Blindspot Renewed

Blindspot Renewed for Season 2 at NBC

Blindspot has a freshly-inked renewal deal to show off.

A mere two months into its launch, NBC has already picked up the rookie hit for a second season.

Blindspot thus far is averaging 8.7 million weekly viewers and a 2.4 rating — sometimes equaling the combined demo delivery for time slot rivals Castle and NCIS: LA. Those numbers grow to 12.7 mil and a 3.7 with best available DVR playback data.

“We are over the moon with the success of Blindspot, and want to thank our producers and amazing cast for creating one of the most riveting shows on television,” said Jennifer Salke, President of NBC Entertainment. “We literally can’t wait to see what the second season will bring.”

Blindspot is the first new fall series of the 2015-16 season to snag a Season 2 renewal.

1. Stephon JS says:

Congrats to 1st show this season to get a full season and a 2nd season

2. wrstlgirl says:

Deserved.

3. Annie says:

Yay!! It’s a good show with a great ensemble of characters who you actually root for.
    Now I’m hoping NBC makes good on that Blacklist crossover they teased :P

4. Lysh says:

Yay, great! It’s an awesome show…that I’m two week’s behind on (whoops!). But I still love it. Congrats to them!

5. Dean says:

Guess it is the new Blacklist.

6. aph1976 says:

Congrats to the show Blindspot for getting a second season renewal this early.However now the show’s producers can plan accordingly for how they want this season to end without having to worry about been cancelled.

7. Clandestine Green says:

I feel so bad for Philip Winchester.

8. lame says:

I first thought this was a one trick pony , that they would never be able to make something this far out of left field work. We’ll they have me hooked, in spite of the fact that they’re nowhere close to figuring out the who or why. Intriguing storylines that seem to go nowhere on the surface, but indicating there’s much there.

9. star says:

We need Phillip winchester on it if the player is going to be cancelled. I need my strike back boys to reunite

10. James D says:

Was expecting it but I’m glad its official so early. Blindspot is definitely my favorite new show of the season.

11. Mr. Tran K says:

Happy about the news but I have to know if Blindspot was a better show than The Player on NBC. Now that the series is getting renewed, wonder if there’s a chance Mysteries of Laura gets canceled because it’s the one show that I had a zero interested in. One other thing, I’m wondering if Blindspot stays on Mondays or move to another night despite of the renewal.

• Jake says:

I enjoy “The Mysteries Of Laura” it’s a show that you can watch and not have to take seriously. I love Debra Messing…

12. Clarance says:

Move over “Castle! I got a new show “BLINDSPOT”

13. Tania says:

I believe this show has potential because the stories based on the tattoos on”Taylor Shaw” body are extense since she has her entire body covered with tattoos and we havent even seen like I bet 5% of her tattoos and there are plenty plenty on her body to continue to make stories about it. Congratulations on the show to get a Season 2.

14. SO says:

Maybe I’l try it. Never have watched it.

15. Yeah!! It needs a bit of work but it’s very promising. Please DO NOT renew Quantico, it’s TERRIBLE!!!!!

• Katherine215 says:

One show has nothing to do with the other. I don’t understand wanting a show to fail when you apparently don’t even watch it, particularly when other people seem to enjoy it. What does it matter to you if it remains on the air? I could see if there was another ABC show it was in competition with, but this is an aritcle about an NBC show, which has no impact on Quantico’s renewal chances.

16. Wow I am so happy, this is one of my favorite new shows now, glad to see we will get to see more of it next season! Now if only my other new favorites would also get picked up, Minority Report and Limitless! Limitless looks like its doing okay, but Minority Report isn’t doing well at all! It’s such a good show too, people need to stop watching reality shows and start watching more well written drama and scifi shows, like Minority Report!

17. Guy says:

One of the very few worthwhile new shows this year. Glad it’ll be coming back for season 2. Most other new shows have been a total bust.

18. girlieq24 says:

Love this show. So glad it got renewed!

19. pati says:

Yay for Sullivan Stapleton, the show is very good. Now hopefully some miracle will happen and the player will get renewed too, if not Phillip Winchester can guest star on blindspot =)

20. Candy says:

Just wanted to say Thank You NBC for the renewal of season 2 Blindspot! This is the best tv show on tv! Thanks just keep it in for several seasons to come!😍

21. Rick Katze says:

Great show. Glad it’s been renewed. My DVR, however, is groaning since I watch all three (Castle and NCIS: LA being the others)shows at 10pm, often on tape if the football game is interesting.

22. prish says:

This show is so silly, but I can’t stop watching it! The husband considers the fighting too amateurish and won’t get on board. We both love The Player, which has him on the edge of his seat, literally, watching every martial arts move. We’re also hoping it gets picked up.

23. kmw says:

Not a surprise and good that NBC renewed it

24. kirads09 says:

Bit of a no brainer on NBC’s part. I am glad. Loving the show.

25. luke says:

Is Jane going to continue with that deer caught in headlights look with every new tattoo in second season aswell…

• jmag says:

It’s that just about to cry look that bugs me. And I want to see less shipping of the two leads and because their chemistry is just not there.

• adm1406 says:

Surely you understand that until she has answers to who she is, who she was, what happened to her etc, then that’s exactly how she’s supposed to look – lost and confused.

26. Leanne says:

Love this show. Love Blacklist as well. Two of my favorite shows. Jury still out on Limitless

27. Blindspot and Supergirl are the only two dramas I had for renewals. The two comedies Grandfathered and The Muppets are in trouble. I still think both will get renewed. Fingers crossed. The big surprise is Rosewood.

28. Tony p says:

Thank you, great show I can’t get enough of! Keep em coming👊🏼

29. damroberts744 says:

I assume Quantico will likely be next.

30. Rick Burgoyne says:

We like the show until tonight. The writers decided to go far left on every agenda. From planned parenthood to cops being dirty and killing innocent people. I just need to be entertained. I can go to church to be preached to.

31. Ali says:

Blindspot is pretty good, but Blacklist is better. I enjoy them both and also like Limitless (It reminds me a bit of “Chuck.” God I miss that show.) As for Quantico, I dumped that a long time ago. What a bunch of PC drivel.

32. BillyBobJohnson says:

Very good show. Just hope they don’t run out of tattoos!

33. Laurel says:

I think this show is great. got me as a regular viewer. glad to know it is going to the next season. seems every time I like a new show it gets cancelled

34. Bayleigh says:

I’m 16 years old, & I love yalls show! I swear, I never missed a episode. I love how y’all made it where nobody would want to take their eyes off the tv! It catches my eye. Y’all made this show so exciting & I never been into the puzzle solving thing. But, this show caught my eye & I hope this could be a everyday show. It’s amazing! I really think it should be advertised on every channel! Because it’s just so great! I love the love story. It has a’little bit of everything in it. & I love Jane/ Taylor shaw.. She is what makes the show pop!

35. Betty One says:

Love Jane & Weller. This is a great TV show, like a live novel. So glad it will make Season 2.

36. tiffany says:

When does season 2 of blindspot come on?

37. DARREN says:

This show is amazing.. I started watching it and wow did I get hooked. I happen to love the leading actress she is doing a a+++ job in character.

38. Sam says:

Is Blindspot coming back on this season? Last show I watched was end of Nov.

39. derrick says:

blindspot was average for me. didn’t enjoy it.

40. Doris says:

I love this series , it is different from others almost came to the end of season 1 and checked if there is going to be season 2 . that is how much I like it. thanks .

41. Lyngal says:

I enjoy Blindspot; good show/cast. I did spot a “blooper” in episode 13. The Russian spy, Olivia, was drowned in the toilet by her lawyer–but when the camera showed her dead body slumped over the toilet, her right arm moved! Quite a feat for a dead body! But it’s still a good show.

42. Flabbergasted says:

Whaaaat? I can’t believe this dumb show got picked up for a second season. Wow. The viewing bar just got a LOT lower. Well, I guess it is the best of the other played-out shows it is running against so people may feel they have no choice but to watch it, but I am still very surprised. The main actress is bland as you can get, and the premise is horrifically DUMB. So you have this woman you know absolutely nothing about except that she was abducted at a young age and then trained to fight (NO, there is no way to be SURE she is special ops if she was abducted at that young an age and there are no records for her – duh – her special ops tattoos couldn’t be tattooed as part of her other tattoos??? Hullo.), so let’s immediately forego any kind of academy to join the FBI or training, and let’s put her in this elite group where SHE always seems to be the one that does the heavy lifting … Wow, people, if YOU, the audience SETTLE for dumb shows like these, THAT is what they will continue to churn out. Unbelievable.

43. Fay hodge says:

I have spent tonight watching Blindspot. The show is crazy. When you go to listen to what is being said the music is so loud you can’t understand what anybody is saying. Even the plot of the show doesn’t make sense why would they trust this person or let her work with the others.

44. Carl says:

This is the best show on tv. I dvr this one every week. It’s well written and a Great concept. The main characters are Perfect cast matchup. “Jane Doe” is smoking hot fun to watch.

45. Larry Gregory says:

You have to keep the show on it is one of the best shows to watch.