2 Broke Girls Ratings

Ratings: 2 Broke Girls Returns Down, Elementary Hits Series Lows

With significant NFL preemptions factored out, CBS’ 2 Broke Girls wound up christening its new Thursday time slot with 7.7 6.3 million total viewers and a 2.0 1.6 rating, down sharply from its Season 4 average (of about 7.8 mil/2.0).

Elsewhere on CBS, Big Bang (15 mil/3.7) and Mom (7.2 mil/1.5) were steady, Life in Pieces (8 mil/1.8) dipped a tenth and Elementary (5.2 mil/0.8) slipped 7 and 27 percent to easily hit series lows.

As for the other guys….

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (8 mil/2.2) dipped a tenth but Scandal (7.7 mil/2.2) and HTGAWM (6.7 mil/1.9) were steady.

FOX | Bones (5.2 mil/1.1) and Sleepy Hollow (3 mil/0.9) were steady.

NBC | Heroes Reborn (3.8 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths, while Blacklist (6.8 mil/1.5) ticked up and The Player (3.4 mil/0.7) was flat.

THE CW | Vampire Diaries (1.3 mil/0.6) and The Originals (1 mil/0.4) were steady.

1. Coach Taylor says:

Mr Tran K commenting errr. rambling incoherently on 2 Broke Girls in 3….2…..1…

Elsewhere; good to see HTGAWM has been steady last few weeks, stabilizing a bit

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Heroes Reborn is still good but I think one season may be enough. The Player continues to be a fun and amazing action packed show and with next week coming to an abrupt end, I’m wondering if the series could possibly move to USA Network. Hope Game of Silence should fill the void in the 8 pm Thursday night time slot come mid-season after Heroes Reborn wraps up its 13-episode run. As for the return of 2BG, looks like Max and Caroline got BLACKLISTED. LOL

3. Boiler says:

Man I’d like to see 2 Broke Girls after Big Bang.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I was thinking the exact same thing. As for Life in Pieces, it’s 51% not funny and 49% funny and CBS better do something if they’re going to make room for returning sitcoms Mike & Molly and The Odd Couple.

• Chris says:

Man I’d like to see 2 broke girls disappear for good what a Christmas present that would be

• c-mo says:

You, my friend, said almost verbatim what I was thinking when I read that comment!!!!!!! 2BG might be the trashiest show on tv ever. I have never hoped for the demise of a tv show (other than any reality show on E!) but I make an exception for this one, it really needs to go.

• John NYC says:

Change the channel? It really does solve the issue.

Much like Duck Dynasty being somewhere out there has absolutely zero impact on my entertainment viewing since, I. Just. Don’t. Watch.

• Mr. Tran K says:

2 Broke Girls will end if Max and Caroline reaches $250,000 for their cupcake business. For the love of God, follow the story lines for the rest of the season if you really don’t care about it.

4. GuessWhat says:

NOT bad #s at all for 2 BROKE GIRLS
    a move to a NEW night, timeslot and in the middle of the fall season
    I am impressed by that showing!

• J says:

literally.. CBS is a mess with their comedies. Always changing them around schedule and return dates.

• Eric says:

That’s what happens when they feel the need to grab some extra money from NFL games. I think they grabbed the NFL mainly because they saw their Thursday comedy lineup struggling and wanted an infusion of quick cash. Outside of TBBT, their comedies are nothing to really right home about.

• HAP says:

Speaking of football, it has been reported on Deadline that the CBS stations in New York and Buffalo showed the football game instead of their comedies. Must have a significant impact on last night.

5. John NYC says:

Somehow I continue to find 2 Broke Girls entertaining, with the occasional though inevitable cringe moment.

6. Nicole says:

Mom has been really great these last two episodes. They really found their grove as a show.

7. Jon says:

Honestly, it’s so amazing for Grey’s. A show that’s been on the air for 12 years, and goes against Big Bang Theory, and manages to pull such strong numbers. Better than Scandal and HTGAWM even. I guess when Derek died and people said they were gonna stop watching it people finally realized that that’s just how TV works. A show can still bounce, no matter which character dies, as long as the people behind the scenes know what they’re doing.

8. Nero the TVFiddler says:

The one thing I’m watching – the fall off in numbers from the CBS 8 o’clock TBBT to whatever CBS places behind it. A great opportunity in that 8:30 that CBS is not able to take full advantage. The stronger that 8:30 program is, the better the lead in opportunity for the 9pm show (Mom currently) going up against ABC’s Scandal.

I just think CBS must find a program to follow TBBT to take advantage of those 8-8:30pm numbers. If that show is 2Broke, or Mom, or Odd Couple, that’s great. But they/CBS need to find something, asap.

• Nero the TVFiddler says:

…and I guess the other thing to note, is ‘where are all those eyeballs going at 8:30pm once TBBT episode ends?? They don’t appear to be going to Fox/Bones, or ABC/Greys or NBC/Heroes… at least not in large numbers. I’m checking to see if I can find a breakout of the hour for Bones, Greys and Heroes to see if the numbers bump much. But CBS losing almost 6m viewers at 8:30. Where are they all going?? Is TBBT appointment television for live viewing such an extent that viewers tune in at 8pm, and they turn off their televisions?

If that is indeed the case, CBS really needs to try to use TBBT to create another ‘must see appointment show on Thursday nights. Missed opportunity here, at a time when broadcast television can ill afford such errors.

• c-mo says:

I’m not a Nielson family so my viewing habits don’t matter but I watch TBBT and then catch up on DVR’d shows; with the exception of The Odd Couple, I don’t watch any of CBS’ Thursday comedies. I watch Bones but never live and I’m growing weary of it so it might stay on my DVR for a while…I think I have 4 on my DVR right now. I don’t watch any of the ABC shows anymore, I gave up on Grey’s when they killed Lexie and Mark and I was so angry I refuse to watch another of Shonda’s shows.

• Nero the TVFiddler says:

Thanks for the feedback – will be interesting to see if The Odd Couple can do any better when it returns to Thursday at 8:30pm. Certainly an opportunity for ‘Chandler’ and his new gang to strike pay dirt with this new series. Opportunities like this 8:30 post-TBBT timeslot are rare and valued.

Probably the end of the line for Bones – maybe one more season? Shonda and co. are on a roll right now – will see how her new series ‘The Catch’ goes… can lightening strike for a fourth time?

9. blonde21212 says:

2 broke girls is not funny anymore they are using same old jokes/story line none of this has changed

10. Sean says:

Can I give a friendly suggestion for the site….

Instead of posting preliminary ratings that include overruns and preemptions, why not just wait for the final ratings to come in to do the ratings post. That way, readers can have the correct ratings and ratings for select cable shows can be included too since ratings for those shows usually don’t come in until later.

11. 2Broke2Shop says:

I knew the show was coming back late in the season but the only reason I discovered 2BG had shifted from Mon to Thurs was that my DVR “found” it last night. I had it set to “always record new episodes on Ch 2”. I was pleasantly surprised to find the show waiting for me this AM.

12. Morisot says:

And Elementary…this would have been its 3rd episode this season…and it was pre-empted in the NY market this week. We like it…but barely remember it is on. (Television is a creature of habit.)

13. kmw says:

Too bad for Two Broke Girls I expected them to come back higher. Nothing else really surprising except Elementary’s dip. I am glad Bones stayed steady it was a good episode

14. mary says:

I really like Elementary, but Matt, is it in danger of being canceled after this year? We think it is a smart, and quite funny show. I don’t fall into typical demographics…too old, like to watch the next day etc… so I suppose my opinion doesn’t matter. I hope the network figures out how to get their numbers up!

15. Janet says:

Elementary is a quality show. It is in a terrible slot. HTGAWM is pulp. Football will always come first to fans. Do DVR views count? It would be a tragedy to lose Elementary!!