How to Get Away With Murder: Who Shot Annalise? Odds on 15 Suspects!

How to Get Away With Murder‘s Annalise Keating may be 50 shades of boss — but no one would exactly describe her as nice.

That wouldn’t be a problem, really, except for the fact that Season 2’s big flash-forward finds her bleeding out on her clients’ living room floor — with no shortage of suspects for who might’ve pulled the trigger.

We’re going to assume the shooter will be central to the show’s mythology and not a random case-of-the-week type — although that teenage sociopath from Episode 5 (“Skanks Get Shanked”) still haunts us.

Knowing that next Thursday’s installment will answer the question “Who shot Annalise?,” we’ve compiled a roster of 15 most likely suspects — along with odds ranking them in order from most- to least-likely to be guilty.

Check out the gallery below — or click here for direct access — then share your own theories and odds in the comments!

1. I think Asher likely killed Emily Sinclair. Probably accidentally, since he doesn’t seem like the type who would commit first degree murder. If not Asher, I think Bonnie, who we do know is capable of committing first degree murder. So I would take them both out of the running for shooting Annalise, just because I don’t see the same person committing both crimes. So hmmm…I would not put it past Wes, who can act irrationally at times. Laurel just seems too calm and controlled for such a presumably emotional act of shooting Annalise. I could see Connor, but I really hope not, just because I hope Connor and Oliver make it out of this show alive and out of jail. I can also see Frank. And maybe they will try and pin it on Catherine Hapstall, which is maybe why Frank dumped her in blood spattered pajamas in the middle of the woods.

• Azerty says:

Asher killing Emily Sinclair would explain what he is doing to the police station. I couldn’t believe he would want to rat out Bonnie but maybe he feels guilty and wants to surrender himself?

• I can totally buy that. I am more likely to believe that he would confess his own crimes rather than turn in Bonnie. MAYBE he would turn in someone else from the Keating 5, but I don’t think Asher is with them that night. He is probably on the upper balcony with Bonnie.

• Skyler says:

You called it right! Almost exactly what happened.

2. I think Asher killed Emily. He looked like he had been hit upside the head when he was in Bonnie’s car in that one scene.
    I don’t think Frank would shoot Annalise. They are too tight and have too much wrapped up in each other.
    I think it is entirely possible that Annalise was struggling with someone over the gun and was shot. I don’t think she was shot purposely. But I think her shooting has to do with Emily getting killed. I think Asher lost it and killed Emily and possibly was going to shoot her. Annalise tried to take the gun from him or struggled with Bonnie maybe to get it away from him and it went off while they were all there.

3. YMichael says:

I’m shocked no one’s looking at Jean Grey… I don’t want it to be true but they are too good to be true for HTGAWM-land :(

• Azerty says:

Oh my goooooood it took me a few minutes to understand who we were talking about! I can’t believe that I didn’t realized sooner that Eve is Jean Grey!!!

• dan says:

I think Jean Grey did it as some sort of complicated revenge plot. Famke always plays evil.

• Tara17 says:

I agree t’s gonna be Famke (love her!). The special guest star turns out to be the murderer most times. Plus there’s no motive in sight yet (maybe a hint with the cryptic “it’s him”) so… surprise!

4. Marco says:

I think Sinclair shot Annalise, and Asher killed Sinclair during a struggle.

5. the girl says:

I can see Conner shooting Annalise if Oliver is killed by that guy Frank. Otherwise, I don’t see it. I also doubt that it is Jean Grey or Nate. My vote’s on one of the Hapstall kids.

6. LADY_in_MD says:

I still think Annalise shot herself
    She has made a few comments through out the season how everyone would be better off with out her and I think she did it to help cover up for whomever killed Sinclair no matter what Annalise is loyal to the Keating 5 and Bonnie and Frank so maybe she thought shooting herself and making it look like a struggle between her and Sinclair would help cover for one of the students or Bonnie

• She said it but I don’t think that she meant it. Every single thing that she has done this season and last season has been for selfish reasons. She would never try to off herself unless it meant that she would somehow benefit from doing so.

7. dan says:

I’ll be upset if it’s Tink from The Guild.

8. Huh says:

I love the nickname “Lurky McChurchmouse” so much that I’m mad at myself for not thinking of it.

Also, nobody better lay a finger on sweet Oliver’s handsome head. I really don’t know if I can keep watching without him.

9. Larc says:

Are we completely ruling out the Housekeeper/Maid? She could also be the one who murdered the Hapstalls.

10. msemmyjones says:

I totally agree with the people who think Asher was the one who killed Sinclair. That makes absolute sense to me. But not Connor and Annalise. I mean, when we saw those flash forward scenes of him hovering over her body, he’s trying to stem the bleeding. He’s trying to save her. Unless his shooting her was a total accident – like he was aiming for someone else or something – I don’t think his actions match up with shooting her.

11. Geek24 says:

I’m calling it, Rebecca’s ghost shot Annalise!!!

12. I wish that someone would just shoot Bonnie.

13. Terra says:

Love this show!!!!!Keeps me wanting more
    Bonnie shot Annalise.She’s jealous of her,or should I say hates her

14. daynamonet says:

I FEEL it’s either Katherine Hapstall, Wes or Annalise herself. But honestly I feel like it could be anyone except oliver or eve. I don’t think frank because he’s just to loyal to her, but the only people i can really rule out are oliver and eve.

15. 1962tn9939 says:

It has to be one of her assistants

16. It can’t be Sinclair, she was ran over by Asher, and thrown of the balcony of the Hapstall’s home. Annalise either shot herself in the struggle telling someone else to shoot her, or it’s between Wes or Bonnie. Wes because of Rebecca and Bonnie, well she’s just plain Crazy.