Exclusive
Mom Linda Lavin

Mom Casts Linda Lavin as Violet's Future Mother-In-Law

Mom is adding another formidable mother to its ranks.

The CBS sitcom has tapped TV vet Linda Lavin to guest-star as the mother of Violet’s (Sadie Calvano) fiancé Gregory. Lavin’s matriarch is skeptical about her son marrying into a family with alcohol and addiction issues.

Lavin, best known for playing the title role in the ’70s sitcom Alice and most recently seen on The Good Wife, will make her Mom debut later this season.

The actress joins fellow Season 3 guest stars Judy Greer, Ellen Burstyn, Emily Osment and Joe Manganiello.

Season 3 of Mom premieres Thursday, Nov. 5 at 9/8c.

1. anon123 says:

oh my god this show has been on a break forever. i can’t wait for next week!!

2. Dave says:

They are getting such a great cast!!!

3. Stacy says:

This show’s guest stars are starting to rival The Good Wife’s! I can’t wait for the show to return. It’s been getting consistently better. I’m not a fan of Jaime Pressly’s character, however. Octavia Spencer is a little over the top, but she still gets some chuckles.

4. yankeesrj12 says:

Love Mom! Season two was a vast improvement over season one. Hopefully it continues to get better!

5. chris says:

She is amazing — she’s also recently hilarious in the movie THE INTERN.

6. Rocco says:

excellent post I’m a big sports fan from holland

7. Randy Todd says:

I hope Linda becomes a regular.i loved her in Alice.

8. Jim J. says:

Let’s not forget that “Alice” also aired on CBS (the same network as “Mom”).

9. Wonderful goods from you, man. I have remember your stuff prior to and you’re
    just extremely excellent. I really like what you have obtained right here, really like what you are stating and the way in which
    through which you are saying it. You make it entertaining and you still take care
    of to stay it sensible. I can not wait to read much more
    from you. This is actually a great web site.

10. Kathy says:

Linda Lavin was great in this episode. I look forward to seeing her on the show. She is still beautiful and a funny lady. What a great addition!