Vampire Diaries Originals Crossover

Vampire Diaries/Originals Crossover Coming? EPs Talk 'Common Ground'

Not since the Unholy Mikaelson Trinity crashed Katherine’s goodbye party in Jan. 2014 have The Vampire Diaries and The Originals crossed paths — but it’s (maybe) possible that’s all about to change.

Speaking to reporters at a recent screening of the CW dramas, TVD executive producer Caroline Dries and Originals EP Michael Narducci discussed the likelihood of the two shows merging for a third time, offering some hope — albeit a thin sliver — for fans desperately craving a crossover.

“We’ve been thinking about how to make it work,” Dries said. “We have one large kitchen between the two of our offices, so I think — finally — we might be able to work something out. There are a lot of spinning plates.”

Added Narducci, “Our storylines are such that [The Vampire Diaries is] flashing forward, spending a little time in the now and in the future, and [The Originals is] spending a little time in the now … and in their distant pasts. In this immediate moment, it doesn’t necessarily lend itself to an easy merger of storyline. On both shows, you’re going to see those particular storylines … might have some more potential for common ground in the future.”

Of course, both Narducci and Dries are aware that the fate of TVD‘s core characters relies on the survival of the Mikaelsons — you know, sire lines and all that jazz — and always keep that fact in the backs of their minds.

“Our guys could just be drinking at Skull Bar and just die one day,” joked Dries, at which point Narducci reassured the room, “We want to make it so that there are real consequences to the events of [The Originals] that would not destroy Stefan Salvatore or Damon while they’re just hanging out.”

Time to weigh in: Are you dying for another crossover event, or are you fine with the two entities remaining separate? And if a third crossover does happen, what would you like to see? Drop a comment with all of your thoughts below.

1. D says:

about time, it’s a shared universe they should try to won at least one crossover a year even if it’s a little cameo

• Klefan says:

My two favorite characters together again. If I’m this excited over a picture I can’t imagine how I’ll be when the cross over takes place. YES!!!

• Eric says:

OMG, yes! Bring on the cross over. TO is better written but their ratings aren’t that great right now so as long as the cross over is done RIGHT then I’m all for it. Getting Stefan and Klaus back together plus Klaroline. Bonnie needs to be involved too so she can really see how to use her powers. This could really be good for TVD because everyone knows that show needs help and Michael Narducci could be the one to do it!

• Doppelgangerdaisy says:

No kidding. The Originals is killing it this season (I got tired of the mommy/daddy drama last season so I’m glad they changed it up).

• Gwen says:

Oh man I want a crossover but I need them to do it right like you said. Not only because of the different mythology/plots going on but also as a Klaroline fan. Writers, just remember Klaus last line in S4 to Caroline about being her last love so as long as that still jives with the crossover then I’m great. Please, Please don’t mess Klaroline up.

• FL says:

I’m all for a crossover as long as CD’s paws aren’t in it. That women ruins everything she touches. If Michael does it then yes!

• Sammy says:

The Bonnie idea is great! After her character’s powers peaked, they killed her off (her first time). Her character’s new role became utterly useless. I’m like, where’s that powerful character I came to love? One of the reasons Vampire Diaries is so great is because the characters grow. Bonnie’s regression/stagnation is like a falling climax that keeps falling. She could die and I could care less. Damon could have saved her role if he got with her but come on… that is something that can’t happen too fast. Would need more natural moments like when she literally jumped for joy right into his arms to make fans go wild and continue with high hopes, a slowly rising climax.

• Sammy says:

O, yah, and Bonnie and Enzo have had ZERO natural moments. Eye squinting can’t create meaningful, natural moments without a base to the relationship. Bonnie and Enzo have NEVER been put together on the show in ANY way. Fans aren’t going to jump at them suddenly flirting. I hope Kat continues using her real life friendship with Ian to build more natural moments despite the writers’ direction. Eventually they’ll succumb. Agape (unconditional) love between Damon and Elena. Philia (friendship) love between Bonnie and Damon. Give them a choice at the end. How can Bonnie and Damon’s love cross over to the Originals? Maybe that’s where it should happen. Even if they’re just spellbound to the other to confess. That is where it happens. And that is where it stays until the writers decide to finally cave. At least they’ll have options.

• Malachi says:

Enough with the ships. Bamon not gonna happen either will steroline. Get over your selves. None of the ship you want will never happen and Bonnie and enzo are the only couple that will last. And just luke everyone else there not canon

• Melody says:

It would be stupid if they didn’t do a cross over. They should’ve done one way before now. Agree that Klefan on screen again would be HOT! I could see them teaming up to take down the heretics.

• Luvprue1 says:

If they had did a crossover the rating wouldn’t have drop. They should have done a crossover a long time ago. A lot of shows do crossovers ,and some of them do not even have a connection like TO and TVD. Bones and Sleepy Hallow just did a crossover and it boost the rating of both shows.

• Hilary says:

YES, YES, YES to a crossover finally Klaroline!!!! Caroline’s character is dying because of sterolize.

• vamp says:

lets be real theres no actual romance going on in this show anymore its not that we want a crossover but WE NEED ONE we NEED matt and rebeka and klaus and caroline ITS 100 PERCENT NEEDED

• Alisha says:

I honestly want a crossover just so that they can put Klaroline to bed once & for all.. Because some ppl cant seem to grasp “Im planning for a future & it doesnt involve you” pretty much means “dont show me ur face again”.. I would find it hilarious if there was a crossover & no mention of KC whatsoever.. One can hope..

2. Remy says:

This needs to happen pronto! I had kinda felt like consequences on TO to TVD & vice versa had been dismissed the last year.

3. MyFairLady says:

That’s a great idea…I have switched from TVD to TO but I’d surely tune in to both shows for this! Make it happen

4. Ally Oop says:

I don’t really care if there’s a crossover. I’m against a Klaus/Caroline reconnection anyhow and I’m afraid we’d be submitted to that if a crossover does indeed happen.

5. Ari says:

Please don’t. The Originals is streets ahead of TVD. Don’t drag the Mikaelsons into the dumpster fire!

6. D says:

TVD is much better without Elena

• MyFairLady says:

No it’s not…TVD died along time ago

• Angela says:

No season 7 is amazing! Actually.

• Mau Ramirez says:

If there’s a crossover, the main reason of the that is the current problem of each character in originals and tvd. So if most people wants to have crossover for caroline and klaus ONLY?? with would be BORING. Girls? the camy and klaus relationship is better than klaroline. the mix of the character of camy and klaus are sweet even if they are always having an argue the two is still sweet

• Luvprue1 says:

I use to love Klaroline , and really wanted Caroline and Klaus to get together especially in the future. But after seeing Klaus and Cami I just ship. Klaus was so tender with Cami that they are a ship that I am rooting for.

Seeing how Cami and Klaus relationship unfold let me know if they wanted to give Bonnie a real love interest they would have.

I think it time for tvd to get serious about bring in the rating, and to do that they need to do a few things. They need to:

-Stop having Damon chase after a coffin.
          -Stop having Damon blaming other people for his crap.
          -Stop having Damon being mean to women (re:Lilly, Katherine)

-Give Bonnie a interesting love interest
          -More Stefan and Damon scenes

-Enzo and Damon bromamnce
          -Give Matt a interesting storyline.
          -Give Alaric something to do.

-Give Caroline a storyline other then worrying about her relationship with Stefan.

– Kill off all the boring heretic and start over .

Last but not least:

BRING BACK KATHERINE!!!

I

• Mau Ramirez says:

I agree with your ideas in TVD Luvprue1, there’s a lot of excitement when it comes to the vampire brothers Stef & Damon, Specially when they encounter an enemy that has a smart brain and more stronger than them.. And that kind of enemy of theirs are from the past which they realized they already met them centuries ago.. Also! like in season 2 they involved the werewolves and strong witches that they cannot face without any help from their friends. So for me, that kind of situation is the perfect timing to have an crossover between TVD and TO specially there’s already 2 hybrids haley and klaus. and long lost sister freya. how exciting is that? :)

• Donna says:

Absolutely!
            I am a Klaroline fan though.

• Luvprue1 says:

If they do decide to do a crossover, it’s likely to be a minor character like the Hunter, or one of the heretics.

• Doppelgangerdaisy says:

Totally agree. I liked Elena but the show has been really energized by her absence.

7. LT says:

I have come to the realization…and probably gonna take some flak for this since many of you probably already knew this. BUT…Joseph Morgan is quite a fantastic actor! The guy is mesmerizing on screen.

8. Kate says:

Well, the flash forwards on TVDs take a little air out of the tension in the Originals (given we have seen the four vampires we give two shakes about kind of implies at least not all the Originals get eliminated..and likely none of them since its sort of never clear, but I think Elijah turned Katherine, so if we see Damon, Stefan and Caroline, voila, he’s safe, I don’t think we have any idea where Lily comes from so its not clear whose sire line Enzo belongs to but Rebekkah has the safety of a witch body to hide in and I could see her line being the type that dotes on the outcasts and sick people that Aurora, Lily and Enzo were when they ‘died’) but I had the sort of fun idea that the show might just finally say, lets just play with the Caroline/Klaus idea. And it was kind of the planning and neurotic girl that he liked which was the primary part of her personality we saw.

• Luvprue1 says:

Actually , Elijah didn’t turn Katherine. Rose did. Katherine had Rose blood in her system when she died. Rose is from Klaus’s line. All of the TVD character are from Klaus’s line. That was established in season 3.

• Bob says:

Elijah did not turn Katherine, it was Rose appearing in SN 2 TVD and Rose was turned by a Vampire Named Mary Porter who is seen dead in Season 3 after Kol had killed her.

9. Merida says:

Ugh, I hope they’re not just pandering to the crazy-ass Klaroliners again…

• Luvprue1 says:

Hey Klaroline has a big following and it would boost rating if they were to toy with the idea. There are still a lot of fans who would love to see Caroline go to New Orleans.

I can see Caroline , or Stefan calling up Klaus, or Elijah to have them deal with the heretic problem. All Klaus and Elijah has to do is compel Lilly and Julian to control Mary Louise ,Valerie and Nora.

• Scribe says:

Helluva lot more convincing than the Steroline crap. I haven’t tuned in to TVD since.

• Me too. No crossover. No Klaroline. I am happy with that option. This article, in essence, is talking about how a crossover is kind of difficult right now. But that perhaps at some point in the future (not likely this season) it might be possible. I’m just seeing all these jubilent responses, as if a crossover is ACTUALLY about to happen. Also, I think MN and CD know whats up. If there was a crossover, Caroline will probably be out of town. No way they will ever put her and Klaus into the same room again – unless it was possibly the final episode of the final season of TO. Klaroliners will make their lives hell.

10. I would love to see another crossover between the shows, it could potentially correct the course for Vampire Diaries which is getting a bit jumbled with its storylines.

11. Kades says:

I can see Esther showing up on The
    Vampire diaries. I predict that Esther is going to be one of the vampire soul in the Phoenix Stone. Esther was a vampire after all and that would be a great way to bring her back.

Or maybe Stefan and Caroline can seek refuge from the hunter/huntress in New Orleans.

However I would love for Bonnie to go to New Orleans and show the witchs how things are done.

Another possibility could be Rebecca go to Mystic Fall to see some of the people she sire. Lilly had died of tb and don’t know who sire her. Rebecca worked in a hospital ,and I can see her using her blood to cure people, or to try to anyway.

12. Neal says:

Well if you bring back then amazing and talented Claire Holt then I’m all for it. I like TO more than TVD but I really miss Claire. Like I said she is amazing and talented!

13. Kamilia alhakim says:

YESSS WE ARE IN NEED OF A CROSSOVER BETWEEN THESE TWO SHOWS! I love when klaus & the gang all work together

14. Angie says:

LET IT BE A KLAROLINE CROSSOVER …WE WAITED THREE YEARS 😭😭😭

15. Levin winn says:

Can the Hertics in the Vampire Diaries go up against Klaus on the originals?

• Luvprue1 says:

I would love for the originals to go up against the heretic. I can see Freya,Elijah and Klaus working together with Damon, Stefan and Bonnie to take down the heretic.

16. Ray says:

Could be worthwhile. The insane Steroline worshipers might get their knickers in a twist but there’s a lot of potentially good stories that could come out of this if the crossover does happen. I liked how The Originals’ Rebekah always found a way to mess with TVD’s Stefan and seeing Joseph Morgan interact with Candice King (nee Accola) is always great. Just leave Phoebe Tonkin’s idiotic werewolf Hayley behind because the character isn’t even all that interesting to start with.

17. Mary says:

I need to see Klaus and Caroline on screen again…I really hope it’s a Klaroline crossover..don’t crush my heart again!

18. Khaleesi says:

A Klaus and Caroline crossover would be great. Fans have been waiting for this for so long now.
    Klaroline for the win.

19. Lily. M says:

OMG Joseph and Candice interact again, pure chemistry, although the probability is minimal, but it would be nice to see them again.

I think that the crossovers will Damon and Klaus, and Damon will mention Caroline to Klaus.

20. Gilded Lady says:

Given how adamantly anti-crossover Narducci has been to date, I remain exceedingly skeptical that one happens any time soon. If it does though, I’m very supportive of Joseph Morgan’s idea of having Damon drop by for an ep to resolve some problem.

21. Deb says:

Yes finally! Hope there will be Klaroline crossovers 🙏🏻

22. Deb says:

Yess finally! Hope to see Caroline crossing over to Nola 😋

23. Claire says:

KLAROLINE CROSSOVERS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KLAUS IS MISERABLE AGAIN AND CAROLINE IS INSECURE AGAIN AND THEY BRING EACH OTHER’S BEST THEY BALANCR EACH OTHER, THE LIGHT AND THE DARKNESS,THEY’RE ENDGAME 😩😩😩💕💕💕

24. Levin winn says:

In the crossover there should be a battle between The Hertics and The Originals/Klaus the fans would love to see it

25. Anaëlle says:

Let it be a Klaroline crossover, please!!!
    A crossover between both shows is a wonderful idea that should have happened a long time ago since The Originals is The Vampire Diaries’ spin off and they evolve in the same universe. Julie Plec promised a lot of crossovers when the spin off first aired and we never had the occasion to sctually see that on screen, we are just waiting for her to follow through with her promises and seeing Candice King Accola and Joseph Morgan interacting together on screen would be a wonderful idea for a crossover.

26. Sam says:

Hopefully this crossover will allow us to have AT LEAST a Caroline mention from Klaus. I think we have been waiting for this long enough, just saying.

27. Charissa29 says:

Never watched the Originals, and haven’t watched TVD in years, but if Caroline and Klaus are onscreen together, I will!

28. Leah says:

I really would love to see a Klaroline crossover but I also want a good storyline this time…Let’s hope and see what happens

29. Chryssa K says:

Give us some Klaroline ASAP!!!!

30. Fatima says:

OMG I want a crossover so bad for some klaroline!!!! for thoes haters that don’t want it don’t watch if klaroline happens it’s great cuz KLAROLINE IS ENGAME

31. Ashbash says:

Considering that with the sire lines trying to kill the originals I thought that a crossover was always in the works. The main vampires on TVD are from Elijah’s line which puts them in danger, they are also the ones who almost successfully killed an original and who probably have some of that the wood from the tree that kill the originals hidden somewhere. there are so many ways a crossover could work

32. Kelly says:

Finally a crossover you know want that means a klaroline reunion will be awsome!!! And come on a lot ppl ship klaroline and still have hope like me and other ppl in the fandom. Come on u know if klaroline happens the ratings will be big u know don’t play and cuz now delena gone and have Sterotrash the show going nowhere the only hope for the show is KLAROLINE!!!!! Please make klaroline happen again🙏🙏

• Donna says:

You’re right, we’ve been waiting 3 years so please grant our desire to watch Klaus and Caroline together again. #Klaroline

33. Becca says:

I would love a Klaroline crossover too, and I think waiting 3 years makes it LONG overdue.
    But I’m not so sure I’d want to see one just yet, if Steroline and Klamille are still such a heavy focus in each show’s narrative. I certainly don’t want to watch Caroline cross over to NOLA for Klaus to wax poetic about how Stefan is such a better option for Caroline, or to watch Caroline tell Klaus how good Camille is for him and how he should let himself fall in love with the brave bartender. Not something I want to see at all.

34. zed says:

Bring on the crossover!!!!!!Surely the Originals would need Elena’s doppelganger blood or Bonnie’s witchcraft!!!

35. Jared says:

I’m not dying for a TVD/TO Crossover but I guess it makes sense now that both shows are on the same night which would just make it convenient at this point.

36. michael says:

There needs to be a crossover. I love both shows and really enjoyed the stuff that went down with the originals and the main characters of the vampire diaries. I feel another crossover of storylines would be perfect for fans and the future to come. Please grant this wish!!!!!!!!😁😁😁

37. Val M says:

if it won’t be a Klaroline crossover (which I love to) yet. My bet Sefan and Elijah.

38. KLAROLINE says:

PLEASE DO A KLAUS AND CAROLINE CROSSOVER THATS ALL I ASK

39. Luci says:

Vampire diaries-close that book. Originals is best show with best actors and story lines–

40. Nellie says:

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I vote no crossovers.

I haven’t watched Vampire Diaries in years, but I do watch The Originals. A crossover focused on Vampire Diaries storylines isn’t something I want watch (or would even be able to follow).

41. David says:

from which episode is the main picture with Klaus and stephen taken from?

42. Doppelgangerdaisy says:

I’d love to see these shows merge. I would love to see Klaus and Caroline get together again. Maybe while Valerie and Stefen get stuck together somehow. That would be cool. I’m not buying Bonnie and Enzo. Bonnie and Damon would have been better IMO. They could have Elena tell them it’s Ok from the great beyond. Or Damon and Alaric. That’d be hilarious.

43. Traceymarg says:

I would like a crossover only if our tvd and original favourites band together to eliminate the forces working against them. Furthermore. I would love to see Bonnie and Davina go head to head. Bring it on.

44. Malachi says:

Look at these two shows. TO is much ahead in story and writting yet, it get 0.4 average on ratings!!! TVD just being burn to the ground with the fan service they give us(and no, the show didn’t get better in Elena absences cause it’s clear the writer are to coward to just kill her off). If these two do crossover they better have some Davina/Bonnie sences. And have Matt a darn storyline for once.

45. Kristine says:

A crossover would be amazing, but it has been so long now that the wind has definitely gone out of my sails. Ever since TVD 100th episode- when the excitement for both shows was at its height- the producers suddenly became dead set against crossovers which I never really understood. I used to be so enthusiastic about the prospect of Damon or Stefan heading to NOLA, or seeing if there would still be any chemistry left between Klaus and Caroline if they shared another scene together, but I am definitely not anticipating it anymore. It has just been too disappointing to hope for it. TO producers have been so negative about crossovers, I would be really surprised if they changed their minds and actually gave us one even with the drop in ratings.

46. Bianca says:

If they do crossover WE HAVE TO SEE KLAUS AND CAROLINE TOGETHER !

47. mary says:

klaroline and bonnie

48. ALL I KNOW IS THAT IF THERE IS GOIMG TO BE A CROSSOVER THE HERETICS SHOULD FIGHT KLAUS AND PROBABLY MICHAEL BE RAISED THROUGH THE PHEONX SRONE (since they said the old vampire stone is still in there) OR SOME DANGEROUS AND I MEAN DANGEROUS OLD VAMPIRE THAT WOULD BE QUITE DIFFICULT FOR ELIJAH AND KLAUS TO BEAT. ALSO BRING BONNIE BENNETT TO THE ORIGINALS SO SHE CAN SHOW THE WITCHES HOW ITS DONE (technically Bonnie, Freya, Davina, and maybe Dahila/ Quetisyah) are the ultimate badass witches. Bonnie needs to go nack to season 2 and 4 badass just with extreme witch powers and hopefully explore some dark magic. Who knows maybe she’ll have a love interest also. At least bring Bonnie, Damon/ Alaric to New orleans awesome duo. Also please no klaroline or at least let them have a mutual agreement that they can finally part several ways on good terms. Also I hope Klaus sees how Bamon has evolved (being besties hopefully lovers) and makes a remark about it. Just love that elena is not there to steall all the attention from the characters and to make everything all about her. Also bring kol and rebekah back in their original bodies!!! And I want lucian/ trustan or aurora to interact with Bonnie, just let her be badass or have a team up with davina/ freya or her vs. davina

• Gwen says:

Agree with all this except Klaroline needs to have a scene and keep with the knowledge that Klaus is Caroline’s last. Would also love if Stefan and Rebekah hook up again they were on fire together!