Once Upon a Time Photos: Dark Hook vs. Rumple, Zelena Wants Her Baby

This Sunday on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, Hook does battle with — no, neither shampoo nor a razor — but a former Dark One aka his lonnnnnngtime nemesis Rumplestiltskin, as seen in this fresh crop of photos.

In the penultimate Season 5A episode, “Broken Heart,” Hook — who just learned from Emma that back in Camelot she fated him to be a fellow Dark One, to save his life — seeks revenge anew from Rumple, putting both of their fates in jeopardy.

Camelot flashbacks meanwhile will reveal how Emma and Hook disagreed about their best course of action after she made her highly questionable call, as those past events catch up to the current timeline and set the stage for a confrontation between the forces of light and dark.

Elsewhere in Storybrooke, Emma, Mary Margaret, David, Regina and others embark on a new mission — one that apparently requires each person’s dreamcatcher, as seen in the slideshow below, while Zelena apparently seeks some quality time with her and Robin’s newborn daughter.

1. Devin says:

I hope Hook gets his revenge, its long overdue.

2. Ally says:

It’s a shame that they made a joke of the whole Dark One mythology and the role of the Dark One after all the great work Robert Carlyle put into it. And all just to prop their pet characters/ship.

• Lily says:

After how Gold was written last season, this is an improvement. I love Robert Carlyle’s work as Rumplestiltskin, but he is really killing it as mortal Gold this year.

3. Lisa says:

Dark Hook is HOT!This man will kill us fans one day with his looks combined with an incredible talent of Colin………….
    LOVE this season so far.Best OUAT Season for sure!

4. Ana says:

Since I love Killian Jones immensely and also am a huge fan of Colin’s acting I’m very excited and thrilled to see him take on the role of the Dark One. I’m sure it will be thrilling and heartbreaking and devestating and powerful. Colin will shine no doubt in this role.
    Plus, the potential for Emma and Killian’s relationship to grow even deeper is also great. I’m sure thy will overcome this, too. They’ve been each other’s light and hope in a very real way for a while now and while overcoming this ultimate darkness will be their greatest challenge, I have absolute faith in both Emma and Killian that they will.

5. Denny says:

Dear God. The last sneak peak killed me.
    Colin is doing an amazing job. His chemistry with Robert is one of my favourite jn the show! More Hook and Rumple please!

6. ninergrl6 says:

I’m soooooo excited about this episode!! I just saw a clip of Hook confronting Rumple (posted by the official OUAT Twitter account) and Colin O’Donoghue totally nailed it. From the voice to the mannerisms to the creepy glare, this is certainly a Hook we’ve never seen before. For all of his so-called dark deeds in the past, it seems like Dark Hook is a whole new level of vengeful badass. Enough with people fighting the darkness inside themselves; Hook obviously embraces it (as he knew he would when he begged Emma not to do this to him). It’s exciting! Way to flip the script, Adam & Eddy.

• Ginger Snap says:

Yes, I think a Dark Hook is what the show needs. Because that other Hook they’ve given us the last two years was tiresome and dull.

• Lily says:

Except, this arc will be over within the next two episodes. Judging be the sneak peeks, Dark Hook is suffering from a mental breakdown. Also, Colin O’Donoghue appears to be playing it for laughs, in Storybrooke. Which is still infinitely better, than Jennifer Morrison’s vanity project as the Dark Swan.

• Vanity project? Seriously? Do you know enough about Jennifer Morrison to make such a comment? I agree that she sucks as the dark one, not at all be livable, but don’t blame the actress for what the writers decided to do. They gave her a chance to be badass and play against type – anyone would have grabbed the opportunity.

7. Honestly, I’m ready for this half season to be over. Emma just isn’t believable as the dark one for me. There is only one dark one, and that is Rumplestiltskin. I’m able to swallow it now that we see she had a good reason to do it, but it’s been pretty ho hum for me.