Good Wife Recap: Fresh Off the Goat

Even during its most serious episodes, The Good Wife has delivered moments as funny (if not funnier) than the majority of network comedies. Yet while that’s a major selling point for CBS’ most deliciously twisty drama (I’d present Season 6’s “Oppo Research” as Exhibit A), I’m a little worried creators Robert and Michelle King have started to become a little too fond of sitcommy devices — including, but not just limited to Eli’s closet office — these last few weeks.

Peter Florrick is now a serious threat to Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, and yet we’re supposed to believe his highly sought-after campaign manager would dress him and Alicia in Barack and Michelle Obama winter-weather drag — then dump them in a balmy school gymnasium — for his official “I’m running” speech? (To put it another way, you landed Margo Martindale for a recurring role — and this is the best material you can cook up for her?)

Diane Lockhart has long been one of the smartest, hardest-nosed and screamingly liberal attorneys in all of Chicago, but now suddenly she’s come down with a case of white-privileged-foot-in-mouth disease that’s left her a pair of boxer shorts and a mid-afternoon nap away from looking like Howard Lyman?

And while it’s always a delight to see Ugly Betty standout Michael Urie back on my TV screen, is there a Good Wife fan on the planet who wanted the Kings to reopen the NSA wire-tap subplot of Seasons 5/6?

Granted, there are plenty of intriguing balls in the air in Season 7: Lucca Quinn is an ambitious delight; Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Jason Crouse is a possibly dangerous enigma; and I’m still waiting to see whether/how Eli and/or Alicia might choose to detonate their bombs on Peter’s national ambitions. But I can’t lie and say “Lies” isn’t my least-favorite Good Wife installment since Season 6’s are-you-daring-me-to-change-the-channel “Mind’s Eye.”

Raise your right hand and tell the truth if you’re in agreement. But even if you’re not, grab an Alabama Slammer and stick with me for a recap of this week’s installment:

CASE OF THE WEEK/CAN OF WORMS | Alicia and Lucca tackle the case of a Silicon Valley exec who loses her job after she’s caught in a lie about her résumé during a company-mandated polygraph test. Turns out, though, the real reason for her firing is her involvement with a side project — an app designed to predict outcomes in TV series based on their pilots — that’s been purchased by the NSA to predict terrorist behavior via wire-tapped phone calls. It’s as complicated as Avril Lavigne’s first hit single, but it leads Alicia to reach out to former client Jeff Dellinger (The Office‘s Zach Woods) for help. Little does she know, she’s back on the NSA’s radar — thanks to the app’s applications — much to the delight of the techs who’d previously found themselves so entertained by her personal and professional dramas. Alicia and Lucca wind up scoring an unexpected settlement for their client, but when the name Edward Snowden is innocently dropped, it scores the NSA guys an extension on their 48-hour tap, and puts Alicia right back in the agency’s crosshairs. Those of you complaining about Good Wife story arcs repeating themselves, here’s more fuel for your fire… The episode ends with the NSA guys watching a video of bleating goats synced up with Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” and just like that I have to question the seriousness of everything from the 57 minutes that preceded it.

RUN, FLORRICK, RUN! | Eli and Ruth meet for drinks — I do not believe for a second Eli would choke at the taste of an Alabama Slammer, or more accurately allow Ruth to see him choke on it — but the bottom line is she wants him in her corner now that it looks like Peter might be running for the presidency, not just for a spot as Hillary’s veep. Somehow, Ruth becomes obsessed with making Peter’s announcement look exactly like Obama’s — right down to wardrobe and setting! — and this makes absolutely no sense to me. DOESN’T THIS CAMPAIGN PRO REALIZE THIS TYPE OF “SINGLE WHITE FEMALE” OPTICS WOULD MAKE PETER AN IMMEDIATE LAUGHINGSTOCK??? (It’s not like Ruth is drawing parallels with a president of yore, but rather the man who’s currently in office!) Also, the lame subplot of an “interfaith breakdancing competition” stopping Peter from announcing in the same place as Obama feels as dubious as a tale from Ben Carson’s early years. I expect my Good Wife laughs to be prime-cut, not bargain basement.

Alicia, however, realizes Eli is scheming in some way — against Ruth, maybe against her hubby — but she’s more bothered by her chief of staff’s judgmental “huh” when she makes a margarita in front of him and uses her finger as a stirrer. She has a right to be suspicious, we learn, as Eli turns up the heat on compromised bond-court Judge Schakowsky, and gets him to secure the cooperation of the man who arranged the hack of the voting machines for which Alicia’s campaign took the fall. Eli’s strategy is to get DNC chief Landau to introduce Peter at his big speech, then leak Landau’s malfeasance to the media, but then Schakowsky drops a bomb: Peter is just as complicit as Landau, and wanted to rig the election to help his wife. And just like that, Eli’s uncertain if he wants Alicia destroyed as collateral damage in his quest for revenge. We’re left with the cliffhanger, though, of whether or not he’ll do the right thing. (Actually, what is the right thing in this case?)

RUN, ALICIA, RUN! | Alicia, worried about malpractice insurance for her budding firm with Lucca, begins looking into their freelance investigator’s checkered past. The judge that Jason punched back in New Jersey warns Alicia that Jason will “eat away at your life from the inside” and warns she should read The Sociopath Next Door for clues to how he’s wired, but Lucca’s digging into the case yields intel that Crouse and the judge both walked away from the alleged assault without a scrape. The story, as they say, is developing…

MEANWHILE, AT FLORRICK-AGOS-WHITEY-WHITENSTEIN | As Cary, Diane, David Lee and Howard interview prospective associates, a young African-American candidate named Monica Timmons gets hit with inappropriate question after inappropriate question, such as Howard’s “What are you, Nigerian or what?” — but also by Cary’s assumption she’s from a tough neighborhood and Diane’s assumption (upon hearing she’s a Maryland native) that she’s automatically from Baltimore. The line of questioning makes sense for clueless Lyman, but I don’t buy it for characters as sharp and sensitive as Cary and Diane. There are an infinite number of more interesting ways to explore the need for diversity in the workplace than such a clunky, out-of-left-field story arc, but apparently this is where we’re headed. Monica has been secretly taping her interviews, and cuts together a damning highlight reel she shows to Diane, along with the scathing indictment that she doesn’t want Ms. Lockart’s understanding or advice — she needs a job. And just like that, I kinda wish that The Good Wife had cut loose Christine Baranski and Matt Czuchry prior to Season 7 rather than shoehorning them into the story in such unfortunate ways. (Shout your disagreement in the comments if I’m way off the mark here, OK?)

What did you think of this week’s Good Wife? Are you troubled by the direction the show and some of its story arcs have taken the last couple weeks? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Davey says:

Some of the episode was heavy handed yet other parts were downright brilliant.

2. bar says:

I’m so overjoyed that the NSA (and all of its cast!) is back!! Those are some of my favorite episodes of the whole series and I’m glad the episode set up more like it.

3. Chip says:

I would have to disagree with you about the Diane/Cary subplot. Even the most self avowed liberal person can be condescending and unaware of their own privilege.

4. Cameron says:

I love Diane Lockhart but she has always been kinda clueless in her desperation to mentor. Classic White Feminist stuff, I think it worked.

5. FayeD says:

I thought this episode of “The Good Wife” took the series to a new low. Some of this such as Peter running for President is ridiculous.

6. Laura says:

I agree with you about Christine Baranski and Matt Czuchry. It’s been obvious to me all season that they’re being shoehorned in.

• Blurgh says:

Agreed. Not sure why the show couldn’t have been continually interesting with Diane, Alicia, and Cary at one firm. But the exorbitant amount of subplots is getting absurd as is the constant restructuring of the firms.

Can we please keep Alicia with Lucca for at least two seasons before she up and changes to another firm or runs for another elected office?!

7. Pixel says:

Matt Czuchry and Christine Baranski are just getting the Kalinda’s treatment. They asked them to sign a 2 years contract to give them C plots, no character development and zero material to work with. I really hope for them that’s the last season or they’re doomed to waste another year for a show which is clearly wasting them on purpose.

• Jeri says:

Agree with your comment on the Kalinda treatment. This whole season is all over the place with no connection between Juliannna/Alicia and the former cast members. Julianna seems to only want to interact with new cast members. This may be the last season it’s so poorly written.

• Mike M says:

Think about it – it really should be the last season based on Peter alone. All series the plot arcs have run around his moving up in the political world. Finally he is running for president. He loses; where can he go from there? He wins; Alicia is first lady and she could hardly still practice law in a courtroom. I pray it’s the last season so Czuchry and Baranski can get to leave with their heads held high and don’t have to join the long list of actors that have exited (or been forced to exit). Isolating Alicia’s character and bringing in a brand new support character for her as if she was totally alone in the world, was incredulously beyond ridiculous. As if total separation of Alicia from all main series character story lines hadn’t already been proven to the Kings a thousand times over to be incredibly painful to fans – they go full force and do it to maximum extent. While adding insult to injury as Margulies sits, stands, talks, drinks etc etc in scene and in person with the new instant life-long friend and immediate business partner… which is all both totally unbelievable for her character, while also utterly smashing a big F You in the face of all Kalinda fans. I watch now only out of dedication to those characters who are left that I still love so much, and they no longer include either Alicia or Peter. I simply get the feeling the Kings really no longer care all that much about either this show nor its fans now that they have a new Brain Dead show to work on. I hate the phrase “Jump The Shark” with a passion, but it feels like some kind of aquatic creature is warming up in a trailer of the set. Hurry up and make Peter president and let’s watch you bring finally beach this whale.

• Pixel says:

I agree. I don’t think they care anymore. And I don’t like that reboot. It would have worked with Alicia still working at LAL and the new characters added to the mix (so they could have interacted not just with her but with Cary and Diane from the start) but separating her from Cary and Diane wasn’t a good idea and not just for Cary and Diane, who are now just left with leftovers in terms of storyline and constantly written in a bad light or out of character just because they’re out of Alicia’s aura. They’ve surgically removed from her not just the firm but always two of the most meaningful relationships in her life which IMO can’t be replaced by “instant life” friend/partner and instant life “love interest” so quickly or easily.

• Mike M says:

Exactly, she’s always either gone back to the firm, or taken half of it with her to fight against it. She’s been paid out of her partnership, she now has no business ties to it whatsoever and seemingly hardly any personal ties left for that matter. With no actual attempt whatsoever to tie the firm into her story arcs so far (with the one pitiful exception of the golden egg of being passed the firms “extra” cases in one scene that went absolutely nowhere) so the Kings are left to weave separate story arcs AT the firm that have nothing whatsoever to do with the “Good Wife”. Since it’s all about Alicia and where she is and who she works with (and always has been) I find myself asking “seriously WHY is the firm a story line at all any more then?” And immediately answering myself by saying “because there is no real show left without it”. I sense yet again the real reason is an actress that doesn’t really want to film with others any more unless she has to, and a pair of show runners that now just go yep OK, whatever. They will probably keep the patient alive until they see how the new show goes, and if it’s successful, then remove all life support entirely. And look at the news today… JDM is going to Walking Dead… my final hope is that maybe he will change character before he leaves (after all, he’s supposed to be a sociopath or whatever according to the Judge) and take out Mrs Florrick with a gnarly baseball bat. I could quite happily live with that ending right now. Scott Gimple: “Nobody saw the Good Wife / Walking Dead crossover coming… in the end we’re very proud of the way it worked – great ratings again for TGW too – win win for everyone!”

8. Paige says:

Spot on recap. For the entire hour I was saying WTF. Plausibility out the window.

9. Blurgh says:

“The app’s applications?” Isn’t app short for application, making that phrase redundant?

10. mike says:

I agree, who wants the NSA back in the story? I ended up really hating that story-line last time and do not want that again.

• suzyku says:

Totally agree with you!

• schu says:

Agree as well! I think the NSA subplot is way to convoluted and so ridiculous. And I really don’t understand the how they are going to use her saying the words “the next Edward Snowden” as a backdoor to keep trailing her when she was using that to refer to the exact some person that caught their attention, weren’t they supposed to find someone else? Doesn’t make any sense and really I so disliked the NSA subplot the first go around.

11. Lynn B. says:

I think it’s getting kind of lame. I love Alicia and am always interested in seeing wat she does next but miss a romantic triangle and find it hard to believe that these two would stay together in real life (Peter and Alicia) and it would not be exposed that they’re not even living under the same roof. Like the new investigator and Lucca so anxious to see if they will develop their characters further. I agree with others herein that they are too many subplots and I don’t care for the NSA guys.

12. abz says:

I enjoyed this episode a lot. I do agree though with regards to Cary/Diane. I feel like they are just looking for ways to include them without actually working on figuring out a long term story line for them. I’ve mentioned this in the comments many times before but I think the obvious direction for Diane for the remainder of the show’s run is for them to bring back her judgeship story line and follow through on it this time. I can’t really come with anything for Cary at the moment, but these showrunners are clearly creative and talented as evidenced by the first 5 seasons of this show. I’m sure they could come up with something worthwhile for him to do.
    After the Peter reveal, the thought of Alicia being stuck in the White House with him makes me want to puke even more so. Each time Peter has campaigned, he has won, so I think this would be the one he finally loses. One good outcome of another campaign story line for me is that I really enjoy the relationship between Alicia and Eli. I love the way he cares for her. He can be so mischievous, but when it comes to it affecting Alicia, he never wants to hurt her. It’s like he’s her protector or her second brother. I’d love to see more of their bond as well as Alicia’s bond with Cary (and Diane too I wish). Even though it was like 30 seconds, I still had a smile on my face watching Alicia go to ask Cary for help.

• abz says:

And I get why many people disliked “Mind’s Eye”, but I remember actually enjoying. Alicia’s mind is such a dark place (once again as evidenced by her choice of getting the bad news first in this episode) that it was such a great insight into her character.

13. Ingmar says:

Normally I always agree with your recap, but not this week, except for the Diane and Cary plot. They need to have more to do…

That said, I love the NSA stuff and I am intrigued with Jason. Also liking Luca. Case of the week was pretty fun.

14. We mb says:

I laughed my pants off. Let them have some fun and entertain us, but let’s hope it doesn’t get out of control.

15. VJ says:

I agree regarding Christine Baranski and Matt Czuchry. All the more because I don´t really care for the Peter president plot or the Jason arc and while I loved the NSA storyline in previous seasons; this story was done. And everytime they throw in a Cary/Alicia scene I´m reminded how great it could have been if they managed to work it out to put them in one place, working together. Give them in actually storyline! Also: I´m pretty sure the election rigging will have consequences someday for someone.
    Didn´t love the episode but it was okay. And the mention of the Sociopath book reminded me that I have a whole list of books that were introduced on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart I wanted to buy and read. So, at least something.

16. Ellesten says:

Great recap. Two questions: (1) Is it Margulies’s goal to get her Panjabi-friendly co-stars sidelined to the point that WE start calling for the Kings to cut loose Christine B. & Matt C? (2) Why does Alicia always, always look as though she’s sucking on something sour? Because she’s learned that life’s like that? It’s excruciating to watch, and not very subtle.

• Pixel says:

“(1) Is it Margulies’s goal to get her Panjabi-friendly co-stars sidelined to the point that WE start calling for the Kings to cut loose Christine B. & Matt C?”
      I’m not sure about CB, because JM always praised her and she’s like an institution. But I pretty sure MC is getting his payback for being AP’s best friend.

17. Eran says:

I really hate to say this but it really is starting to look as though The Good Wife has had one overhaul too many. The chess board has been reshuffled so many times what with all the changing firms and revolving doors that right now, Alicia’s and Lucca’s firm and Lockhart, Argos and Lee seem like they’re operating on two separate planes.
    Too many strands of the series’ core DNA in my opinion have been severed and I can’t imagine how they can be put back now. The show doesn’t feel the same to me anymore. Mind you, I do still enjoy it, but the weekly, “wow! This is good television!” punch it used to back… just isn’t there for me any more.
    Also, I am surprised by how much I feel Kalinda’s absence. I have never been one of those fans to scream blue murder whenever a character leaves/is killed off (I couldn’t miss Derek Shepherd less if I tried on GA, for instance) but Kalinda? Again…another core DNA strand severed. Too many ideas going on right now, and nothing tying them together. I hope this is the last year. Would be a real pity to watch such a stellar show go out on a whimper.

• Eileen says:

This is one of my favorite shows-I love Alicia! That being said, they are going a bit astray this season. They need several strong, intriguing law cases with one of our favorites sitting in opposition-Elsbeth? Canning? These need to arc through a few episodes-and some of the political angle needs to dial back. Let Peter fail at his attempt and have a fall from grace, and let’s see how that plays out. So many amazing actors attached to this show, and the unruliness is hard to follow. I would love to see a strong Cary storyline as well-bring in his family and deal with his past demons. Matt C can handle the storyline and he is GOOD onscreen!! I also love having Eli back this season-he is a joy to watch.

• Mike M says:

I know exactly what you mean about Kalinda. It stands as the ultimate statement about just how good an actress Archie Panjabi is that we miss her that much, even when she had been already almost totally sidelined in Season 6. And it’s made all the worse for me by all the scenes between Alicia and Lucca Quinn. Lots of them… all so obviously shot with both actresses together on set, deliberately casting her new BFF as a colored woman, immediately making her Alicia’s business partner… like it’s all OK stupid viewer, look – this IS Kalinda! THIS is exactly what you wanted… you can shut up now, here she is! I just sigh and try not to get angry but it is really hard watching these scenes and knowing how good this show could have been – could still be – if it were not for so much nastiness. I can’t see them joining all the broken threads now – because they are not just broken in the story arcs – they are well and truly broken in real life too between some of these people. And that’s now a good part of what the show itself is reflecting.

18. robandco says:

Yay, I am so happy the NSA subplot is back!! They were so fun the last time. That goat ending was brilliant.
    The episode was solid overall. Some stuff were really good, like the case of the week and the LAL discrimination storyline. But I am not liking the election stuff this time. I want Eli to win and crush Ruth.
    I love how they nuance Diane’s character. Yes, she’s as liberal as she could be, but she makes mistakes and doesn’t see certain things. The whole Lockheart/Agos/Lee storyline is boring though. What are they setting up? Is the firm going to implode and Alicia will come back on her horse in a shiny armor? When the girl sent the email with the video I screamed because I thought Diane would use it to force Howard out… Well, another time!

19. Bonnie says:

Thanks for the recap. I was totally lost last night. Too many sub plots. I’m not liking the direction the show is going this year. I’ll give it a few more episodes.

• Caro says:

Me too. The NSA, gay guy, Howard and even bond court need to go and make place for the good old, fantastic stories we’re used to!

20. Sarah O says:

There were a lot of odd things in this episode:
    1. Why did Dellinger call Alicia on her regular phone after being all paranoid and making her use burner phones and what I assume was supposed to be a microwave shielding blanket?
    2. How does it help Eli to take down Peter, who he’s been tied to for years?
    3. Why would lawyers say a bunch of incriminating things in interviews, when they’ve spent years working employment discrimination suits?

• robandco says:

1. It was clearly shown that he send her a burner phone that he called. We saw her receive the envelop that was ringing.
      2. Eli is very spiteful. But he’s not trying to destroy Peter, he just want to destroy Ruth and the head of the democratic committee guy. That’s why he’s reluctant to going forward with his plan if it involves Peter too much.
      3. I don’t know. Lazy writing maybe? Also doctors make the worst patient…

• Jeri says:

He used a burner phone but called Alicias regular cell (which is being monitored). Not smart.

• robandco says:

When did he do that? They only spoke to each other over the phone on 2 occasions during the episode. The first one, she had to buy a burner phone under the blankets (so funny) to call his number and the second time he send her a burner phone via postal mail and he called her on that phone. She never used her personal cell phone to call him.

He was the one monitored by the NSA. The NSA guy realized it was Alicia because he had previously worked on her surveillance and because he liked listening to her life before he tried to find a connection to a red flag (Snowden) to be able to legally listen to her again. They knew where he was and what phone he was using in Iceland all along but they can’t legally do anything to have him deported because Iceland doesn’t allow it. It was just a lucky guess if that one guy monitoring him also knew Alicia I guess.

• LDMRNJ says:

You’re right on the timeline and I’m even ok with the story line – however, her mention of Snowden seemed like a huge stretch to get the OK to start stalking, er, monitoring her again. In context it was clear the comment was about Dellinger and not Snowden himself. That bugged me. Like really, try a little harder guys (and by that I mean the show’s writers…)

• LDMRNJ says:

Actually, I think he’d be fine destroying Peter. IT was, after all, Peter that fired and replaced Eli with Ruth. What he doesn’t want to do is destroy Alicia. I think it’s why he hesitated – but I also think it’s why he’ll ultimately go ahead and have the info leaked. He was paying close attention to Alicia’s expression as Peter took the podium and picked up on the “Oh please, drop dead you lying, cheating, SOB” look on her face as Peter started talking. My bet is that Eli will decide Alicia won’t be wounded as much as affirmed if she found out that Peter was behind her election issues. It gives her one more reason to hate him and another reason to inch out the married-to-Florrick door.

• robandco says:

I am still deciding whether Eli is capable of doing that to Peter. From the very beginning he was team Peter all the way, doing very wrong things for him and his success. Maybe he’s trying to find a way to protect him. But if he does destroy him I’ll be fine with that (because I don’t like Peter). After all, we rarely get to know what Eli is thinking until after he’s done with his plan.
          As for the look on Alicia’s face, I have no idea what that was. At first I thought it was a caring look, but you may be right. JM (and Alicia) has that resting bitch face so I don’t know… I know they weren’t on good terms during her election storyline, but she could have ditched him after the debacle, she still could if she finds out he’s behind her election scandal.

21. Caro says:

I agree on everything, except the addition of Lucca Quinn. I don’t see her as a good addition, but maybe I’ll warm up to her. Maybe it’s just that I don’t like Alicia with her on bond court. And there’s no proof Lucca is as smart as f.e. Diane. I loved the idea of Diane and Alicia as a team, and now Alicia gets Lucca, who only has experience as a bond court lawyer. Not happy about that! And yes, Diane and Cary making those comments seems illogical, out of character. The Howard and also the gay associate storylines are boring and annoying! Why these petty, irrelevant stuff when the Kings can write such amazing cases for Diane and Cary – even arrogant Lee is an amazing lawyer, so why not write amazing, high performance stories like they did before? I really hope things will improve and get better like they were… The Kings have done an amazing thing, writing a great show, so please don’t let that slip into these empty stories.

22. JeanetteR says:

I agree with Diane and Cary acting out of character during the job interviews and that the winter coats during Peter’s announcement were ridiculous, but I am the fan who is happy to see the NSA guys back. They were so much fun the first time around, saying the things fans always wanted to say. I was so surprised to see them back that I felt a surge of happiness. I’m hoping they aren’t overused, but I do enjoy them.

23. Nan says:

What is ridiculous now about this show is there are less cases, too many personal storylines and the continued idiocy of Alicia and Peter’s sham marriage….please please move on already. This is so overdone. Another show that has lost the levity and lightness that it once had….Stick a fork in it…

24. Marguerite Petrizzi says:

Thank you, thank you for pointing out how stupid it was to have Peter and Alicia go along with the overcoat/hat thing. It was bad enough when they were going to be outside, and when they had to move it inside, why oh why did they go along with it? If I were a voter and saw that, I would never vote for Peter – it would be obvious to me that he couldn’t stand up to his handlers.

25. Sammy says:

I think that the Kings dont know or want LAL and Florrick/Quinn interact as often so they create these side stories that make no sense. Maybe they need work harder in creating the ensemble story.

With that said, im glad they brought up this terrible inequality. They needed a better solution tho. It was left open ended there.

I think Ruth is trying to tank Peter’s campaign. Shes working for someone who hates Peter. Maybe Eli will find out n have a choice to save Peter or destroy him. Should be interesting to see where that goes

26. JW KC says:

I HATE seeing the NSA story again. Been there, done that. Disappointed in this episode

27. mare says:

How quickly everyone is to dismiss the continued existence of the double whammy of racism and sexism ( nevermind academic snobbery and neiborhood profiling) that still infects our country! Diane and Cary too good for such things? Dream on kiddies

28. Becky says:

I love this show, it’s still one of my favorites. And I was so looking forward to the addition of Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Margo Martindale. And so far, I like what they’re doing with Jason Crouse and with Lucca Quinn. But they are wasting Margo Martindale. She couldn’t be that incompetent. It makes no sense, and I’m not one who can’t suspend belief to move the story along. I can do that, but not on this.

And the Dianne and Cary stuff is just STUPID. Those characters are much better and deserve some real stories. And get rid of Howard already. That story line is idiotic even in small doses and this year they’re using him all the time.

Also, why in the world are they adding back the NSA stuff? I was o.k. with that story line the first time around, but are they so empty of new stories that they have to recycle again and again?

Come on, writers and Kings, get it together, please. I really do love this show, but . . . . .

29. Kansas Blutbad says:

Don’t ever put internet goats on my TV screen again. That had to be the worst ending of any TV show in history!!!!

30. Imzadi says:

I guess it’s just me, but I’m convinced, that Eli just had the brilliant idea, that Alicia could run for president. Well, or perhaps not. But I just can’t shake the idea, that’s what he thought of, when he saw her on screen.

31. suzyku says:

I’m so disappointed that they started again with with NSA listening in! I hated that arc and those 2 idiots. Wish they hadn’t gone their again!

32. Mark says:

The shark has been jumped. Some characters are still likable (tho not many!) but this show can no longer be considered “quality television.” Sorry.

33. D. says:

They need to find a way to get Alicia in the same room as Cary and Diane. The show isn’t the same, and it’s definetely worse now,

34. Mary says:

I am so sick and tired of the constant political slant this show takes on almost all of these episodes. Don’t we have enough politics in everyday life without having to watch a show for entertainment and have these constant elections thrown in every plot? The Good Wife has gone downhill the last few seasons, IMO, since the loss of main character, Will. The best stories were in the first few years of the show.
    I am seriously considering not watching the show any longer, I think the Kings have lost their talent for original, GOOD, storytelling.

35. Linda Palmer says:

Why are episodes repeated each week ?