule and what might happen with it?

• Dysturbed says:

Depending on production costs, maybe the lower summer ratings standards will allow for POI to have more than just one more season.

8. Joe says:

Really this is how CBS treats 2bg and Mike and Molly , I guess this is the last season for both

9. Angela says:

I know it’s only temporary, this Wednesday comedy block, but going from comedies to “Criminal Minds” when that show returns is gonna seem rather…jarring, no :p?

10. Stan Gary says:

2 Broke (Foul Mouth) Girls in the 8:00 slot? Disgusting!

11. steven says:

Didn’t CBS already try a Wednesday night comedy block with The New Adventures of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried and failed miserably?

12. I am CONVINCED “Angel From Hell” & “Beyond Borders” already happened! And at least the firmer was properly cancelled! (Also, I guess I’m just “Psych”-ic to see it happening again!)

13. ChiefSlapaHo says:

Not a fan of Sinise so no new criminal mind series for me…

14. Larc says:

If Sinese is in Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, I’m there.

15. Mr. Tran K says:

Shame on CBS for not giving POI a season premiere date and they forget to mention the TV version of Rush Hour.

16. Phil says:

So ends CBS’ reign…

They were so successful for so long because they did NOT play scheduling roulette. This is terribly confusing, and for what purpose? It certainly doesn’t benefit the viewers, it doesn’t benefit the shows – it just fills scheduling gaps CBS itself created.

• johnhelvete says:

What is your alternative than? CBS simply has too many midseason shows and their desire to keep the syndication factory going meant that they were not even willing to keep Code Black at 13 episodes.

• Phil says:

Program the summer. Don’t change programming plans midstream or at the last minute. Don’t expect your viewers to follow you. Drop football, cuz it’s not helping the schedule. At all. Create an actual, non-throwaway year-round schedule that doesn’t skip June. And continue to air repeats in show’s regular timeslots, because breaking a viewer’s pattern never works out for the network.

• Boiler says:

Alright!! Someone gets it especially with football. It is killing CBS prime time shows. How many people have they lost on Thursday alone?

• Bill says:

Football is killing there viewership? Have you ever seen the NFL #’s? The only shows that come close are Empire and Walking Dead, none of which are CBS shows

• Eric H says:

While they’re getting a quick cash infusion from NFL games, they are hurting their scripted series once football is over because people have found other stuff to watch in the meantime and likely won’t change up their schedule much once CBS does get things in their proper timeslot. They had a solid lineup a few years ago with only 1 hour of comedy and 2 hours of drama on Thursday but then they had the failed idea of going to 2 hours of comedy where only 1 of the 4-5 shows premiered there is still around.

• Jim J. says:

It’s mostly “Thursday Night Football” that is killing CBS’s shows’ viewership, and most of all, it caused a snafu in the network’s comedy division, reducing the available slots to four on a single night. Takes up 5 to 6 Thursdays of the season. I now hope there isn’t a third year of “TNF” on CBS.

17. Amy says:

When is Person of Interest coming back?!!!

18. DUNIAM says:

So glad De la Garza is back! Hasn landed a lasting role since ahe left L&O. Hopes she gets a long run with this.

19. Amy says:

Person of Interest is my favourite show, and I have been patiently waiting until January for the new episodes. Where is PoI, I want my show back on the air already!

20. Jerri says:

New Criminal Minds spin off? I wonder if they’ve learned anything from their last attempt to spin that show off. Guess we’ll see when the new show premieres.

21. obriensg1 says:

I like Sinise a lot, but I gave up on the brutality of the mothership many years ago. Won’t be watching this one.

I’d rather have Person of Interest back. I was also curious about Rush Hour.

22. bshaid says:

It’ll be good to see Gary Sinise on tv again.

23. bshaid says:

I read somewhere that CBS was gonna have a modern day Jane Marple running a bookstore. True?

24. Broadwayfan says:

So happy Gary’s new show has a starting date! I can’t watch the regular CRIMINAL MINDS. It’s too gruesome for me. I hope this one won’t be as bad. Because I have to watch it no matter what. It’s Gary!!

25. Ellie says:

So there has seriously been no announcement from a CBS rep as to why Person of Interest is unscheduled?! I don’t understand. They already cut the season order down to 13 eps and pushed what could have been a late fall airdate to a midseason one and now it’s not even there and not even on the spring schedule either. Aren’t they more than halfway through filming S5 as well?! This is one of the best show’s on television, the cast have been at comic con this year and all have been doing extensive press for S5. I feel like a few weeks ago I saw a new spoiler for S5 almost every week now I read there’s still no word on the airdate when they’ve released the midseason/spring schedule? Is this a dumb joke?! This is an expensive show to film, why waste millions to air it in the summer?! Poi never fared THAT badly ratings-wise and it’ll have been more than 12 months since the last ep if they air it then. The press the cast have been doing recently has created a lot of buzz and hype among fans that may subside by the summer. This isn’t a show on cable people are used to waiting extensive periods of time for. Surely if there’s enough of an uprise from the fans they’ll come to their senses. It’s been only a day and I’ve already seen people staring petitions and speaking to Netflix reps about the possibility of it heading over there. I think enough noise just needs to be made. *fingers crossed*

• Eric H says:

They’re actually filming the last couple episodes this month so the season will be wrapped for months before it’s even aired. Rumors are that the cast and crew have been told to look for other work because of how uncertain the show’s future is on CBS or any other outlet.

• Sam says:

The cast (I think all besides Amy Acker) have been pretty vocal about how they would like to see the show continue on another network or streaming service, it’s no secret CBS has never considered POI a priority because it’s a not owned by CBS. Even though when the show premiered it was the highest tested premiere for a crime drama in 20 years and long was one of the most watched shows on television. A lot of the ratings for S4 were still higher than ratings for Limitless which received a full season order. Jonah, Greg, Michael and Jim probably all saw this treatment coming hence why they’ve all been vocal about the show’s potential future elsewhere, they know CBS doesn’t want it anymore and they don’t want CBS to have it anymore. I think regardless of when CBS airs it, the actors are through with their contracts around April/May. Even if they do find work, it may not be as a regular cast member anywhere. Before POI, the amazing taleny that is Amy Acker hadn’t been a core cast member of anything since Angel. I’ve read that people who have spoken to Netflix reps have said Netflix is very interested in POI and very aware of its fanbase and are also aware of how the show has been treated by its network. Hopefully (unless by some miracle CBS wedges it into the midseason/spring schedule) if it does air in the summer, the actors contracts will have been only recently terminated and they will have to announce it’s cancelled at CBS at some stage and another network or Netflix can swoop in. CBS is kinda notorious for a not giving a damn about shows they don’t own, I think other networks and services are very aware of this. I hope this isn’t just me being optimistic but I think there’s still a chance.

26. Trina says:

If Gary Sine see is on anything I am free to watch anything else. He hasn’t been any good since Forrest Gump.

27. C A Hill says:

When will beyond borders be shown in th UK?

28. Longmire4ever says:

Person of Interest where is it???? November has come and gone. I have watched all of them again on Netflix. Would like to see the current season.

29. Robert Quade says:

Thank God for Netflix. I’ll start watch TV again when the programs sponsor the ads.

30. Shla says:

Mike & Molly can’t end!!!!! I love it so much, the whole cast and crew! This is just not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Stephen Otten says:

I totally agree with all of my fellow POI fans. CBS: Enough is enough already! POI is the best show on TV right now. Quit jerking us and this fine cast and crew around. Start airing S5 or let it go to Netflix!

32. Linda says:

I want Mike and MOlly to stay on—take off that dumb 2 broke girls instead———–Mike and molly plus the Mom’s and sister and bf are so funny…A great loss

33. Winona says:

I am SO very sad to learn that “Mike and Molly” are ending after this next season!!! I am very hard to please when it comes to sitcoms and Mike and Molly is one of the best!!! It is the only comedy sitcom, besides “Last Man Standing” that makes me laugh!!! All the others are just plain stupid!!! I think it’s a very BIG mistake to end that show!!! The same sad thing happened to “Rules of Engagement”, it was funny and they ended that show too. Mike and Molly is one of the best and I will miss it terribly!!! Please put something equal to that in a quality sitcom! All the other sitcoms out there are crap, NOT funny at all!!! :( :( :( Thank you

34. Angie Digioia says:

Well was really bummed when found our that Crimainal Minds: Suspect Behavior had only one season and was never given any other seasons after the first. Then when heard about Criminal Minds Beyond Borders with one of my favorite stars from CSI NY I got a huge smile back on my face. Can’t wait to see the first episode to see what surprises they have in store for us all.