The Walking Dead Renewed

Walking Dead Renewed for Season 7

In what will go down as the least shocking TV development of the decade month, AMC has renewed The Walking Dead for Season 7. Companion series Talking Dead has also been picked up for another season.

In a refreshingly cheeky statement, AMC president Charlie Collier said, “Thank goodness someone had a Magic 8-Ball with them in our many long internal meetings about these renewals. When, on the third shake, ‘without a doubt’ filled the murky blue screen, we knew we had to proceed with new seasons of The Walking Dead and Talking Dead.

“All joking aside, we are so proud to share these shows with fans who have been so passionate, communicative and engaged,” the exec added. “We are grateful for and continually impressed by the talent, effort and excellence on continuous display by Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple, Chris Hardwick and the many people with whom we partner to make these unique shows possible. The result: More Walking and Talking. Hooray.”

Despite the Season 6 premiere being down a tick in the ratingsWalking Dead remains a force of nature, with its most recent episode drawing 18.2 million viewers and 12 million adults 18-49 in live+3 data (which was up vs. the corresponding Season 5 episode). Meanwhile, last Sunday’s Talking Dead approached series highs with 7.3 million viewers and 4.6 million in the key demo.

1. Grace says:

Thank goodness! Worrying about this has kept me up at nights. I’m so glad AMC is sticking with the show. It’s great when a network really stands by the shows it believes in no matter what the ratings.

2. aph1976 says:

This is great news!However i’m sure the show knew that AMC was going to renew them for another season.

3. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

No surprise about this the show is a ratings juggernut so of course AMC is going to renew it! S6 so far is getting really good yet scaring the BEJESUS out of me w/the Glenn situation!!!!

4. Win says:

I can’t believe this replaced [insert obscure AMC program TWD didn’t really replace]! The deception! The betrayal! Fandom outrage! Just kidding, I need my Rick & Co./Negan.

5. Sarah says:

YES!!! I’m so happy..this season has been amazing and it’s only starting..i can’t wait for more.
    Talking dead was a really surprise for me because I’m not really into talk shows but Chris Hardwick really knows how to charm and engage people and most of the guests are hilarious and fun.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Love reading this as I sit here at Walker Stalker Con Atlanta :-) :-) These people are all so nice!!

7. Spence says:

I’m surprised it took this long to be renewed!

8. SayNay says:

While I’m sure AMC will try to keep this running until it’s in the ground, is there any of number of seasons folks think it should end? I’d like to see TWD end season 8or 9… 10 at most.

9. The Walking Dead is the best show on TV right now. Take a bow, AMC. Not you Glenn.

10. Azerty says:

Never doubt it. Now the big question is who is going to make it alive to season 7?

11. Karen sudyka says:

The ones we will Not TOLERATE killed RICK.CARL and THE BABY GLENN,MAGGIE,DARYL,CAROL AND MICHONNE she just will not die because She will CUT EVERY ONES HEAD OFF.So be warned writers…….

• Karen sudyka says:

I meant writers that you to be warned if you kill off these from the show Rick,Carl. The Baby Glenn,Maggie,Daryl,Carol,and Michonne…. Michonne will not ever die she will Cut every ones head off and if you kill any of our favorite that means your heads can be cut off just as well…Ha Ha Ha ‘The Walking Dead’ my favorite show of all times..

12. Heathers says:

I seriously hope this show ends after season 7. Please just give us a darn conclusion!!!

13. Annie Bryant says:

The best way to get a follow back and watch movies all night to be on that one day you will never understand why people think I have a good time with you guys should have more than I thought it would be a little too much for me

14. Ethan Willhite says:

For the walking dead new season, is rick gonna be in the new season or is he dead forever.