Code Black Full Season

Code Black Snags 5 More Episodes

Code Black seems to be in stable condition.

CBS announced Friday that it has ordered five additional episodes of its freshman medical drama, bringing the Season 1 count to 18.

The extra installments are yet another vote of confidence from the network, which previously ordered six more scripts of Code Black in October.

The series — which centers on the chaotic goings-on at Angels Memorial Hospital — is averaging roughly 9 million viewers in Live+7 day data.

Thus far, CBS has handed full-season orders to rookie series Life in Pieces and Limitless. Happy to hear Code Black will also be around for a while? Hit the comments.

1. Robinn says:

Yes! I haven’t enjoyed a medical drama this much since the first several seasons of ER. Love the stories and chemistry between the actors.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Code Black gets one season tops. It has gone up and down in numbers but I don’t know how CBS is going to do about it.

3. Kristen says:

I am totally okay with this! :)

4. VJ says:

I love the show, I really do. But I won’t hold my breath for a season 2 renewal. They could have given the full back 9 and they didn’t. So, unless there are contractual reasons that they don’t go to 22, like with HTGAWM I don’t see this as a good sign. And the ratings aren’t that great.
    But then again, maybe I’m just saying that to don’t get my hopes up.

• rinaex says:

Yep, I tend to believe that it’s pretty much canceled.

• dj says:

Totally disagree. They never would extend it if they didn’t think it was doing well. Networks have no problem canceling shows after a few episodes or shortening seasons, but adding shows, is a good sign.

• rinaex says:

The history of hour-long dramas that premiere in the fall and not getting a back 9 order is…not good. This is most likely ABC deciding that it’s cheaper to order just enough to meet their scheduling needs, and rolling the dice on a new show next season.

• rinaex says:

Excuse me, CBS. That’s actually even worse, though, as CBS is quite ruthless at cutting underperforming shows that don’t get them recognition.

• Gospino says:

Lol no. I can tell you don’t know much about this issue. As just one example, Stalker received I believe seven episodes last season beyond its initial 13 and still got canned. No back nine is typically a bad sign (unless a show enters the season with a known short order, such as HTGAWM). It’s usually filler, scheduling spackle. A network that truly has faith in a show gives it a back nine!

• rinaex says:

Exactly.

• TeamFamily says:

That might be true but you have to consider that due to the same scheduling issues you mentioned that they would want the show to have 18 episodes going forward (as in season 2). There is no way a network will have 18 episodes in one season and go back to 13 episodes for the next season with new shows. If they did that then yes the show would be definitely be canned.

5. B says:

Great news. I’m enjoying this show a lot.

6. Pat says:

This show is absolutely great. I have enjoyed all of the shows, so far this season. So a big thumbs up to CBS for adding more shows but I am hoping for a Season 2.

7. Kathleen Gourn says:

Good luck to good joke I’m glad CVS is being patient with it

8. Mare says:

I hope this bodes well for another season! I really like this show. Great cast and engaging characters. One of my favorites of this season.

9. peterwdawson says:

Okay, congratulations to the fans of the show, but as a guy sick of the ads for it I keep seeing, urrrrrrrrrrrgh. Obviously withdrawn when they change the ad campaign.

10. Danna says:

This is the best show, Mama and Daddy are awesome

11. Jess says:

I like it

12. dj says:

Great. I have enjoyed this show.

13. DanielleZ says:

Code Black is terrific. This is excellent news.

14. mooshki says:

The show is so-so, but Marcia Gay Harden and Luis Guzmán are brilliant, and are carrying the show. It also doesn’t hurt that Raza Jaffrey and Cress Williams are hot as heck.

15. Malissa R. says:

I’m so glad. I love this show!

16. Sarah says:

Such great news! This show has been so underrated since it first premiered. I’m so glad they are getting more episodes!! If you liked ER, you’ll enjoy this show.

17. david says:

Great show. Even have the entire family watching it now!

18. One of the new season’s best shows. I tape it and watch w/in 2-3 days.

19. Stephanie says:

YES!! I love Code Black. It’s one of the few shows I can’t wait to watch each week. Season 2, please!

20. Tea says:

Glad for the fans but that’s schedule filler.

• Viv says:

Absolutely love Code Black! I look forward to this show week after week. Kudos to the writers.

Please keep this show CBS!! You really have something here.

21. Fantastic news! I really enjoy this show. Excellent writing and characters, and no ‘soap opera’ style soppy relationships. Perfect.

22. Tina says:

Code Black is a Hit!!!! Great Show!!! Momma and Daddy are a perfect couple, and ALL of the supporting Kids are Great!!! The cast and writers are nailing it. Keep it up please.

23. Susan says:

This is a really great show and I’m so excited they are going to have more episodes! It should be renewed for a season 2!

24. Janet Kimball says:

I reallyenjoy Code Black but did anyone see Chicago Med this past week? Did they copy Code Black or did Code Black copy them? Really disappointed,

25. Doreen Judge says:

I absolutely LOVE Code Black! I tell everyone about it and created new fans! A great show has me saying “Daaaammmnnn” in the first 5 minutes every time!

26. Roxanne says:

One of the best shows on TV for the last decade, in my opinion. You can’t go wrong with the cast, especially Marcia Gay Harden. She just makes everything better…😉

27. Steven Parham says:

Stevie like. Hope it makes it.

28. Ano Nymous says:

I’ve enjoyed Code Black, until this week. That episode had way too much talk and not enough action. Big disappointment.

29. matty says:

I like this show so far. There is a lot of potential here, but the writing isn’t as strong as it could be. So far they’ve given us very few reasons to like any of these characters. We still don’t really know that much about most of the main characters. I suppose it is unfair to compare any medical drama to “E.R.” but on that show by the time they got to 4 or 5 episodes you really knew each character well, understood their history and rooted for them. Not so with Code Black so far. IMHO.

30. lyle lorenson says:

I’m really enjoying this show! It’s fast paced and the characters have enough kwerks to keep it interesting. Please keep ’em coming.

31. Judy says:

Love Code Black! One of the BEST shows on television!

32. Sandy says:

Really happy to read this news! One of my favorite new shows. Great cast.

33. Alisa G says:

So excited for this! Such a great show and cast. Very glad that it’s getting more episodes!

34. Toni says:

Code Black is one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time please keep it coming

35. melissa says:

Love the show haven’t seen a medical show this powerful since ER hope it lasts just as long everyone should be watching this show the lion King episode was amazing and emotional

36. Entrylevel says:

Love Love Code Black !!!!!!!

37. Brandy Reynolds says:

This is the best new show in a very long time.. It’s also the absolute best Er Drama ever..

38. Liz says:

Yes… it is fantastic and accurately portrays a Level 1 trauma center ER

39. Astazia says:

Great show! Would be a terrible loss if it were canceled. My husband is hard to please and he loves it too! We know People in medicine and they are really psyched also. Hope they keep it & renew it. Less soap opera more medicine. 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

40. Diane says:

Love Code Black. Nice to see a new take on ER. Neal and Christa need to get together!!

41. Kalise Weeks says:

I LOVE CODE BLACK. PLEASE STAY!

42. Barbara says:

Love this show! Look forward to Wednesday nights now. It’s exciting and tugs at the heart. Hope it’s around for quite awhile.

43. brstewa says:

Excellent TV drama- acting is high wire action with strong story lines that aren’t fake.

44. lucy welt says:

How do we make sure this show keeps on ? Love it.

45. Kim R. says:

I love Code Black!! What a great show…i end up crying every week either from sadness or joy.
    Thank you CBS for continuing this show.

46. Linda Liggon says:

Such an awesome show. I totally can’t wait from week to week to watch it. Please keep it on the air…the stories are heartwarming…I love it!

47. j kent says:

Last week’s episode was one of the most intense shows I’ve seen on TV. The palms of my hands were sweating all through it. So good! Love this show!

48. Entrylevel says:

The best new show !! I am grateful for commericals, so I can breathe !! LOL. So glad that the higher ups see that this show is worth keeping !

49. Edie says:

I think it’s so medically incorrect and the acting is over dramatic and storyline is unrealistic once they enter the hospital.