Pretty Little Liars Movie

Pretty Little Liars Boss on Movie Plans: 'We've Got Some Really Big Ideas'

If you thought Pretty Little Liars‘ upcoming five-year time jump is a big move, just wait until you see where the ABC Family (soon to be Freeform) series could be heading next.

During a live-stream interview with Good Morning America on Wednesday night — as part of the ABC news show’s 40-hour celebration for its 40th anniversary — executive producer Marlene King fielded fan questions about the show, including one asking whether or not we can expect to see Aria, Hanna, Emily and Spencer on the big screen.

“We’ve got some really big ideas for a great movie,” King confirmed, though she was clear that if a movie should be made, “it won’t happen right after the series ends.”

King said she wants to let the stars go off and do their own thing after wrapping Pretty Little Liars — it’s possible, but not at all confirmed, that Season 7 could be its last — before reuniting to “do something really special.”

We’ve got at least a season and a half to go before more movie talk happens, but because it’s never too early to speculate, tell us: What would you like to see in a Pretty Little Liars movie? Drop a comment with your best/weirdest ideas below.

1. Nicolas. says:

Seriously, this show needs to end after next season. It’s going for so long that you could read Pretty Little Liars references on the Bible.

2. Et al. says:

No. Please just end it and release us fans from our purgatory of obligation to PLL.

3. Josh Emerson says:

They can’t even produce a quality TV series at this point, how in the world would they do a film? I’m not normally the type to hope for shows to be canceled, since there’s always people that enjoy them, but this one…..I can’t help it.

4. Raghib says:

I honestly would love a movie. I don’t get why some fans are getting so annoyed. Do they really just watch it to see who A is? There is a lot more to the show, than that.

• Kristen says:

Not to mention, it’s just a show. If they don’t like it, don’t watch it! It’s strictly for entertainment purposes. It doesn’t need to be taken so seriously. PLL is my guilty pleasure, so I’ll probably watch it regardless of what happens. Not going to lie, I was definitely thrown off with Cece being Charles, and I laughed at how awful the storyline for that was, but I’m still interested to see where the 5 year jump takes everyone.

5. shaun says:

The quality of this show has gotten so poor. I don’t wanna see no PLL movie. End it already.

6. Kristen says:

I’m going to wait until I see how this next season is before I decide about a movie. I love PLL, but I don’t have a good feeling about the time jump.

7. Michelle says:

Please, just NO.

8. Bri says:

Love love love idea of movie!!!!!! Super excited!!!!!