American Crime Season 2

American Crime Season 2 Takes Over Nashville Slot Beginning Jan. 6

ABC began rolling out its midseason game plan late Friday, announcing that American Crime‘s second season will premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 6 at 10/9c. It replaces Nashville, which will resume its current fourth season in the spring.

Season 2 of American Crime — which finds Season 1 regulars Timothy Hutton, Felicity Huffman, Lili Taylor, Elvis Nolasco, Regina King and Richard Cabral returning in new roles — will be set in the Midwest, at two high schools (one public and one private).

Here’s the official (and highly detailed) synopsis:

“Issues of sexual orientation and socioeconomic disparity come to a boil when lurid photos of a high school boy, Taylor Blaine (Falling Skies‘ Connor Jessup), are posted on social media following a school party. Circumstances become more complicated when Taylor accuses two players on an elite private high school’s championship basketball team, Kevin LaCroix (Eureka‘s Trevor Jackson) and Eric Tanner (The Inbetweeners’ Joey Pollari), of drugging, assaulting and then posting the pictures of him online. The team’s Head Coach, Dan Sullivan (Hutton), tries to unite the players, while overlooking the dysfunction of his own family. Headmistress Leslie Graham (Huffman) struggles to maintain the school’s reputation in the face of accusations of privilege and cover up.

Taylor’s mother, Anne (Taylor), remains a steadfast supporter of her son, despite being publicly assailed by the school’s wealthy families, principle among them the LaCroixs. Taylor’s girlfriend, Evy (newcomer Angelique Rivera), deals with racial tension at her own school, led by Principal Chris Dixon (Nolasco). While the two schools at the center of the story are worlds apart in status, the lives of the students and teachers at both become inextricably linked.

Ultimately, support for Taylor comes from an unlikely place; a person who Taylor and his mother have never previously met, and who inhabits the fringes of the online community.”

The cast also includes American Crime newbie André Benjamin.

1. rcb918 says:

Wow, I’m absolutely fascinated by the American Crime synopsis. While I never paid attention to the first season, I’ll definitely try to check out this one.

2. Ellinaras78 says:

First season was really good. Let’s see how season 2 is, we’re 0/2 with True Detective and Fargo.

3. Angela says:

Looks like some more heavy stuff coming up this season! But it all sounds good-I liked the first season, so I’m in to see how this one plays out :).

4. Cyrax86 says:

Initially Secrets & Lies was meant to air in this timeslot…

• Kristina says:

Oh yeah, they did say that, didn’t they? Maybe they’ll put it back on Sundays because Blood & Oil isn’t doing well?

5. mollytanner says:

Are all the main actors from the first season returning, or just some?

6. ? says:

Sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry.

7. Jo says:

The first season had some amazing acting, and it looked great but it got a little too ambitious and preachy for its own good at times. Love the plot in Season 2 and hope It smooths out the kinks cause this show could be a 10.

8. Lucifer says:

I feel bad Jessup has to follow up being a weak scifi series with being on a weak progressive fantasy series.

9. tvjunkie says:

Well my Wednesday 10pm timeslot just got freed up in January

10. you’re truly a excellent webmaster. The web site loading pace is amazing.

It seems that you’re doing any distinctive trick.
    In addition, The contents are masterwork. you have done a
    wonderful process in this matter!

11. Stephanie says:

I don’t know how Season 2 could possibly be better than a near perfect Season 1. I noticed myself being absorbed in the storyline as well as each actor’s character–that is how amazing the acting was! It was so relevant to the times now, and I hope this next season can do Season 1 the justice and recognition it deserved.

12. Laurie says:

I enjoyed so much working with the cast and crew on Season 2;can’t wait to begin season 3. I pray filming will be in Texas.

Thanks John Ridley

13. Brenda O'Malley says:

I am so excited to start Season 2 of “American Crime”. Season 1 was “FANTASTIC”. You never knew what was going to happen in each episode. And the finale – WOW! I don’t know how season 2 can be better, but I can’t wait to see.

14. Marsha Maietta says:

I am impressed with the issues on this show and their complexity and the drama is well acted…quality stuff.