Legends of Tomorrow Premiere Date

Legends of Tomorrow Gets Trailer and Premiere Date, Plus The 100 Returns

The CW’s Thursday line-up is transitioning from bloodsuckers and werewolves to superheros and post-apocalyptic hotties.

The Arrow/Flash offshoot DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will, as was rumored over the weekend, debut Thursday, Jan. 21 at 8/7c. (Watch a fresh teaser below.)

Leading out of the timey-wimey superhero series will be Season 3 of The 100, airing Thursdays at 9 pm.

In turn, both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals are relocating to Fridays starting Jan. 29, as detailed here.

To help make room for TVD and TO, Reign will air its winter finale  on Jan. 22.

1. Jada says:

I’m so ready for The 100 to return! It’s really the only CW show I love.

2. Katie T says:

So glad they’ve given the 100 a mid-season launch rather than later. Here’s hoping it airs near the US date here in the UK

3. Holy cow, DVR you are going to hate me if you don’t all ready hate me

4. Sarah says:

The trailer is amazing!!! I’m more excited for LOT know and I hope we get a trailer for The 100 :)

5. BrittBrat says:

I can’t wait!!!! They need to use that time machine to take us to January 21st already!

6. Mr. Tran K says:

Really looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow when it premieres on Thursday, January 21st. This is the one show I’m so excited about but it won’t be easy on a very competitive Thursday night.

7. John says:

What about Containment?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLine keeps no secrets.

• Allison says:

Yes, what about it… no mid season premiere?

• Jerry says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it quietly disappears. Or ends up in summer. The concept was a little more of the CW soap-ish variety that newer shows haven’t had lately

• ? says:

There’s a 0% chance the show is any good. All the signs of a massive turkey are there. It’s nothing but a good thing that the CW isn’t sidelining any of its very strong slate of shows to air it just because.

• Vlada Gelman says:

Having seen the pilot, I can say it’s actually very gripping. But The CW has a major real estate problem.

• Luis says:

Until and unless the CW can program 10 p.m. shows or weekend shows, there will always be a real estate problem

• Vlada Gelman says:

That’s part of it. But Fox also doesn’t program at 10pm and doesn’t have this problem to the same degree. The CW doesn’t tend to do split seasons, and it hasn’t canceled any shows mid-season in a while, leaving barely any open timeslots.

8. Et al. says:

So happy the 100 is getting a potentially great lead in. If you aren’t watching catch up on Netflix now. It’s an incredible show!

9. Omg!!! I can’t believe The 100 is FINALLY coming back aaaaaaand sooner than we all expected! THANK YOUUUUUU CW!!!

10. AHHH! The 100!! I cannot WAIT for this show to come back. So excited it’s returning in January, and not later. Great news!

11. LE says:

LOT looks really interesting, different from the Flash and Arrow, approved!

12. Kim (@AD76) says:

Yesssss! Finally! Been waiting for both Legends and The 100 for what seems forever now.

13. Luis says:

I’ll say it: Arthur Darvill for 13th Doctor!!!!

14. Lexa says:

YAAAAS THE 100! CAN’T WAIT!

15. Jeff hunter says:

I can’t wait for this,might as well do my”what to watch” early:LOT,Smack down,and Big Bang!jeff

16. B says:

Yesss! Can’t wait for The 100, it’s been too long!

17. Drew says:

If you count Gotham on Monday, this makes four nights of DC comics shows. Not bad!

18. Geek24 says:

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Joey Padron says:

The new trailer for Legends of Tomorrow looks really good and epic! Glad the show will be on 8 pm so I can watch show and then The Blacklist after. Can’t wait to see the show!

20. Kristine says:

Great for legends of tomorrow but I definitely feel bad for TVD and TO. There was so much potential with TO, but I feel like the producers hastened the demise of both shows with their stubbornness in keeping the shows apart. There was so much momentum after TVD 100th episode. I have no doubt that a crossover here and there would have done wonders for the ratings of both shows. A Stefan or Damon visit to NO should have happened ages ago. A casual Caroline reference in TO would have probably been enough to keep the klaroline fans hanging on as well; but now it’s probably too late. It’s such a waste because I think the actors and the overall setting of both shows are still great.

21. Ellinaras78 says:

Really? Thursday? Are they trying to kill 100 and not allow the other to grow?

22. Ren says:

I really am looking forward to this but man i hope in the future they iron out some of this dialogue. Some of it’s just REALLY cringe-worthy, mainly the stuff from the first trailer though.

23. lame says:

Waiting for the return of one of the darkest series on tv. When you thought things couldn’t get worse for the 100 it did time after time, crisis after crisis , good stuff.

24. ninergrl6 says:

So Reign’s *winter* finale is in January, but there will be more episodes after that, right? Or is the winter finale supposed to be the season finale? I love the show so much but I don’t think the CW knows what to do with it.

• brandydanforth81 says:

Reugn will still have 6-8 episodes left after Jan 22 to be aired probably in summer ala BatB s2 & it’s return date will be announced at a later time

25. JC1 says:

It looks amazing – can’t wait. :) I just really hope it does well.

26. Bark Star says:

Sooooooooo tired of superheroes.

27. herman1959 says:

It does look VERY good!

28. Jim J. says:

Since “Legends of Tomorrow” will be airing in the Thursdays @ 8 timeslot, I wonder how many viewers will it take away from “The Big Bang Theory” on CBS?