Fargo Renewed

Fargo Renewed for Season 3 at FX

FX is ordering more Fargo? You’re darn tootin’ it is!

The cable net on Monday renewed Noah Hawley’s acclaimed anthology for a third season.

In making the announcement, FX co-presidents Eric Schrier and Nick Grad cited Fargo’s “extraordinary” second season as well as Hawley’s “masterful storytelling,” adding, “We can’t wait to see where the third, all-new version of Fargo takes us.”

No details were provided about Season 3’s premise, but if history is any indication it will feature an entirely new cast, while also maintaining some connective tissue from Seasons 1 and 2.

Four episodes remain in Fargo‘s current second season.

1. LT says:

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Kris says:

Love this series. Glad it’s been renewed.

3. Neemo says:

AMAZING NEWS! BEST SHOW ON TV, HANDS DOWN.

4. Smart says:

Ooh, ANOTHER WHOLE SEASON of an incompetent TV writer trying and failing to rip off one the best movie-writing teams of the last three decades?!?!

COUNT.

ME.

IN!

• Et al. says:

Thanks for your feedback, Kurt Sutter.

• Dan G. says:

The greatness of FARGO, whether on the big screen or television, is that either of the two stories (and now, likely the third) can stand alone as compelling drama. Mr. Hawley paid homage and respect to the Coen Brothers when he asked for their input & blessing, prior to taking Season 1 to task. Now he’s done the near unthinkable, giving viewers a hard-hitting, exciting Season 2 — defying all the naysayers who scoffed at a return.

I cannot wait for tonight’s 90 minute installment… we are well on our way to the Incident in Sioux Falls …

5. Tenney says:

YES!! After how amazing the first season was, I wondered how season 2 with different actors and a different story would be, but it has been awesome. So excited to see what they have in store for season three.

6. Guy says:

YES! Quite possibly the best show on TV right now.

7. Jane says:

Best acted, written, filmed, and directed show on TV.

8. Peegee says:

YIPPEEEEEEE!

9. LAwoman says:

This is great news! It’s one of my favorite shows.

10. kirads09 says:

Y-E-S!! I confess had my doubts when I heard S2 would be 1979 focusing on Lou. But WOW how great it is. Can’t wait to see what and more importantly maybe WHO S3 brings us.

11. Amanda says:

Awesome news. One of the best shows on TV right now.

12. TV Gord says:

Who knew a television series could be this great without a wood chipper in sight!

13. Barbara says:

Loved 1st year, love the second. Hope the third is as good.

14. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show is coming back for another season! Season 2 been good so far.

15. prish says:

We just checked out Fargo, this season. The husband says, “I have to say that Fargo is the best show out there. I’m not seeing anything to come close to it, even. You’re just waiting to see what’s going to happen next. I don’t think they should be changing these actors, here. They’re great.”

16. Rich says:

That’s good. This is one of the better shows on TV. Networks can’t come close to competing with cable shows

17. Arthur M. Kent says:

I am DEFINITELY a HUGE Fargo fan, and Season 2 has been awesome (one more episode left, tomorrow night). Both the original movie and Season 1 were also super, and to say I am excited about Season 3 would be an understatement! What does have my curiosity brimming is what event/events/period will Season 3 consist of? Will it be for an event/events prior to 1979 (that is when Season 2 takes place), or between 1979 and 1987 (when the movie takes place), or between 1987 and 2006 (that’s when Season 1 takes place)? I (and I suspect others) will be on “pins and needled” until we find out!

FX is definitely a super network! They have had, and will continue to have, so many excellent series: Fargo, Justified, The Americans, Sons of Anarchy, etc., are just a few.