Gravity Falls Cancelled

Gravity Falls to End in 2016

The Mystery Shack is shutting its doors, with Disney XD’s Gravity Falls ending its run after two seasons.

The animated series has two more episodes left: “Weirdmageddon II: Escape from Reality,” airing Nov. 23, and the hour-long series finale, “Weirdmageddon III,” to follow sometime in 2016.

Series creator Alex Hirsch shared the news via his Tumblr, making clear, “This is 100 percent my choice, and it’s something I decided on a very long time ago. I always designed Gravity Falls to be a finite series about one epic summer — a series with a beginning, middle, and end.

“[T]here really are no villains here,” he said of the series coming to a close. “My team and I set out to do something and we did it, and the network supported our crazy vision. If you wanna be mad at someone, blame… I don’t know… the goat. With his shifty eyes. This is all his fault.”

A statement issued by Disney XD reads: “Alex Hirsch had a masterful plan for the stories and characters of Gravity Falls and, through 40 episodes and 17 shorts, he and a team of outstanding writers, artists and actors consistently delivered an inspired and unique story. … [We] look forward to treating fans to two fun programming events that conclude the story of Gravity Falls.”

Will your rugrats and/or you miss Dipper and the gang?

1. Chris says:

That’s too bad. I’ve heard great things about the show but never got around to watching more then an episode. Only two seasons though? Episode count aside, it feels like it’s been longer than that.

2. mamahub says:

My 2 son, 11 and 9, are very bummed to hear this news. They are huge Gravity Falls fans and are looking forward to the Weirdmageddon finale episodes.

3. AN says:

Super bummed. One of the few shows I could watch with my boys that was funny for kids and adults.

4. Your news article Link says “gravity-falls-cancelleed-disney-xd/ … And in the tumblr link you provide the author explicitly states it’s NOT BEING CANCELLED. It’s just ending. Your link is very misleading…

5. Katie says:

What is your source for the hour-long finale airing in 2016?

6. Zachary Flye says:

While I’m happy it’s ending and wasn’t prematurely cancelled, but honestly with how sporadic the episodes premiere it wouldn’t have surprised me if it had gotten cancelled.

7. E says:

I’m sad to hear this news. Even though I’m 40 I still love watching the episodes with my kids. They are weird and hilarious. We will miss them

8. bella olsen says:

me and the kids are going to miss this, we’ve all com to really enjoy it. there isn’t a day that goes by that someone isn’t quoting lines from the show. thank you mr. hirsch. just make sure it gets put out on dvd (the whole series) as soon as you can.

9. Carrie says:

Bummer. I think this was the last clever show on this channel. I hope they continue to have reruns after it ends.

10. Brownsvile15 says:

Maybe you can make a spin-off about Dipper and Stan , no Mabel, just as long as dipper is in it, he’s the show’s icon. It would be nice to see Dipper bond with him and see how the two adjust to each other.

11. me says:

Gotta say I did NOT like this show. I thought it was too adult for disney so I hated my kids watching it. I am glad it’s ending so I don’t have to discuss the negative issues with my kids anymore

• satireknight says:

Now your kids can be kept safe from all that nasty thinking and good writing!

• Wolfy says:

Yeah… that’s why it was on Disney XD for most of it’s run… because Disney XD is known for being just a tad more teen and ’10 and up age’ friendly. Only every now and then would they show Gravity Falls on the main Disney channel, and that was to give other’s the chance to watch it outside of XD. I mean they did show Doctor who on Disney XD… and while that TV show can also be watched by kids, it still had cussing in some of the episodes, which were censored. So yeah, XD leans more to the growing up/10 and up group of kids.

• Neil says:

Your one of those sensitive parents aren’t you? Besides it’s not a little kid show. It for older kids. If anything adventure time is way worse then this show.

• N. Wilson says:

Yeppers! 10 and 13 year old boys watching adventure time for years. They both think that it got dark for awhile and inappropriate situations, quit watching it. Sad

12. Gompers' Mom says:

I refuse to blame Gompers for the show ending! He’s being made a scapegoat!!

13. Kristopher Montgomery says:

You can’t shut down gravity falls. It’s the best show ever. At least start a new tv show for them,but in California

14. Jim J. says:

Alex Hirsch also stated: “There are so many shows that go on endlessly until they lose their original spark, or mysteries that are cancelled before they ever get a chance to payoff.”

Finally, an example of an animated show willing to go out on a high note. Never thought there would be what is described as a “finite” animated series with a beginning, middle, and end, something that is lacking in most franchise-based TV shows.

15. David4 says:

From the interview he gave it sounds like they are open to returning the universe in the future.

16. Brigid says:

NOOOOO! My 6 year old and I love this show. Our family watches Gravity Falls together. We have every episode DVR’d and watch the re-runs all the time, even last night. I’m devastated that it’s already ending, I can’t imagine how my daughter will feel. So bummed:(

17. Jamie says:

if the show is ending, can someone who knows alex have him clear up some of the theories like the cipher wheel, and robie being a clone and stuff like that.

18. Nico says:

I’ve been a huge fan of the sieris and I will really miss the gang

19. Tyrone says:

Don’t end the series. This is my favorite show, without it I have nothings to live for.

20. Sadie says:

My son, who is 10, and I really enjoy this show. Sorry it is coming to an end.

21. Lola says:

Dude whyyyyyy!!! Why must u end this awesome series this is one of my favorite tv shows and u just end it right there 😡😡😑😢😤 u need to make another series instead got it😡

• Hann03 says:

I am so sad and they better make something else like maybe a new series or something where they return home and we see there parents or something because I can’t stand this it is so sad my bday is tommorrow and this is the worst present Ever

22. J.Z says:

Whyyyyyyyyyy ): this was my favorite show of all time and the funniest alex was originally going to do 3 seasons and a movie whenever i was sad i would go and watch the new episode of gravityfalls alot of people in my class love it and alot of people at my after school program including me are and always will be obsesed with it it was the best cure for boredom and this show will be remembered for years to come plz plz plz plz plz alex,BRING GRAVITY FALLS BACK.

23. Liz says:

My kids are totally bummed that this is the end of gravity falls! My son wants there to be a part four! We look forward to watching the last two episodes..sadly.

24. Christian says:

Gravity falls is the best Frakkin show my kids have ever seen Myself included. When I break their about the last episode they are gonna freak. Alex you’ve created a show that grown men and women love. It’s too bad cause it’s given you fame. You may lose your fame. Sorry your show which has so much potential is going down. Signed
    Sad and disappointed dad.
    Tags for a great couple of years

25. mike says:

it’s sad to hear the show is ending. my son and look forward to every new episode. we watch it and my wife and older daughter will watch also. my son will re-watch to pause and show me some images that are hard to spot. will miss you all gravity falls. as Wendy would say soos you rule.

26. Danielle says:

I will be missing this show a LOT (Bill’s voice). ;( but at least it will have a positive side of all this.
    Gravity falls will have the copies of journal 3 and more!!! And i hope that they will make the journals 1 and 2.

27. Nina says:

This is very sad news. This and Girl Meets World are the only Disney shows I watch. However, Gravity Falls had a good run and I’m sure the last episode will be stupendous.

28. evadna says:

please make at least one movie Alex hirsch if you are reading this. I mean all the good shows are already gone like the on in Nicklodeon Sam and cat they cancelled after one season.

29. Puglover101 says:

#savegravityfalls I hope you are happy Alex because you have made kids and adults everywhere sad and depressed including me \/
    O it is supposed to be a mad face

30. Desiree says:

I will definitely miss this show, because it was different from any Disney show I’ve ever seen and I grew up with Disney. This made show always made me want to tune in now I don’t know what I’m going to do , I guess I have to get a life now… #mysterytwins4life

31. joh says:

plz dont end the show at least dont end in seAson 2 plz do a season 3

32. Lola says:

YESSSSSS I am a huge fan of this TV show and right now I’m sad that it’s ending 😭😭😭😭

33. Kira says:

I’m going to miss Gravityfalls so much. I was a fan of the show for the four years it was running, and the fact that would premier only in the summer got me excited. I think this show is something that both kids and adults will love. Each episode has a somewhat inspiring or important message that is delivered with whimsiful comedy and adventure we only imagine about. And I honestly think that the show should gotten further involved with Ford, and what happens to him now that he’s com back from the weird dimension he was trapped in, and maybe his re-introduction back into society. I have a felling if that did happen, it would be humerous and possibly disastrous. But I’m also interested in what other projects does Hirsh have in plan for Gravityfalls. Like maybe a series of after Summer shorts, or a new special. But I hope this won’t be the last time we see Dipper & Mabel.

34. Waddles says:

I am very sad about Gravity falls ending too.On the weekend, I get a huge bowl of popcorn and have a gravity falls marathon whatching all the shows from beginning to end. There are so many loose ends though like Bill’s wheel and the Rodney situation …I was reading the comments and it said that Alex might be inclined to bring the series back in the future. I’m trying not to get my hopes up but if it were to happen I would be so happy I would explode. We could possibly see them when there older and come back to gravity falls for another summer and the mystery twins try to create a journal of their own or something !!! That would be cool. I’m just so sad that it’s ending but Alex if your possibly reading this, would you maybe bring it back? Please, please !!!

35. Bradley J says:

Will there be another seasons starting next summer?

36. Fred says:

37. Leonna Ayres says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Im a superfan of GF. Please don’t end it GF creators. I pray to Bill Cipher that it would go on forever and ever and ever.

38. Alejandro says:

So Bill cipher will really become a good
    Guy, and the shape shifter and all the other villains are good. And Stan and Ford will make up since there’s gonna be a real meaning

39. chaudai green says:

I just wish that gravity falls could last longer and I was hoping if there would have been new legends or monsters if the t.v series was going to be continued longer.

40. Brittany says:

I started watching Gravity Falls a couple of months ago I love the way things connect together, the quality funny jokes, and the subtle lessons taught along the way. It’s a crazy show that teaches good morals, it’s also a place to get comfort. If it needs to go there will be many tears as Dipper and Mabel leave us forever. But if they can stay we’ll gladly join them as they continue their inspiring lives.

41. Justamom says:

Why are you doing this to your loyal fans? It is not fair! My children are in tears and what is going on with the dvd’s? They barely exist! Boo, Disney you are beginning to lose face, you don’t honor warranties on your products and you cancel popular shows. It is pretty bad when an anti-intellectual show such as the Simpsons can continue indefinitely but Gravity falls which makes the kids think bites the dust in two seasons. Sad!

• Hann03 says:

I completely agree with you I love gravity falls and this is so terrible but it might not be all Disneys fault., it could be Alex Hirchs choice. And he didn’t say it was over its just ending and he might even make a spinoff about gravity falls too

• Corey Lyons says:

Justamom, what would you have Alex Hirsch do? Continue producing episodes of GF for the rest of his life just to avoid making some kids sad? That is unrealistic.

42. Mike says:

When is the last episode of Gravity Falls going to premiere in 2016?

43. Ralph says:

frak frak frakkin frak
    My coworkers sister in law makes 600000000000″0000000000.0000000000000000000010000000000000010100101 dollars a minute

44. Karen says:

I’m about to cry. This is mine and my son’s favorite show. We have a strong connection and bond to this show. Our excitement for new episodes, long discussions analyzing after, counting down days till the next episode, looking for clues, and above all else, the laughs we share. Telling him the series is ending is comparable to breaking Christmas fairy tale news. It’s a very sad day in our house. My only hope is there will be a reconsideration. There cirrently are no other children’s shows like this that have substance, mystery, plot, brilliance, and humor. How unfortunate. :(

45. LAIZA says:

I heard that the creator said via twitter that the series will end with ONE character not making it alive so it leads us to one question Who is going to die and What is its cause?

46. Melinda says:

What a brilliant show. We’ve enjoyed every episode, paid for the seasons on amazon so we watch them daily. My kids, 13, 9 and 6 (and me, Mom) love, love, love gravity falls. Sad to see it ending but I think it makes it special-er!
    Long live Gravity Falls!

47. Kyle says:

I’m sad, I really liked this series a lot and I thought it was very interesting and it always left me on the very edge of my seat. I’m a little disappointed though, I thought it would go on for another one or two seasons. Will there be another show using the same characters or something?

48. Autumn says:

First off I love the show its my favorite one, but I also think it would be awesome to make like another season like set the time one year later and see how the town of Gravity Falls is doing after weirdmagedon. Highly doubt Alex would do it but I would love to see it.

49. Seymour T.V. says:

Anyone looking for new shows to replace Gravity Falls here’s what I’d recommend in rough order of most recommended to least:
    Over the Garden Wall (just a miniseries from 2014)
    Adventure Time
    Steven Universe
    We Bare Bears
    Star vs the Forces of Evil
    Regular Show
    Amazing World of Gumball

Rick and Morty isn’t for kids, but it did have a Gravity Falls easter egg in an episode that Alex Hirsch voice acted in. I would recommend Rick and Morty and Pendleton Ward’s online show Bravest Warriors for any ADULTS who liked Gravity Falls.

50. Christian says:

gravity falls is a great show I wish it would stay on longer I mean this show has a great story line and makes a lot of people laugh but yea I guess the show had to end sometime. But really my main question is when is the next episode comeing out I don’t want to miss it