The Flash Ratings

Ratings: The Flash Hits Season Highs

The CW’s The Flash this Tuesday drew 3.9 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating (per finals), ticking up on both counts to season highs.

Leading out of that, iZombie (1.4 mil/0.6) was steady in the demo.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | NCIS (18 mil/2.3) inched up 8 percent and two tenths to best-since-premiere numbers. New Orleans (14.2 mil/1.9) rose three tenths to its best rating since April 28, while Limitless (7.9 mil/1.5) ticked up one tenth.

ABC | The Muppets (4.6 mil/1.4) and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (3.8 mil/1.4) were steady, Fresh Off the Boat (4.5 mil/1.6) ticked up and Wicked City (2.4 mil/0.7) fell 27 and 22 percent from its soft premiere. Yes, The Flash is doubling the demo of an ABC drama.

FOX | Grandfathered (3.2 mil/1.0) and Scream Queens (2.4 mil/1.0) were steady, while The Grinder (2.5 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth.

NBC | The Best Time Ever season finale (5.1 mil/1.4) rose 19 percent and three tenths to hit and tie 5-week highs. Leading out of a Voice clip show (8.2 mil/2.0), Chicago Fire (8.1 mil/1.8) dipped a tenth.

1. Eric7740 says:

Is it just me, or is the Flash not as enjoyable this season as it was last season??? I still enjoy it, but its just not giving me that “I have to watch it immediately, kinda feeling!!!” Am I missing something???

• MissEllys says:

There is something kind of off….like they don’t have a clear mission or something….and the season started off weird with his father leaving like that…..and it’s really missing Dr. Wells in his leadership position.

• Gary says:

I believe they are going with the “Monster of the Week” approach which is enjoyable but they do not have a clear mission in mind (even though Zoom is stalking them).

• DavidJ says:

Huh, I actually think it’s gotten off to a great start so far, and have been enjoying it just as much as the first season. Especially with the introduction of Earth 2 Flash and Patty and cool surprises like King Shark.

• courtney says:

Same, it’s great!

• Jake says:

The Flash is succeeding because it’s good escapist fun, written and produced by a team with obvious respect for comics (across a period of decades now). To me it’s far more enjoyable than the nihilist violence of Gotham and the DC superhero movies, and I hope it’s around for years to come.

• Liz985 says:

I think it’s because they are moving away from the very personal, grounded, and relatable story of Barry and his family (his mom’s murder, his dad’s incarceration) to more of the comic book universe with all of the SciFi elements that it requires. It changes the tone of the show. You’re not just dealing with an average guy with extraordinary powers, but with giant sharks that can walk, a second earth where there’s a guy that lives in Atlantis, etc. etc. Arrow is having the same issues.

• SayNay says:

I still love the show, but I agree that they’ve moved away from the more personal aspects of Barry’s story that made it more compelling. In some ways it feels like Barry’s hardly there.

• Zayne says:

Yeah, I completely disagree. It’s even more of a “must watch immediately at 7:15!” show for me this season. Last night’s was one of my favorites of the whole series.

• Azerty says:

Wait until the battle until Zoom officially starts. The best episodes last year were the one with the Reverse Flash (the mid season finale and basically every episodes after Team Flash learnt Wells identity). So I think in a couple weeks there will be the cross over with Arrow and then a mid season finale with Zoom so I can’t wait for that.

2. Amanda says:

Yay for The Flash! It’s a good show and I hope that it stays that way….I love it when it’s more about the action and not some stupid love triangle or shipping! So hopefully Batty (or Parry), Westallen or whatever code dumbness is out there will be a back story and not monopolize the show! (Cause we all know at some point, he’s going to be with Iris) We’ve lost too many good shows to that mess (I had to drop Once Upon a Time, miss season 1, add sad emoji)

3. Paolo says:

Yay for iZombie. The last episode was pretty sweet…

• MissEllys says:

I just started watching that show and was surprised by how good it was. CW just keeps getting better and better.

• csb says:

Major’s character is really improving and has grown on me this season. His humor in the first scene was great. I loved the line about Marshawn Lynch and the one about condoms and rock-salt.

4. MissEllys says:

I don’t think anyone is surprised at how awful Wicked City is doing.

5. Elle says:

Cisco was everything in this past episode. Love Carlos so much. It was awesome to Iris get in on some of the action and actually talk to the other members of “Team Flash” hopefully that keeps going!

6. Thomas hunter says:

I tend to think that part of the “problem” with THE FLASH (and ARROW) is a lot of time is being spent setting up the mid year spinoff Legends Of Tomorrow.

That said, I am still enjoying these two show more than anything this season, except THE BLACKLIST.

😋

7. David4 says:

I never thought I’d see the day when a CW show would beat everything on Fox and a drama on ABC.

8. farahfaune says:

Dr. Light was awesome and it looks like the story with Zoom is heating up and Wells is officially back. It was a really good episode except for the romance stuff with the new girl. A lot of the problem this season has been the new people taking over screen time and setting up that Legends of Tomorrow show, but this was a good episode and Kendra didn’t take up too much of the focus of the episode like the other LOT characters have in the past.

9. Ellinas1978 says:

Tuesday is my second least favorite TV night of the week behind Friday. At least there is the Flash and shows from Sunday/Monday.

10. Mr. Tran K says:

I’ll be shocked if Wicked City will join The Player, Blood & Oil, Minority Report and Truth Be Told as part of the “trimming episodes in a season” club.

11. Jared says:

The CW sure has come a long way. The network has some of the best series currently on network tv(atleast in my opinion..lol)

12. The Grinch says:

I need to stay away from all the Flash/Arrow stuff. I just started watching both on Netflix. My CW affiliate is so low power, it doesn’t even broadcast in HD and never has to, so I cant even stand to look at it ( :) first world problems, ya know). Not to mention I’m only 10 seasons behind on Supernatural.

13. tvjunkie says:

Wicked City is DOA

14. KC says:

Happy for The Flash – it’s a great show.
    Scream Queens will go under 1.0 soon on it’s way to cancellation

15. Hipper says:

wait, that was the season finale of Best Time Ever? Was it always intended to be that short?

16. courtney says:

I’m glad, it was such a good episode.

17. herman1959 says:

I also complained about the low energy and sad/regretful tone at the start of this season of The Flash, but the show is back now! Anyone who didn’t like last night’s episode just doesn’t like the show, but that’s OK…you can admit it and move on.

18. Guy says:

So The Flash performed better in the demo than everything on Fox and ABC (except tied with Fresh off the Boat) last night. That is pretty crazy.

19. kmw says:

Way to go Flash. Doing better than a lot of the big network shows. Nice to see CBS shows do better, but too bad for FOX and definitely not good for Wicked City

20. DarkDefender says:

When I see these kind of ratings for a Tuesday, it gives me hope for Castle. It still gets 6-8 million overall viewers. Not too shabby.