Homeland Quinn Dies

Did Homeland Just Kill Off [Spoiler]?!

TV’s bait-and-switch death craze is officially out of control!

In Sunday’s Homeland, the Plötzensee prison terrorists exposed Quinn to a lethal dose of Sarin gas in what was an apparent test run for a bigger, far deadlier chemical weapons attack in Berlin. The side effects didn’t take long to kick in. Within seconds of the nerve agent’s release, Quinn began convulsing and drooling before collapsing to the floor to, presumably, do more convulsing and drooling. (Luckily, the episode ended just as things were getting pillow-in-front-of-the-face graphic.)

But, unlike those recent the fake-out killings on The Walking Dead and The Leftovers, Homeland gave us tangible reason to believe that Rupert Friend’s already-bruised and battered hitman will live to see another day.

Right before Quinn was escorted into the Chamber of Death, his jihadist buddy Qasim injected him with some kind of serum while whispering in his ear, “Maybe you will survive.”

Elsewhere in the episode, Carrie convinced Saul that his colleague-slash-lover Allison is a Russian spy (the fact that this development surprised him — despite all of her suspicious behavior in recent weeks — will go down as one of Homeland‘s biggest gaffes ever). The ever-crafty Allison, however, twisted the narrative by insisting Ivan was her mole all of these years and not the other way around. She succeeded in setting off Dar and (of course) Saul’s inner reasonable doubt alarms, but, thankfully, Carrie, was not buying what she was selling.

But back to Quinn’s fate, do you think that bad gas killed him? Vote below and then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Ws says:

Well we see him alive in the “scenes from next time”.. so he isnt dead yet

2. niloofar says:

if he is dead for real, the show just just lost a big asset.

3. Even if he survives, why would the jihadists keep him alive?

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope Peter Quinn will make it out alive now that Season Five of Homeland is down to only three episodes left. The series is always becoming more 24-esque and no word yet if it gets renewed for a Season Six which should happen sooner rather than later.

5. Nick says:

Seriously? This was spoiled for me even though I didn’t click on the article. I just googled “tv line” & this article came up. So thanks. & I’m upset cause this is like the tenth time that it happened.

• Ws says:

Watch the show when it airs and it wont happen again.

• Nick says:

Normally I do but today I couldn’t. The thing that annoys me though is that it’s not the first time it’s happened. It happened earlier with shows like Grimm, Arrow, Scandal, AHS, & OUAT. I can only watch so much live tv at once.

• Eiraul88 says:

Then I suggest you avoid websites that recap shows within the hour after they air instead of blaming them for doing their job.

• Nick says:

I didn’t want it to come across like that cause they do a great job & this is like one of my favorite websites. I just brought it up in case it like happens to other people. I wasn’t blaming them I was just bringing something up to see if it happened to others. Sorry if it came across like that but that wasn’t my intention

• Sammy says:

Actually what TvLine could do is not put the spoiler in yhe URL. Sometimes I come to read a recap of a show I dong normally watch and the thing u see first is the major thing thag happened. It can be weird and annoying. No other site I visit does that.

• Drewer says:

I feel you, sometimes Google links or the URLs of things spoil stuff that the recap title in the story crawl on the homepage doesn’t and it is annoying.

• Lee says:

Exactly, then google. At least don’t google before watching not tvline.com fault that’s for sure.

• esteban says:

What I don’t get is if TVline has hurt you so much before in the past why are you googling the web site’s name before seeing an episode?

• Nick says:

Either cause I want to read a recap of a different show I did watch(like tonight with OUAT) or cause (like on sundays) I wanna read the quotes of the week thing

• Lee says:

Do it after watching. If you can’t watch it exactly when it airs and you must google and can’t avoid spoiler alerts no one else to blame. Read the quotes when googling after watching just a suggestion. Can’t say it’s the second time this has happened !

• Zerb says:

If googling tv line repeatedly gives you the same upsetting and annoying problem then by all means stop doing that :)

If you bookmark the site and come to it that way, you will find that the headlines are less blatant.

• Nick says:

Everyone can ignore my comments. I know how to like fix it I guess. Sorry I couldn’t think of it sooner

• David4 says:

Why are you googling for a tv news and spoiler website when you don’t want tv news or spiolers?

• Saul says:

Should have learned the first 9 times b4 snoopin again. Lol

6. Jora says:

this website is a joke

7. George says:

Will Allison’s story holdup to a lie detector test?

8. Chris says:

Better not kill peter, that would be like killing Saul or Dara, they are the pillars of the show. But Damm keeps it interesting I guess. I’ve liked Peters role for a long time, provides anot her great story to Carys.

• winetaster13 says:

I could do without Dar. He is always hysterical, not a leader at all. He can’t see Alison is crooked as a dog’s hind leg.

9. Para says:

Quinn hasnt slept with Carrie yet right? I remember in the season promo there is a scene of those two doing it so I have been looking forward to that.

So he cant die.

10. This was exactly what the show needed after the past four episodes were mostly just hand wringing! There were some good old fashioned espionage action that only this show can deliver!

11. Cat says:

Thanks for spoiling the episode with the article title. Seriously.

12. Usually a man of his status has already been in a gas chamber to get use to it’s effects, and hopefully survive. Quinn and his action packed endeavors is mainly why I tune in to Homeland. Killing him off would be a big mistake to this show, when they haven’t introduced another great replacement for the viewers to love.

13. David Knowles says:

He survive, he was given the antidote before going into the chamber.

14. ajspree says:

even if quinn does survive…he’s done with the CIA…with his face splashed across the TV, he’s probably out of the CIA for good now…which is good if you want his character to be happy…bad if you like seeing his character be the badass assassin

15. niloofar22 says:

why my comments aren’t being posted?

16. Clandestine Green says:

Despite last season’s regretful affair with Slum Dog Millionaire…Homeland seemed to be back on track but this season it has been just a mess. It’s like the writers desperately wanted Carrie out of the CIA but now they don’t what to do with her.

17. Lynne says:

The terrorist he’d been talking to gave him a shot of atropine which is the antidote to the poison gas. He couldn’t dump the chemical as Quinn had told him because the gas had already been mixed and was in the locked chamber. As he injected Quinn he wispered “you may not die” or something like that.

18. Whamdolphin says:

I realise there is some uncertainty over Quinn’s fate, but titling this page as “Quinn dies in Season 5” is rather stupid. A potentially gigantic spoiler when you google “Homeland season 5”. Be smarter next time.

19. Jason says:

There is absolutely no friggin way that they would even think about killing off Quinn. He is the pillar of Homeland.

20. Ryan says:

Dude, they better not kill off Quinn. They can kill off Carrie….take her. That’s fine. I much prefer the Quinn Homeland files. He makes the show.

21. Noreen says:

Carrie and Quinn did make out after her father’s funeral, but she told him she was no good for a relationship. As far as Quinn being killed off….he is credited in the cast for all of the season’s episodes – so hopefully the credits are not just from the video of him dying….

22. Ron Creswell says:

Some kind of serum? It’s not that difficult to follow. He was injected with atropine which is used by the military for nerve agent poisoning or by civilian hospitals for insect poison ingestion.

23. J.Reese says:

After Brodie Quinn was my favourite character. If they kill him off, I will stop watchin homeland. Like many people did after season 3.

24. foreseer says:

I think Quinn will survive the sarin, but the moment you all think everything is finally OK, they will kill him off in the stupidest possible way. Car crash or something.

25. Robyn says:

Quinn is not dead. Sunday will prove that to big a part in the show. Relax 😀

26. Smitty says:

Almost every episode this season I said, “there goes Quinn bleeding again!”. Sheesh! I love him and his character. I don’t want to see him die. He is on a ventilator next episode and starts seezing after Carrie badgers him for his knowledge of the Berlin attack. Doesn’t mean his character is alive or will be up walking around in season 6. :-(

27. Pieps says:

Don’t kill off Quinn… he make the show.

28. Gloria Roberts says:

Please do not let Peter Quinn die. He is outstanding next to Carrie in Homeland. Everyone knows this so please bring Quinn back!!!!