Castle-OLTL-Reunion

Castle Hosts OLTL Reunion With Guest Stars Kassie DePaiva, Tuc Watkins

Castle‘s New York City will meet Llanview, Pa. when not one or two but three One Life to Live alumni guest-star on the ABC series.

Kassie DePaiva revealed on Twitter late Friday that she as well as former OLTL castmate Tuc Watkins are currently shooting an episode of Castle. Nathan Fillion, himself a OLTL alum, replied with his own thoughts on the mini-reunion:

UPDATE: Darlene Vogel, who played OLTL‘s Dr. Lanie McIver, also appears in the episode.

DePaiva of course portrayed Blair Cramer Manning on the now-defunct ABC sudser, while Watkins played bad boy David Vickers. Fillion played one of OLTL‘s early post-adolescence Joey Buchanans, and has always been great about helping get fellow soap grads onto Castle. (Last January, for example, Kamar de los Reyes fka OLTL‘s Antonio guest-starred in the telenovela-themed episode.)

Though unconfirmed by ABC, it appears that Watkins and DePaiva will appear in Episode 10, “Witness for the Prosecution” (the second to air after the 10-week winter hiatus), as Roger and Joanna Mathis, marrieds who get pulled into a murder investigation. Roger worked as a cameraman for the deceased, while Joanna turns out to be a fan of Castle’s books. (Vogel’s role is unclear at this time.)

Watkins’ other TV credits include Major Crimes, Awkward and Desperate Housewives. DePaiva recently wrapped a run on Days of Our Lives, starred on Guiding Light and has guested on Baywatch and the original Melrose Place. Vogel’s post-OLTL gigs include Pacific Blue and Boy Meets World.

Castle resumes Season 8 this Monday at 10/9c.

1. Teri says:

Love Kassie DaPaiva! She will be great on Castle😀

2. C says:

Nathan and Kassie were on the show at the same time. Kassie started playing Blair in 1993, Nathan joined the show as Joey in 1994.

So fun! I still miss OLTL.

3. That One Mean Girl says:

Joy. The Fillion buddy comedy hour continues!!!

4. Roman Seano says:

Fun fact: Fillion also had his own predecessor, One Life to Live’s previous Joey Buchanan, Chris McKenna guest star on Castle a couple of years ago.

I know he, Depaiva, and Watkins were all great friends when they worked on the show together.

5. Tim says:

Great news for OLTL fans,but I’m hoping to see Nathan’s soap mom Erika Slezak show up on Castle,perhaps as Martha’s sister or an old friend or rival.

6. Alice says:

First a Firefly reunion, now a OLTL reunion, what’s this? The wonder years?

• Anonymous says:

Alice,I certainly agree this is becoming the Nathan Fillions comedy hour and The Stana bad as show neither together this is really going to make ratings even lower .First Slaughter not OLTL reunion oh joy.

• CastleBuzz says:

Same reaction here. I think there was one phrase in NF’s season 8 contract…’make me happy.’ Let me do slapstick, bring in my buddies, send me back in time to my teens so I can do fart jokes and frat parties, dump on the real cops by making me and Alexis super PIs, make Kate look bad, etc. Ugh.

• Castlefan says:

I hope the OLTL viewers who think this is a good thing are correct: never having seen these actors I’m not going to pre-judge.

I am however increasingly concerned that the show is being geared towards NF’s personal preferences and whilst I’d like both the leads to be happy in their work this should not include altering the whole concept of the show to appease one of them – particularly when the so-called humour becomes cringeworthy.

• Kaylee says:

Nathan is a Producer, & since the beginning he’s helped bring crew & cast to the show. I don’t see what the big deal is…8 seasons is a long time for friends to pop on & off, & it’s not like they’ve done incessant Firefly & OLTL themed eps. His friends appear as other characters.

• CastleBuzz says:

The big deal is that it appears as though it’s done only for him, to appease him, to make him happy. And while they haven’t done incessant Firefly themed eps, they certainly have made numerous Firefly references over the course of the series. I’ve never known another TV show to do that for any actor. Most shows want to distinguish the character from the actor, you know, actually require the actor to act the role in the current show.

7. lame says:

Let’s hope the storyline is worth the billing.

8. prish says:

10 weeks? Egad!

9. Coco says:

if only he was 22 again …

10. darlene398 says:

Im thrilled about the OLTL reunion on castle

11. lindag413 says:

I remember Erika,that would be nice if she played Martha’s sister….ok folks all shows do this,bringing in their friends that they worked with on other shows,it has always gone on.
    People on Castle have done this besides Nathan.
    I do not like the continued HateKateGate,enough already,maybe they fix the storyline maybe they do not but enough……

12. Patty says:

Love Castle!!

13. N says:

Love Tuc Watkins

14. naj says:

Hope, hope, hope they let Tuc ad lib!!!!! I sure have missed his humor, and sure have missed Kassie’s sweet personality! What a treat!

15. annek says:

Lets hope we see serious Castle. Getting so very tired of goofy, slapstick Richard Castle…and no Beckett

16. Mari says:

I think this maybe the fillion farewell tour of Castle begins.

17. lindag413 says:

Every show brings in their friends,On Bones Emily had her sister,etc.It is kind of fun sometimes….just not when it turns into frat humor,his constant happy attitude when Rome is burning…..bring in your friends….just write a good story and I will applaud.

18. Jennifer says:

I would rather see a Castle and Beckett reunion then a One Life to Live renuion. Stop making it look like Stana is the trouble maker just because she has other things going for her in her life and Nathan doesn’t. I have said it once and I’ll say it again. The show is called Castle and NF was to be the stary and front runner of the show but as the episodes and seasons went on SK grew her own loyal fan base and they love seeing her on the show. The show Castle is just as much about Stana then it is about Nathan. I love both characters and actors that play the main part. I don’t know them personnal but I really do think they like one another and people are trying to make it look like they hate one another. #Team Castle, #Casket, #StanaKatic, #NathanFillion

19. lurker says:

How about an episode with “Castle” complete cast reunion?

• CastleBuzz says:

LO. Wouldn’t that be new and fresh?!

• lurker says:

Yeah. And to add something. Just the other day I watched some episodes of “Moonlighting” and “Boston Law” where their writers succeeded in breaking the 4th wall without making it look like forced. The actors were actually saying the lines about canceling of the shows during the ongoing plots that looked (plots)… well, let’s just say somewhat weird. Occasional subtle breaking of the 4th wall was “Castle” trademark for me. Remember that line from “Dead from New York”, something like “this season the writers suck”. Now the writers keep telling us non-stop what are they doing in interviews. Sigh.