Madam Secretary Ratings

Ratings: Madam Secretary, Good Wife Rebound from Season Lows

CBS’ Madam Secretary this Sunday drew 10.6 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating, rising 12 and 27 percent from last week’s episode (which hit season lows up against, among other things, the deciding game of the World Series).

Similarly, The Good Wife (8.2 mil/1.1) was up 8 and 22 percent from last week’s series lows. CSI: Cyber (5.4 mil/0.8) ticked up a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | Once Upon a Time (4.9 mil/1.5) added a few eyeballs while matching last week’s all-time demo low. Blood & Oil (3.4 mil/0.8) also was flat in the demo, while Quantico (4.4 mil/1.3) ticked up in both measures.

FOX | Bob’s Burgers (3.1 mil/1.4) was up, while The Simpsons (3.5 mil/1.5), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.7 mil/1.2), Family Guy (2.6 mil/1.1) and Last Man on Earth (2.6 mil/1.0) all dropped from their football-boosted previous episodes.

NBC | Sunday Night Football (21 mil/7.6) ticked up from last week’s fast nationals.

1. Boiler says:

Nice for Mme. Secretary. OUAT having very good season. Hope #’s trending up. One of few shows I watch live

2. Kenny says:

Shocked that Family guy keeps falling… Seemed to be guy proof for a while

3. kmw says:

Good for CBS, bad again for Blood and Oil. FOX sure needs football to help them on Sundays

4. herman1959 says:

That was a great game – the Eagles are now in 2nd place – but, what is going on with the Cowboys (6 losses in a row)?

• Coach Taylor says:

2nd place at 4-4….pathetic

• Hipper says:

As much crap NFC East gets for being bad (and they should)… no one is talking about the AFC South- EVERY team is UNDER .500.

• Ninamags says:

Well, considering Romo got hurt in the 2nd week of the season, and Dez was hurt as well. They keep getting hurt (Lee and others last night), too.

It’s pathetic. A team should have competent replacements in the event that disaster strikes. It’s a shame because some of those games have been pretty close. They’re not totally getting blown away.

5. Gerald says:

You know I am still watching and enjoying Blood and Oil. I have my fingers crossed it doesn’t get cancelled. Maybe it could be summer programming for ABC.
    Also enjoying Once, Quantico and Brooklyn 99.
    Good Wife I keep watching, but usually days later. Nothing “must see live” about that show.

6. Kansas Blutbad says:

World Series last week. Go Royals. 90% of TVs in KC tuned into game. Upticks in a week like that are meaningless

7. T says:

Surprised OUAT ticked up. This is the first season I have not enjoyed at all. I keep on hoping it will change but find myself FF through much of it the last few episodes.

8. Mr. Tran K says:

I’m wondering whether Quantico should fill the void left by Blood & Oil in the 9 pm Sunday night time slot or move to another night possibly on Tuesdays @ 10 which was originally slated during the upfronts.

9. kim says:

Madam Secretary is the BEST show on TV!!

10. Madam_Secretary_Fan says:

Happy for Madam Secretary. Craig Sterling has to be the person who arranged for the virus to be on Air Force One, etc. Or are the writers just casually planting the idea in our heads so we can be surprised by who really did it? In my mind, Sterling is written as a huge slime bucket, one who would do anything to move up in the chain of command. (I’ll be disappointed if it’s someone else cause I’d really like to see this guy taken down, though I love how MS puts him in his place every now and then. That is awesome.)

• Sims says:

I think Craig Sterling is too obvious a choice, mainly because like you I’ve already considered it haha. These writers don’t always take the obvious route so hoping for something way more surprising.

11. Sims says:

Madam Secretary is so good this season, right??? The sophomore slump doesn’t seem to apply here at all. Glad people are tuning in.