Grimm Season 5 Ratings

Ratings: Grimm Returns Steady With Finale, But Smallest Audience Ever

NBC’s Grimm opened Season 5 on Friday with 4 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating (per finals), down from its previous premiere (5.3 mil/1.4, also opposite the World Series but leading out of a much stronger Dateline) but on par with its May finale (4.7 mil/1.1).

That said, the spookfest drew its smallest audience ever. TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “B+.”

Opening NBC’s night, Undateable (2.6 mil/0.7) and Truth Be Told (2.2 mil/0.7) were flat.

Fox’s coverage of the World Series Game 3 drew 13.2 mil and a 3.2.

Over on CBS, The Amazing Race (6.1 mil/1.2) was flat, Hawaii Five-0 (8.4 mil/1.1) ticked up from last week’s demo low and Blue Bloods (9.7 mil/1.1) dipped in the demo.

ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.9 mil/1.3) ticked up, Dr. Ken (5.8 mil/1.2) was steady. Shark Tank (6.2 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth while 20/20‘s Leah Remini/Scientology take-down (8.2 mil/1.7) surged 58 and 42 percent to best-since-April numbers.

Leading out of a Crazy Ex rerun, The CW’s Top Model (940K/0.2) ticked down.

1. MFL says:

Wow Dr Ken holding it’s own…I’m impressed. Loving this comedy.
    Ouch for Undateable

2. Theresa says:

BRING BACK CONSTANTINE !!

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Still not impressed by Dr. Ken’s numbers even though they already got a full season order by ABC.

4. suzyku says:

Wonderful to have Grimm back again and we thought the episode was great!

• Sandy Moschetti Young says:

I don’t know where these people get their numbers saying Grimm had the lowest #s, when on facebook there were 4 or million talking about watching and looking forward to Friday night.

5. william says:

one of the best Grimm episodes yet. Still hoping Juliette isn’t gone from the show. She was a great complement to the cast. Long live Juliette.

6. I thought this beginning of the 5th season of Grimm was great. A little confusing right at the start but by the end of the show I was eager for next weeks show to be on.

7. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Grimm’s episode last night was awesome Nick was REALLY losing it dealing w/ 2 deaths, Trubel missing and a baby!! As Dr. Ken I only saw the first ep. will watch nxt.Friday before Grimm.

8. MELODY says:

I have at&t and scheduled for Grimm to be recorded. Came home and show was not recorded nor were any of the upcoming episodes scheduled. Realized that at&t has Grimm listed as a TNT show, not NBC. Explains why it never recorded. Had to record each show separately.

• Sandy says:

I just can’t believe there were only 4 million watching. There had to be more then that. There was over 4 million onfacebook stating they were watching. Would like to know where they get their numbers.

9. Grimm Just 4 million?? No way…

10. John says:

One of the best shows I have ever seen…. and I love tv. HARD TO BELIEVE ONLY 4 MILLION WATCHING WHEN TWITTER, FACEBOOK, AND IT CLEARLY SHOW MORE THAN 4 MILLION BETWEEN JUST THOSE THREE. Come on Neilson, step your game up. Me and my friends have a pizza party every Friday for Grimm. Keep going NBC. Great job!!!

11. DUNG TRAN says:

? DOES THE NIELSEN COUNT STATS ON HULU, AMAZON, AND ETC.. TO COUNT ON THEIR RATINGS? BEFORE DECIDING. PEOPLE DON’T GET TO WATCH THE SHOW OFF OF THE TUBE BECAUSE OF VARIOUS REASON.. IF THAT IS NOT TAKEN IN CONSIDERATION, i THINK IT WOULD BE A FAILED RATING SYSTEM.

• Sandy says:

Dung, I could not agree with you more. I believe the Nelson reports are way off. I record all of my shows because of the long commercials. And I bet they don’t count recordings. Too many good shows are being canceled because of their reports and it is a dangerous shame.

• elizamatt says:

@Sandy The truth is Grimm is bleeding viewers. The old fans are abandoning them because many hate the Adalind/Nick/baby story line, that the writers are dead set on to lure in younger viewers.

The writers are ignoring the shows mythology, the Royal connection, Renard, Wu, to solely focus on couples and babies and trying to re-create a Slayer/Vampire-romance, just with a Grimm and a somewhat boring Hexenbiest. But Grimm is not the brilliant show Buffy was. It had great potential and I loved it, but these days it is forgettable. When you add sullen, foulmouthed writers who hate fans with opinions, and story lines of multiple pregnancies and childbirth(!), no wonder less people are tuning in.

• Sandy says:

Sorry Sandy,you are so wrong about GRIMM. Grimm has a lot of followers. I love this show and all of the actors. Been with it from the start and like what ever twist and turns are coming up. Just sit back and enjoy or turn to another channel. Never know what is up with the writers.

• elizamatt says:

Sandy are you replying to me or yourself? I’m Eliza? No, I’m not wrong. The ratings validate my point. Grimm used to have a lot more fans – I was one of them. Check any fan forum and you will find people just like me. Dedicated fans who simply can’t recognize their favorite show anymore, but when we voice our objections that the writers are ruining the show, we are told quite rudely to stop watching it. Your remark “turn to another channel” is exactly echoing the problematic attitude of the writers and is part of the reason why Grimm is losing viewers. They seem hellbent on destroying a show, being rude to the fans who genuinely care about it and only criticize Grimm to make them know we can’t recognize our favorite show. Their response, this childish chant to watch something else, might be forgiven in other genres, but these are die hard-fantasy fans they are insulting, and if a writer acts like a diva in this genre, they lose fans. Once gone, they are not coming back. Seems like the writers believe they can walk on water, and do not need to honor their fandom. The ratings tell a different story.

12. N says:

i hope Grimm can continue till the end, with the viewerratings being dropped and all. i wonder how they count it. I live in holland, and after season three they stopped it ( i know right?!) so thank god for the internet. i just hope they know they have more fans than the actual viewerslist shows.

13. Lana says:

The show is ridiculously poor. It is not believable and i m not talking about supernatural but emotions and feelings. The main character has no back bone ( adalind destroyed him and he is creating a happy family?) and is a total bore. Character transformations are not realistic (adalind and juliette. why was juliette turned into a robot? She could still talk and make faces like a normal person despite the brainwash hey?). I predict the show will die very soon.

• Kevin146 says:

Do you? I hope so! Bc they have ruined all what Grimm was. The ratings are yet generous in comparation with the horrible plot. Is obvious that the Writers are tired of Grimm, they do not have ideas. Is better let it end no, before that Grimm turn in a true circus.