Mandy Moore NBC Pilot

Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia and Justin Hartley Join NBC Dramedy Pilot

What do Mandy Moore (Red Band Society), Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes) and Justin Harley (Revenge) all have in common?

In addition to co-starring in an upcoming NBC dramedy pilot — per The Hollywood Reporter — their characters in said pilot also share a birthday.

The untitled production from Galavant‘s Dan Fogelman centers around a group of people born on the same day, including Rebecca (Moore) and Jack (Ventimiglia), a married couple expecting triplets in Pittsburgh, and Kevin (Hartley), a handsome television actor growing bored of his fly bachelor lifestyle.

Also cast are Sterling Brown (Army Wives), playing New York-based family man Randall, and Ron Cephas Jones (Mr. Robot) as Randall’s father, who abandoned him at a fire station as a newborn.

Does this sound like something you’d watch? Let us know in a comment below.

1. I read Justin signed on to Young and the Restless for two more years. So either he is going to do both if/when it gets picked up. Or is Justin going to exit Y&R?

• creativebugger1 says:

He might be able to do both. Depends on how nicely the networks are going to play (and whether or not he wants to do both). Tamara Tunie was able to As the World Turns (CBS) and Law & Order: SVU (NBC) at the same time. Soaps seem to be playing nice with their actors lately (NBC let one actor return to ABC for a one episode stint). However, if the pilot gets picked up Justin may make that decision to leave Y&R for himself. Contracts aren’t set in stone and can/are broken all the time.

2. Katie says:

I am a fan of all three of the performers mentioned in this title, and I’ve got a warm place in my heart for Pittsburgh, so I’d give it a try.

3. LOVING this cast! Not sure how the show will do, but definitely looking forward to checking it out for the cast alone.

4. ChellemaBelle says:

I’d definitely watch at least one episode. Absolutely love Milo.

5. a Berkeley gal says:

Yes, yes, and yes, I look forward to watching it, hopefully soon.

6. Ray says:

Interesting premise. I know I get along famously with other Scorpios and the closer our birthdays, the closer the bond I’ve noticed.

7. natalia h says:

I always watch shows that include Justin Hartley. My friend and I have an on-going bet about how long it will take them to show him with his shirt off.

8. c-mo says:

The cast alone has me intrigued so I’d catch at least the first couple of episodes. And like the Scorpion above said, some of my closest friends are fellow Virgos.

9. Joey Padron says:

Good cast they have for the show. If the trailer for the show looks good. I would check it out.

10. Linda says:

*Sterling Brown (Army Wives)* – Oh cool, it’s Gordon from Supernatural. I love me some Oliver Queen aka Justin Hartley.

11. Guest says:

NOOOOOOOOOO!! What about Gilmore Girls?!?!?!?!

12. Mr. Tran K says:

Great to see Milo back in the NBC family during his amazing run on Heroes (the original) and not only that, he was so great on Gilmore Girls and he was so scary in his guest starring role on Gotham.

13. Cas says:

Love Justin Hartley!!

14. rinaex says:

Well, it’s got Mandy Moore in it, so it will never make it to series.

15. Metch says:

Just the triplets are in Pittsburgh, right?

16. steven says:

Justin Hartley (Revenge)? What about Smallville?

17. Shannon says:

I will definitely check this out. I just hope JH stays on Y&R, as he’s the best thing that’s happened to it in years.

18. David4 says:

“Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes)”

How dare you… on this site of all places….

Milo Ventimiglia (Gilmore Girls)

You are forgive. :-p

19. DavidSask says:

This pilot must fail and hopefully will as NBC! I don’t want an Adam recast on Y&R, so don’t let it happen execs!!!

20. Michelle Imhausen says:

If Justin is in it .. I’m watching it lol :)

21. Chris says:

I haven’t been a fan of Justin since he dressed in drag on Smallville. Sucked all the sex appeal right off for me :(

22. Stacy says:

What? Okay, so the characters all have the same birthday. Do they know each other, and if so, how? With the casting, I feel this show could be a hit or a flop. Hmm.

23. sarah31733 says:

I guess Adam is going to jail on Y&R and Hartley is leaving, “sob” But I like everyone in this and is a cool concept so I will be watching.

24. chadcronin says:

I hardly even recognize any names anymore when new shows are announced, so knowing all 3 and liking them is a treat. Hopefully this will make it to series with all 3 in tact, especially Justin!

25. Joey says:

Share a birthday? I’m getting flashes of Sense8.

26. J.Norman says:

Not much to go on. People who have the same birthday (in the same year?), who knows.

I’ll need a lot more than a married couple with kids and a bored bachelor.

27. Carmen says:

with Justin? YES, YES, YES… he is a great actor~! I would miss him on Y & R , but not would not be selfish to stop him from growing into prime time and or movies

28. Jennifer says:

I can’t wait LOVE LOVE Moore and Hartley. Sounds like an interesting show. Great looking trio so can’t go wrong

29. I have been a longtime fan of Justin’s, I will set my DVR.

30. Jess is bae says:

You had me at Milo Ventimiglia and then with Mandy Moore and Justin Hartley as well…definitely something I’ll be watching!!!

31. Joan says:

Joan Wallace , I have been a fan of the Y&R for many years, and truly enjoy Justin Hartley, Hoping this program will be on a channel I can get, if not, I will really be disappointed. Will keep my fingers crossed. All the best to all of you.

32. Donita says:

Yes, with Justin Hartly I will be watching!!!

33. Kim Leach says:

sounds like it may be good..

34. kpflat says:

It actually sounds like a cool idea for a show, but Mandy Moore doesn’t do it for me. She’s boring.

35. Heather H says:

You betcha! Anytime I can see Justin Hartley work is a blessing!

36. annemarie moullo says:

I would watch because Justin Hartley is on the show.

37. I watch anything & everything with Justin Hartley in it. He’s a fantastic actor and makes any show worth watching!! His work is excellent : )

38. Janice Brown says:

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SHOW.I LIKE JUSTIN VERY MUCH.

39. sallydt says:

Yes I am interested in watching this but the plot seems wierd. A woman expecting triplets and Hartley as a bachelor? I think they could have cone up with a better plot for Mandy Moore . I am a fan of Justin ‘s from Young and Restless.

40. Bobbi Burdick says:

I will watch any show that Justin Hartley is in….he is the HOTTEST man on tv!! I ❤️ that man!!!

41. James W Cummings says:

There has to be more to it… But then, there was Seinfeld. Who knows.

42. Jackie says:

Definitely would watch this!

43. Milo fan says:

Yes . I would watch anything with milo in it bc he is literally the coolest person in Hollywood. Vegetarian , doesn’t drink or smoke and is so nice to so many people. Everyone loves milo. And I believe this show sounds like it’s going to be a blast

44. Pennfield says:

Justin is a very fine actor. He stole every scene he was in on REVENGE. He should star in his own series, but I would try this to watch him. I don’t even know who the other actors are. Still not sure how he can be on a soap and a prime time series.

45. Lucas says:

Of course I’m going to watch it although I think one or two of the shows they mentioned were cancelled I liked Red Band Society & never really watched Revenge but heard it was or is pretty good. I look forward to seeing all of them in This Is Us.

46. Taylor says:

Yup!! Can’t wait to see this most talented actor, Hartlet in his new role. Congrats!!