Post Mortems
The Originals Recap

Originals EP Talks Klaus and Aurora's Future, [Spoiler]'s Arrest and More

“Christmas” came early on Thursday’s The Originals, bringing with it gifts of crushing heartbreak, game-changing reveals and… a false arrest?

Executive producer Michael Narducci spoke with reporters about how this week’s biggest twists will impact the residents of New Orleans moving forward, but first, a quick recap:

* Cami was arrested for the recent string of handsome-man murders. (She’s innocent!)
* Hayley and Jackson continued to work for Davina as her personal bodyguards, earning their freedom.
* Aurora’s vampire origins were revealed: She tried to kill herself back in the day, which forced Rebekah to use her blood to save her. So she killed herself again — this time with vampire blood in her system — and was reborn.
* We also learned that Aurora told Elijah that Klaus killed their mother. (Oops?)

originals-kaluroraEX-GAMES | Fear not, lovers of insanity — the madness inspired by Aurora’s return has only just begun. “She’s kind of like the ex-girlfriend from hell,” Narducci says, adding that “she sounds perfect for Klaus.” That said, those two aren’t the only ones with history. “We’ve found out there’s a great sin from Elijah’s past,” Narducci adds. “Maybe Elijah has stood by Klaus’ side for all these centuries because of a sense of guilt. Maybe the noble, beautiful, honorable Elijah has some chinks in his armor.”

REBEKAH’S RETURN | Narducci says we’ll be seeing Rebekah in present-day New Orleans “very soon,” but refused to confirm whether she’ll be portrayed by Claire Holt or Maisie Richardson-Sellers. “I love both of those amazing actors, and we’re fortunate enough that we have a storyline that will have to resolve Rebekah in Maisie Richardson-Sellers’ body and pick up with what’s going on with the original body, as well. In not too long, you’ll understand how that’s going to play out.”

originals-camiCAMI BEHIND BARS | Still reeling from Cami’s arrest? Well, don’t relax just yet. “We’re going to see the effects of Cami being arrested and her room full of dark objects being discovered by the police,” Narducci teases, adding that the discovery “might play a larger role into what the mastermind villains are up to in terms of how they want to deal with the Mikaelson family. … Things are going to get a lot worse a lot more quickly for her.” And for all you faithful Klaus/Cami ‘shippers: “Eventually, and inevitably, [Klaus] will be concerned very much for what has happened to Cami.”

THE FUTURE OF ‘HAYLIJAH’ | Let’s start with the good news: When it comes to Hayley and Elijah’s relationship, Narducci can assure fans that “nothing is ever finished.” That said, Jackson also “loves her and wants to be a good husband to her.” So what’s next? “Hayley’s going to find herself in the difficult decision of having to choose between this man she married, who is now her family, and the father of her daughter and the brother of the father of her daughter. That’s an impossible place to be.” Narducci also says that Episode 6 ends with “the most chilling and the most romantic and the most sexy, but also the most horrifying, ending we’ve ever done.” Could that be Hayley-related?

DAVINA DIVIDED | The most powerful witch in town will remain a hot commodity in the coming weeks, as “there are people who want her on their team, and they might not be the best people,” Narducci explains. But she also hasn’t forgotten the reason she became Regent in the first place: to resurrect Kol. Adds Narducci, “Has she given up on bringing him back? I don’t think we should give up on that drive.”

PROPHECY HIJACKERS | Could alleged enemies Lucien and Tristan be — gasp! — working together? It’s entirely possible, according to Narducci, who says the duo’s desire to survive might just overpower their differences: “These vampires understand a prophecy has been delivered that the Mikaelsons are going to die. [They’re thinking], ‘Even though we have strife between us, the danger is that we’ll be wiped out when our sires are wiped out. Let’s put aside our differences and find a way to hijack this prophecy and make it work out in our best interest.”

Your thoughts on Klaus/Aurora and the rest of this week’s OriginalsDrop ’em in a comment below.

1. Riana says:

I for one am all for resurrecting Kol

2. Bwhit says:

Am I the only one who finds Jackson so dull?!? I have tried to give him a chance, but he just eats screen time and i don’t think I have wanted a character to disappear more than him. Who cares if Elijah compelled Aurora? I think he has more than made up for it. Klaus would have surely dumped her when she didn’t serve a purpose anymore. I am a Elijah fan so I may be biased but, Klaus burned Elijah’s distraction (Gia), made him sacrifice what he truly wants by standing aside so Klaus’s daughter can be safe (Haley/Hope/Jackson), has done some of his dirty work (ripping out several hearts). Let’s call it a draw and fight these crazy sires together?!? Maybe I’m wrong but Klaus should just give Elijah a pass and move on to the bigger threat.

• Rachel says:

I cannot stand Jackson. His voice is very annoying and I think he really brings down Hayley and makes her even more unlikeable. I wish someone would off him already.

• Bella says:

Jackson is one of my favourites, the more screen time he gets the better.

• Alrisha says:

I understand Klaus, he was abused as a kid by his entire family. The only one nice with him was Rebeka. Elija is not noble, he’s been mean and cruel several times, but somehow Klaus is always the bad guy. They both have their flop, but I think Klaus is more understandable. Even last season, he was working to save everyone and everyone was plotting to betrayed him and stolen his kid. And even after that, when he fight back and made them pay, he is still the bad guy. Hayley deserve the curse: she was about to kidnapped the baby, and that is not OK.
      Jackson is useless, and dump if he doesn’t note that Hayley is in love with Elijah.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Finally someone who agrees with me about Klaus. If everyone would have just trusted him in the first place, he would not have had to do all those bad thing that everyone hates him for this season. If he didn’t do what he did, everyone would be dead, so they’re a lot better off, any pain they suffered as a result a they’re own fault so distrusting and basically betraying Klaus, when he only had the best intentions for his family and tbh the best plan as well.

3. Sharon says:

Oh goody Klaus is crying again….

4. Katie says:

I like the fact that Elijah isn’t as noble as everyone thought. Gives him a whole new side to explore (hopefully), more fighting between him and Klaus (The Devil wouldn’t have put up with Klaus like that for a thousand years), maybe knocking some sense into his little brother. The fact that Tristan and Lucien are in cahoots isn’t really a shock to me. I hadn’t watched the last three episodes but when reading the recaps I figured that they were in this together. Lucien attacking the stranger and leaving him to die in Cami’s arms–what a pig! But I really didn’t see Cami’s arrest coming. Holy smokes! Aurora, what a manipulative, arrogant, power hungry sociopath that one is!! I hate to say but she and Klaus are perfect for one another. Way to turn the wrong one into a vamp, Beks! On a couple of side notes: I’m thinking Vincent might finally be pushed into practicing magic again, what with the new murder and Cami’s false arrest. That would be interesting see the light and dark in him. Davina showed a little growth tonight, helping Hayley and Jackson by getting the curse removed. I had to laugh when Hayley offered her the beer; a little underage drinking anyone? ;) I liked Hayley in this episode because she actually gave Davina some good advice-shows her growth, too. And who knew Davina loves animals, specifically goats? Cool little tidbit.

5. This episode was pretty great. Especially with the ending scene between Klaus and Elijah. The only thing that was flawed for me was the reveal the Elijah has known that Klaus killed their mother for centuries now. This however contradicts with The Vampire Diaries Season 3 when Nikklaus told Elijah after he was undaggered that he was the one to kill their mother. This is a big continuity in the story of The Original Family. Does that mean Elijah has pretended not to know? Thoughts anybody on this?

• JDH says:

I thought he kept the memory behind the Red Door? Like how he didn’t remember killing Tatia.

It was something so terrible, he locked it away from himself, & only dealt with it when it was completely unavoidable (when his more volatile siblings also found out) & even then, i’m fairly certain the moment they found out… Esther managed to claw her way back to life, to undermine the betrayal.

• Hephzi says:

Same feeling ;)

• Phoenix5634 says:

It was a memory behind the Red Door in his mind he has created, he doesn’t remember anything so terrible that his subconscious put it behind the Red Door area of his mind. Until his mother opened that Red Door area of his mind recently he had no conscious access to those memories, but since she unlocked that area of his mind, he is able to remember certain things that he had locked away, if some prompts a memory related to come forth. So it’s like he has all these new memories from behind the Red Door that are unlocked now, but remain dark until something makes him remember them again.

6. kj says:

Whatever u say guys but amaura and klaus looks good enough for me to continue their relationship knowing what actually happened between them…..they are perfect for each other….

7. Ash says:

I cannot stand Jackson and Davina. Both of their characters are so annoying. I really wish they’d get rid of both of them.

8. I’m not to happy about the reason for the brothers falling out. I mean, a 1000 yeah old past ex lover is the cause of the division between the two? No thank you! Tbh Klaus is like a child sometimes, he’s impulse. He’s not learning anything about forgiveness, family and making better decisions! How dare he tell Elijah you set my course. No bitch! You set your own course when you killed your mother and blamed it on your Stepdad. I’m not saying what Elijah did was right but Klaus is always looking for someone to blame for the awful things that he’s done!

• Emily says:

Think clause is sone upset because that was his first love, and her betrayal helped mold him into the heartless person he became. If Elijah hadn’t compelled her she and clause could have had a much different life and he may not have been so brutal all those years. Imagine how differently the world would have turned out.

9. I love Elijah being not so good boy, though it was totally on accident so I’m not really how legit he was. I just hope this doesn’t circle back to Klaus being super mad about it, and then Elijah ends up apologizing, and they just get over it. Klaus didn’t even really apologize for Gia & Hayley. That quasi apology was nothing Elijah deserves (for Gia’s death) & Hayley deserves her own apology. I also kind of wish Elijah would just move back out. Like if Klaus and Elijah hate each other, and he’s not needed to be there for Hope then why does he even bother living there??? Plus, Klaus is all ‘you won’t fall by my hand’ and now he’s fighting Elijah and actually bit him, again, so it’s clearly not that true.

Speaking of Hope, I don’t see the point of having the baby even on the show if they’re always going to pawn her off on Freya. Poor Freya. Spends centuries being able to do like nothing, can’t get laid because Klaus scares them off, and then….oh look, she’s on babysitting duty like all of the time. Hayley and Klaus have stuff to do, but they should also legit be parents to their kid.

I don’t see the appeal of Klaus/Aurora, at all. I don’t really ship Klaus with anyone, but he’s had better chemistry with others, imo.

& because I apparently just ramble, I hope that sexy thing involves Haylijah (even though I’m not really a shipper) it’ll probably go to Klaus/Aurora, no matter we saw them making out & getting it on about a billion times this episode. The creepy stuff tends to go to Klaus, even though Elijah’s red door is broken down it’s usually just shown to paint him as this villain. I’m not here for it.

10. Larkin says:

Aurora is just the ex from hell, but his love for her explains more about him than her actually, and how he once as an Original wanted to love as a man, found it and how all it came crumbling down, to switch off his humanity because of it.. IMO Aurora was his first love and Camille is his true love, as she has that humanity he seeks, needs, and found for him to wanna be a better man but she also carries that darkness he has within himself and because she loves him regardless of that beast within. JMO

11. Nicole says:

The most romantic but horrifying scene at the end, I think will be Aurora and Tristan!! I know brother and sister. But they have the weirdest relationship.
    I think them 2 and Lucian are all working together. Lucian siding with Klaus, Tristan with Elijah and Aurora looking for Rebecca. 👎🏼

One things for sure, Klaus won’t die. Klaus dies>no Originals and no TVD!! 👍🏼

Always and Forver. Fingers crossed they remember that oath!!

• Hephzi says:

Haha true

• Phoenix5634 says:

Aurora has her own plans, separate from Tristan. She’s a total wild card I think. Lol someone mentioned girlfriend from Hell above, lol yeah pretty much sums it up. Tristan said she’s been going through a dark time and she hadn’t quite snapped out of it, that’s why he had her staying with the Monks away from civilation. Also he didn’t know she had come to New Orleans, she came to seek out Klaus and see what happens, if it doesn’t go as she hopes lol then I’d be afraid if I were anyone involved haha. And the odd relationship ur talking about is simply older times, brother watching out for sister relationship, similar to how the Mikaelsons treat Rebekah, but Tristan is a bit more intense about it.

12. Shareice says:

This was a big shocking episode…loved it…but now i can really see why Klaus the way he is. Just shock to know that it was because of Elijah…So he pretended to not know that Klaus killed their mother…i would to see how the dragger punishment came about now..til then…great episode..cant wait til the next one.

13. zed says:

Just a thought- the Originals together with Tvd lot would have made one spectacular show- what brought this on? Somehow both shows lack grandure and are luke warm- anyway- Elijah vs Klaus keeps me glued to the Originals cos of Gillies and Morgan’s great acting abilities!
    ;)

14. Phoenix5634 says:

Awesome episode! Can’t wait for next week! Elijah unwittingly set klaus’s course, and his subconscious guilt is the whole reason behind his determination to help his brother ( right his original wrong ). A lot of you say how could this action by Elijah set Klaus’s course, think about it… Klaus was in love with Amara enough to trust her with his deepest secret, and in return he got his heart methodically ripped out, and called the monster he feared he was by the one person he thought he could love and trust. And early on in his life too, so it would have been one of those pivotal moment in his life. The big question is, did Elijah know about compulsion, or when did he realize what happened.

15. Phoenix5634 says:

Hope’s sireline is going to play some part in this, the way Tristan brought that fact up to Hayley is an “Easter egg” of some kind. I’m kind of wondering if Hope isn’t the “family” the prophecy mentions will take down one of the Originals, or atleast her powers manipulated by someone. When is Hope going to grow up?! I will be so angry if Hope doesn’t even play a role in the show as anything but a baby or child. Is she the “key” to the “beast” maybe?

16. Phoenix5634 says:

I’m curious what Rebekah’s role in all this will be. As bad as a lot of you think Klaus is, he won’t kill any of his family, especially when there’s a prophecy telling them that will happen, he deeply for his family and is way to smart for that. He’s never killed any of them no matter what betrayal in a thousand years, and the only times he’s betrayed his family is when they’re doing something that will cause greater consquence to their family, usually because they don’t trust Klaus. If they’d only trust him they would be unstoppable, and he wouldn’t have to do the bad things he does to them. Imagine a triangle formation with Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah and Freya in the centre.

17. Phoenix5634 says:

Klaus should resurrect Kol, that would change the current prophecy in their favour likely, and make many Fans happy lol

• Phoenix5634 says:

Maybe even bring back Michael, as much as Klaus wouldn’t want to, he could definitely add some much needed help, bring back the vampire who feeds on vampires, and the most deadly Original. Haha show Tristan and Lucien why they were on the run way back when they got turned lol.

18. Phoenix5634 says:

I’m wondering if Tristan, Lucien, and Aurora are not going to kill the originals, but simply do some type of daggering/ channeling thing where they replace the Originals. Think about it, if each of them channeled their progenitor(original who turned them) they would essentially become new originals, because they’re the oldest vampire next to the originals in all time already, and by connecting their life force to one another, they could gain the immortality that the originals have, an as well a lot extra power. Aurora was turned by Rebekah, Tristan by Elijah and Lucien by Klaus. Even by personality it makes some sense, each are very similar to their progenitor ironically, could be some foreshadowing there.

• Phoenix5634 says:

The only problem with that theory is that the Beast is a single individual, so clearly Tristan or Lucien have a secret plan of their own, even from each other, one plans to betray another to become the “beast”. But maybe the foreshadowing I’m getting the sense of is that the personality or emotional tendency of each sire lines progenitor( the original who created the sire line ) is passed on to each member of the sire lines, like traits from the originals are translate to everyone who shares the same blood.

19. Phoenix5634 says:

Klaus’s true hybrid humanoid form would be epic to see. Would make a great fight scene.

20. Phoenix5634 says:

Watching new episode as we speak, Freya just proved when she saved Rebekah that if the Originals work together, they would be basically unstoppable. Imagine a triangle formation with Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah, and Freya in the centre, it’d take an army of every supernatural creature to take them down.

21. Phoenix5634 says:

Not happy with how Rebekah was taken down, but it does follow my theory where the Originals won’t be killed, but replaced.

22. Phoenix5634 says:

Haha told you all Aurora would be a wild card, as long as things go her way, she’ll be helpful, but the moment things turn, she will too. Haha can’t wait to see Tristan’s reaction when he learn 2 of Aurora’s sire line took Rebekah from him lol. Another awesome episode !

23. Janelle says:

I love Tristan; first of all he’s gorgeous, I would like to see how he became a vampire and a little more scenes of him. I’d also like to see some flashbacks of Lucien, Tristan and Aurora having to run from Mikael; since Elijah brought that up I’d like to see the compulsion scene and bits of them believing they were the Originals and then I’d like to see after the Compulsion is broken and their lives after. We would also get to see Mikael’s character return. I’d like to see some flashbacks of the Trinty forming and early days of the Strix. There is so much they can do with these three new characters, so many flashbacks. It’s awesome. Keep them around for a couple seasons! Give them good story lines!

24. joyce says:

i’m a fan for klaus and aurora not cami and kluas